Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

A really powdery few cms in the last hour, some very hefty showers, and bitter windchill. Woodcutting weather indeed

It's a devolution thing.  This particular regime of cold weather warnings only applies to England (I think).

My apologies spindrift, I genuinely thought you were making a sarcastic joke here, after reading Soaring Hawk I realise you were actually being informative!

Weather warnings would be a surprise issue for the next referendum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Bright, Sunny & Cauld here at work in West Lothian!

Any Snaw oan offur fur the Central Belt today / Tonight?

Big Innes

Hi Big Innes.   Took this from Fife Weather website which they appear to get from the Met Office?Yellow Alert of Snow and Ice

Valid from 16:00 17/01/2015

to 10:00 18/01/2015

Issued by the Met Office on

Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:50:58 GMT.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Bright, Sunny & Cauld here at work in West Lothian!Any Snaw oan offur fur the Central Belt today / Tonight?Big Innes

Models suggest the stuff coming in from the west at the moment will make it through to the east coast over the next hour or two, another band probably hitting around 8-9pm and then more around 6am.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Heavy snow shower in the Weeg! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

As others have commented the MT is a disaster zone at the moment (although it's slightly better now some of the folks with toys/heads remaining have started commenting) but charts this morning aren't too bad IMO. The two main positives are that it brings an increased risk of frontal snow affecting us and tries to establish a Siberian High, which will help back colder air westwards into the continent so any easterly longer term would be much more potent.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Funny you should mention a Siberian high LS.   I touched on this in my post to you on page 160.   I have often noticed that when temps as low as the minus teens  are forecast that a Siberian high can be in the mix?   Think the models will be getting to grips soon.   Trouble is, if they do, I dread to think what the MT will turn into!    Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!! :blink2:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Models suggest the stuff coming in from the west at the moment will make it through to the east coast over the next hour or two, another band probably hitting around 8-9pm and then more around 6am.

Hi LS ...ties in nicely with my local Wunderground weather forecast....

100% snow chance 6-9 pm....and 70% from 3-6am.....would be nice to wake up to a bit more snow tomorrow⛄

Also shows temps rarely getting above 1c for the next wee while and 40-60% snow chance tues/wed/Thursday............sounds like a nice wee cold spell to me, and perhaps more to come later...

All I'm really looking for is a bit of snow for wee Dr(s)No ..to get out in

Posted

Don't go into MT! Too many souther softies arguing about a cm of snaw on the M1!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Cheers LS

Some light snaw here now in West Lothian and the Sky is looking quite dark out to the West!

Mibbies aye, mibbies SNAW!!!

Big Innes

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

We seem to be lucky for a change here in Coatbridge in regards to the snow showers. It also seems to be not melting when it stops too :-)

post-9036-0-46866300-1421418663_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Could someone please nuke the Fannaichs? Mebbe Ben Wyvis while you're on it...

Fax charts for Saturday into Sunday look promising, possibly altitude dependent.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Showers really packing in on West coast. Could be an interesting afternoon! :yahoo:

Posted

This shower must have gave us the most snow we've had here in about 2 years

• Like 1

Posted

Nut it bodes well for me when I get home! :hi:As I am about 15 miles east of you on the right line.

Posted

I see Anne McGuire and Kezia Dugdale have cancelled their meeting tomorrow in Stirling due to the expected bad weather.

Interesting.

Posted

Nut it bodes well for me when I get home! :hi:As I am about 15 miles east of you on the right line.

The cover admittedly is still thin but it's the fact the shower was long lasting (and still going too)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

The very lightest of snaw here at Riccarton, W. Embra as a shower just brushes by to the West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice shower drifting through just now direct hit from the West, sunlight caught the top of the clouds on approach.

Just watched the slow motion snow fall ahead of the main cloud band, now a decent covering and steadily falling giving a good covering.

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1