Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Madness - you're 5-10miles up the road, and we've got nothing here !

:D

And I'm still tempted to go for a drive to see Maitlands 13inches another 5 miles up the road. Why do we always want more?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

And I'm still tempted to go for a drive to see Maitlands 13inches another 5 miles up the road. Why do we always want more?

Fksake SA, ahll huv tae wipe a' mah screen noo!

Aye it's a' in the wording eh!!!

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Fksake SA, ahll huv tae wipe a' mah screen noo!

Aye it's a' in the wording eh!!!

Big Innes

You should see the length protruding from the neighbour's forehead...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Tried to post a picture of my street from half 7 this morning but I can't add past photos for some reason. So here's a photo of what we have left. Nothing. Haven't a clue if the more organised band of snow added any more to the little bit I had this morning. Temp is now 3.2/0.9 and went down slightly in the last 20 minutes

Edit: my phone doesn't have enough battery left to upload the picture of how it looks now either

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Tried to post a picture of my street from half 7 this morning but I can't add past photos for some reason. So here's a photo of what we have left. Nothing. Haven't a clue if the more organised band of snow added any more to the little bit I had this morning. Temp is now 3.2/0.9 and went down slightly in the last 20 minutes

Edit: my phone doesn't have enough battery left to upload the picture of how it looks now either

Sometimes a camera is best for taking photos :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

That made me laugh GB..... great edit :)

turned to rain here now....hoping it eases off and keep the sledge run until colder air returns and hoping dry after work so can take the kids sledging.......

models look good...all cold for a week from later Thursday with no doubt snow opportunities popping up and as Blitzen posted potential -9 daytime figures in areas on Monday....I think the snowfields would need to be retained or created before Monday to achieve that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Sometimes a camera is best for taking photos :D

whats a camera HC???? scarily I have not owned one since i first got a camera on a phone.....even though I have a 20mp camera on my phone seeing the difference in the quality of my wedding photos to my own really showed what a proper camera can do....all be it that will have been an all singing all dancing knight rider millenium falcon type professional spec

That made me laugh GB..... great edit :)

turned to rain here now....hoping it eases off and keep the sledge run until colder air returns and hoping dry after work so can take the kids sledging.......

models look good...all cold for a week from later Thursday with no doubt snow opportunities popping up and as Blitzen posted potential -9 daytime figures in areas on Monday....I think the snowfields would need to be retained or created before Monday to achieve that

There seems to be snowfall potential before Monday, but time will tell if it turns out to be the real deal. You'd defo need snow cover to get those temps :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Look to the north this evening just after sunset and you'll see a bright new star in the sky as heaven gains a new angel :D - the GFS is today being replaced by its younger brother the GFSP upgrade and while it has caused us all many a headache over the years, it has always been a big part of the winter experience both here in Scotland and around the world.

Oidhche mhath, mo leannan!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

This was my street at 8.30 this morning. All this within 10 mins of heavy snow. All gone now though.

post-9036-0-09317600-1421243989_thumb.jp

Posted

Still decent snow cover in this part of EK.  This morning's band definitely added a bit to the (shallow, but still rather nice) cover in the Motherwell/Hamilton area this morning. 

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Still snow in parts of Eire above 400ft according to forums. Let's hope we at least get some snow before the rain comes briefly. Official measurement not that much 4cm.

Posted

Much of the snow has melted but it was nice to have secured a meaningful snow event by the halfway point of the winter and the best covering of snow since March 2013 and thankfully that mere cm of lying snow has saved this winter from being in dreaded category of years such as 06/07, 07/08 and 13/14. 5 consecutive days of snow is the second spell of wintry weather this season - the last being in early December - in what is the first sustained spell/period of seasonal conditions in 2015 after a mild and wild start to the New year with only a few colder blips. Next week should also see the second period of proper cold conditions after the nice cold spell post Xmas.

And it does seem there is currently a shift from predominately mild conditions of the last fortnight into a colder period for the second half of January - quite similar to this time in 12/13. I suppose the mild blip during the next 24hrs will interrupt the current cold spell being part of something more prolonged. Looking at the models it seems to me that perhaps we are about to turn a corner in our winter fortunes. The models are showing cold conditions to persist throughout this weekend and next week and I see the potential for cold conditions/Synoptics to be as deceptively resilient and persistent as the cold spell of January 2013 so a fairly prolonged period of temperatures staying below average could be in the cards.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Wehe finally got the photos. Temp and dew point dropped to 3.0/0.1

post-18130-0-20275200-1421247055_thumb.j

post-18130-0-47104500-1421247072_thumb.j

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 2

Posted

Passed a lot of nice drift action on our drive to the shop. A lot of snow for these winds to play with when they arrive. Hope whatever mildness bugg£rs off pronto and allows the cold back in sooner than later. Looking good for more snow by Thursday evening though

post-12555-0-32779700-1421247725_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Passed a lot of nice drift action on our drive to the shop. A lot of snow for these winds to play with when they arrive. Hope whatever mildness bugg£rs off pronto and allows the cold back in sooner than later. Looking good for more snow by Thursday evening though

Friday's looking good for our area, Monday as well! Could be some surprises in between as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Snow practically gone now, turned to rain. Next week looks like it might be a bit nippy though, best get the de-icer and scrapers ready in the car!