Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Highland Park tonight. Looks like it will be studded tyres in future council tax been frozen for a while now.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Very frosty here still, occasional cloud making its way in so hopefully the precipitation makes it over Fannich / An Teallach etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Am no a hearty highlander HC I'm afraid baileys is my Xmas tipple of choice....I do take it neat though :) causes no hangovers either which with 4 kids is a right Brucie bonus

Posted

Am no a hearty highlander HC I'm afraid baileys is my Xmas tipple of choice....I do take it neat though :) causes no hangovers either which with 4 kids is a right Brucie bonus

Lol yer not drinking enough if no hangover.  However with 4 small kids :crazy::ninja::help: :help: :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

As a fellow highlander I can corroborate what HC is saying. Though my 90 year old granny can certainly put your baileys hangover theory to rest, you should see her on the stuff!

Posted

Not as frosty as yesterday as temp only briefly dipped below freezing overnight. Radar suggests that we've zero hope of seeing a snow shower.

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Morning - cold, frosty, dark (although I'm seeing stars... presumably that's not the drink!!!). :w00t:

Impression I am  getting is that ultimately in my area we'll be seeing as much snow this winter as we did last... which was zilch! 

Weather synoptics appear to be different to last year, so it may prove me wrong, but no snow here last winter & so far nothing lying this - which is fine for the adult in me, but disappointing for the kid in me!!! 

Posted

With the benefit of hindsight it's looking like another failed warning from the Met for the majority.

Edit: Just noticed the warning is still in place. Rather than being removed it was updated at 8am. Maybe somewhere might see something after all?

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Morning weather watchers.

Was slightly frosty and misty when I got up earlier.

A few flakes of the white stuff falling now!!!

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

With the benefit of hindsight it's looking like another failed warning from the Met for the majority.

Edit: Just noticed the warning is still in place. Rather than being removed it was updated at 8am. Maybe somewhere might see something after all?

It's been an odd one right enough, but it looks like it's been delayed rather than failing altogether - a band seems to have grown out of almost nothing around the M90.
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow surprise a shower just made it through....pity not more ppn about seeing how quickly it stuck to the ground

Edited by edodfc

Posted

Morning all,

Frosty start, actually colder here than yesterday morning at -1.5c. Not expecting any snow here of course though it would be nice to see some falling snow, even just a flake or two, to remind me what it looks like! ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

It's been an odd one right enough, but it looks like it's been delayed rather than failing altogether - a band seems to have grown out of almost nothing around the M90.

Hi LS

Still falling snow at the moment,very lightly!

Sky to the west(Stirling direction) looking dark enough to be carrying something.

Big Innes

Posted

Wow just checked the radar have never seen anything like that when showers just appear inland from nowhere

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Its been snowing lightly here now for about 25 mins. Settling and everything white, but just a dusting really. Just stopping now. The kids were so excited watching it fall (me too obvs!). Not sure where that came from or if anymore could magically appear? 

Edited by over_the_rainbow
  • Like 6

Posted

Drizabone here too but cameras at Slochd show the A9 looking a bit iffy so I'm following best practice and delaying travelling. Will get out later tho :w00t:

Posted

Had sleet/rain earlier on as ground glazed with ice .Very slippery out there. Currently dry, broken cloud, very little wind and 0c

• Like 2

Posted

Frosty overnight (I like to think it frosted last night!) and still some remaining on car rooftops. That's about the 3rd or 4th frost this Winter - that I've seen anyway. Much better than last year - 1 frost would have been better than last year :)

Watching the rain radar the showers moving in seem to dissipate when they reach land - why does it do that? Snow shield right :) but what's the real reason?

Edited by grifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Some streamers coming inland visible on satellite, not enough 'ooomph' essentially is why they die out, either that or the orographics, or earlier delivery of whatever they carried.

post-7292-0-13640200-1419674574_thumb.jp post-7292-0-78104800-1419674572_thumb.jp

Image of the low from this morning which will serve to give the Alps a much needed pasting.

post-7292-0-84170800-1419674571_thumb.jppost-7292-0-25728700-1419674575_thumb.gi

Our RGB airmass image keeping us in the cold.

post-7292-0-63208200-1419674569_thumb.jp

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

After all those chances of snow. Not a drop fell from the sky. The models have been mega out this week. Still showing heavy snow in the central belt! Its been a frustrating December much like previous ones recently. With high pressure next week I think we are looking at January now for any snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

You wait all night for the group of showers out in the Atlantic to reach you only to dissapear as they reach near you (thankfully I did not stay up), then just a few minutes ago a shower grows out of nowhere and its..... yip of rain! If I strained my eyes enough I might have seen a wee bit of sleet but it was mostly cold rain, this despite there still being frost on the ground. I think it's time for me to give up haha. Rob, Coatbridge.

Posted

We had little bits of very small snow grains falling in the last half hour from partly-cloudy skies & calm winds. Nothing that screams heavy snow shower though. I wonder whether northerly winds are a dying feature of our weather, other than topplers. I seems to recall from my childhood days of northerlies bringing plenty of snow, but the weather patterns seem far too mobile for any N'ly to last these days. Or is my mind playing tricks.