Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Some wee bawbag just threw a snowball off my front window... Obviously didn't realise I was standing at the other window so he got an earful, lol.

A covering of powder snow here. Things looking a bit better now and snow showers becoming more frequent.

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

On closer inspection the precip over (roughly) Argyll and the north of the Firth of Clyde does look as if it's organising itself into something. Still plenty of time for me to be eating humble pie and a lot of peeps to be getting snow on, and to the south of, the Clyde-Forth isthmus.

South of may be pushing it I feel, but honestly for Edinburgh this is already meeting my (admittedly tiny) expectations with showers even just getting through here.

The rush hour bit did look suspect to me, not that many runs had anything substantial for the central belt until after 7.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Aye pretty much Rab, just over 18cm here now. Had an absolute pasting in the last hour, blizzard conditions and drifts appearing. Wouldn't be surprised with local road closures come morning

Certainly was a good spell of snow just gone! Could be some great interest in about an hour or two for us, those very intense showers developing to the South of Barra and heading just south of Skye / north of Colonsay etc are heading straight towards us.

A lovely spell of snow for the Highlands before the potentially frigid northerly later this week and into next week.

• Like 1

Posted

Snow back on now and the radar looking more interesting. The dusting from earlier this evening melted so the surfaces are quite damp and my only concern is that the snow could initially struggle to settle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

About 4 inches lying on the level here and still whumphing us. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yep think its the late late show.Snow just hitting Glasgow should be in central by 9pm then east about 10pm!

• Like 1

Posted

Getting a good blasting here now, went out about 20 mins ago for a walk, had already been on about 1/2 an hour or more and now the sky is totally orange and still coming down good. Goin back out for a look.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Not seen much here since early afternoon but no complaints...a very powdery 6cm that forms good snowballs and an excellent sledging base....kids had a ball so my wish I would be happy with a few cm came true and couldn't be happier...happy as Larry

I'm not looking at radars just have the curtains fully open lights off inside and a perfect lampie viewing angle....who knows what we will see but gonna be gutted when the rain washes it away...kids were desperate to get out tomorrow after work

• Like 2

Posted

Snow showing 5 miles east of Glasgow!

South of may be pushing it I feel, but honestly for Edinburgh this is already meeting my (admittedly tiny) expectations with showers even just getting through here.

The rush hour bit did look suspect to me, not that many runs had anything substantial for the central belt until after 7.

There is some precip going to the south...perhaps not much though :)

Posted

It's coming down quite well not hard but getting wind blown (could last a while though)

Edited by NUT

Posted

Bishopton traffic can is white out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just short of an inch here I would say but that is an all day accumulation.   Not had any melt though and the snow is of the very dry type.   Noticed that it alternates between almost like talcum powder to large flakes.   I think, looking at the radar, that things should get going a bit later on as it does look a bit more organised.  

Going by the 12z runs, I don't think we should be gutted if tonight doesn't produce as things are certainly looking wintry for a while now, once we get the wind on wed/thurs out of the way?

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

Certainly was a good spell of snow just gone! Could be some great interest in about an hour or two for us, those very intense showers developing to the South of Barra and heading just south of Skye / north of Colonsay etc are heading straight towards us.

A lovely spell of snow for the Highlands before the potentially frigid northerly later this week and into next week.

It's great, might sack work and head up cairngorm tomorrow with my board. Though getting there might be a problem at this rate, still stacking up, heavy snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Earlier snow showerpost-863-0-32459400-1421180705_thumb.jpg eek you need to live in Australia to see it though! On phone oops!

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 1