Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

2 issues this evening - temp is too high (5c at Edinburgh Airport) and lack of showers. Hopefully both change at some point to give a shot at something.

That's unusual, just 1.4c here in Crail and you'd normally expect those temperature values to be the other way round!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

2 issues this evening - temp is too high (5c at Edinburgh Airport) and lack of showers. Hopefully both change at some point to give a shot at something.

Incredible temperature difference between Fife and Edinburgh at the moment - just a touch under 3C here and even colder at the coast for once, with 1C at Leuchars. Could well be a bit of a split in conditions between the central belt and areas just north/south of it, probably because winds have died down a bit more here than for Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Incredible temperature difference between Fife and Edinburgh at the moment - just a touch under 3C here and even colder at the coast for once, with 1C at Leuchars. Could well be a bit of a split in conditions between the central belt and areas just north/south of it, probably because winds have died down a bit more here than for Edinburgh and Glasgow.

2.8ºC here which is warmer than it's been for a wee while.

Posted

A lightning strike has taken out our power since early this afternoon.

Just seems to be our estate.

Still no snow though. More to the point no lamp post to watch!

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A couple of thunder claps around 5.30 AM here also. A couple of cms wet snow lying this morning in N W Dundee but melted. Shower later in the afternoon also sleety snow but only left a little slush on the windscreen. Winds a bit disappointing at the house but I

am told the Tay bridge closed completely for a short time this afternoon. That usually means 80mph+.

Posted

Surfaces more or less dry apart from standing water in drains (that council never clear of leaves!) fairly dry but still windy and cold last few hours, although long rumble of thunder ten minutes ago and broken up shower passed through providing a bit of hail but nothing much really - blink and you'd of missed it. 

Posted

You won't believe this. Storm number 5 i've counted today. Lordy! (Well 5th rumble of thunder) this is eerie!

Posted

Seeing as the temp is still way too high and it's only sleet outside I thought I'd cheer myself up with this level snow depth pic from Dec 2010 :-)

post-19099-0-42540900-1418241238_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Let there be light!

Power restored. Now the lamp posts are back on there is nothing to watch. Can't beat central heating though.

Edit: just went back off!

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 1

Posted

It snowed here for a few minutes and started to lay at 7pm. It's all gone now but first of the winter here.

Must've missed that one, it did look quite "orange" down towards greenock earlier but seemed to break up as it got to the port.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Precipitation seems to be drying up behind the band moving across the highlands....might leave the radar for a few hours then optimistically click on in the hope of a pep up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Hubby to be is in Ballater, took this pic a while ago but says there is now roughly 3" at his lodge.

Temperatures have dropped quite markedly in the last hour or two in the Highlands down to around 0C. With pressure dropping from the north and colder uppers moving in again (temperatures at Aonach Mor and Cairngorm are both down below -6C) that *should* lead to a temperature drop, and showers to start aligning themselves a bit further south once more:

14121100_1012.gif

14121100_1012.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Temperatures have dropped quite markedly in the last hour or two in the Highlands down to around 0C. With pressure dropping from the north and colder uppers moving in again (temperatures at Aonach Mor and Cairngorm are both down below -6C) that *should* lead to a temperature drop, and showers to start aligning themselves a bit further south once more:14121100_1012.gif

14121100_1012.gif

Yeah, he said he would have taken more if it wasn't so cold outside. Won't use his exact words lol

Posted

Seeing as the temp is still way too high and it's only sleet outside I thought I'd cheer myself up with this level snow depth pic from Dec 2010 :-)

Would love another easterly like that this winter.

My avatar picture was taken during that cold spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

After 5 hours at 3c have now reached 2.5c .... Hopefully start to tumble but still a bit cloudy I fear delaying the drop

I'm looking forward to next winter, we'll hopefully have moved back up to decent altitude which could mean pics like this:

post-2844-0-64264200-1418246490_thumb.jp

If I get snow like that in my garden this winter I'll eat my hat. Literally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

2.3 C here and another wintry shower rattling in.

Mainly snaw, but still not really lying.