Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Ok, LSS needs to gives us some positives on this sort of pants.

t850Midlothian.png

Well it may not look great but it is on a downwards trend, at least until the spread increases around the 20th. After that it looks like just about anything is possible.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

They may take oor economic and fiscal levers, but they'll never take...oor regional thread!

Ahh its guid tae be back hame eh SS

Big Innes

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Ok, LSS needs to gives us some positives on this sort of pants.

t850Midlothian.png

Mmm!  OK all the talk at the moment seems to be about how the background signals are looking good for something akin to a winter in these parts and we all hope that this can come to fruition :cold:  :cold:  :cold:   

However, I think after the debacle last winter we need to take more notice of what's happening over the pond?

Even at this early stage in November some parts of the USA are having cauld n' snaw and as we are always downstream of them, we know that this can have a major impact on what happens here. :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Sure lets be looking at the OPI, SAI etc,etc, but as always it is far easier for the yanks to predict and get their actual weather correct, so let us keep an eye on the USA and factor this in to that what we are likely to receive amen :oops:   

Big still aching fae last year Innes 

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

Posted

Just as well we have LS to keep our spirits up. Grey, breezy but dry here so far his morning. 10.8mm of rain in Kemnay yesterday so not that awful. Temp was 10.something (I wasn't paying that much attention). In fact a quick check of the weather station data for Dyce show that in the last 2 days it hit a min of 9.2C and a max of 11.5C on a depressingly flat temperature graph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just as well we have LS to keep our spirits up. Grey, breezy but dry here so far his morning. 10.8mm of rain in Kemnay yesterday so not that awful. Temp was 10.something (I wasn't paying that much attention). In fact a quick check of the weather station data for Dyce show that in the last 2 days it hit a min of 9.2C and a max of 11.5C on a depressingly flat temperature graph.

Slight improvement.

'Getting maybe a bit cooler. Possibly a wee bit nippy at times. Grey as Aberdeen granite'.

t850Midlothian.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

10C the high today. Love how it started pouring when I finished supported study at school, typical if you ask me :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Quite a lot of spikes being shown on the ensemble, a few extremes but definitely one to watch.

post-21143-0-18006700-1415898425_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Jeezo it is hoorava blowie out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Is it just me or is the model thread already clutching at straws in the search for cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Is it just me or is the model thread already clutching at straws in the search for cold?

yes and it's not even winter!

Have there been any "Winter's Over" posts yet? It's never too early for winter to be over :D

Posted

Have there been any "Winter's Over" posts yet? It's never too early for winter to be over :D

Of course there have! As someone over there said, it's akin to writing off the whole summer in early May. oh, and if I see 'gut feeling' posted one more time I'm going to scream.

Well we continue the theme from the last few days here this morning. It's cloudy, windy and mild, but not quite raining again, not yet anyway. That's now 3 days where the weather station at Dyce has recorded a temperature that hasn't strayed out of the range of 9-11C day or night.

It's not looking like a weekend to be outside around here and I hope the kids football is called off tomorrow as it'll be nothing but a mud bath if it isn't.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Ah Yes, time for straw clutching and sacrificing your children to the Great God Snow! Really mild up here again, with a wee breeze flung in to keep the cobwebs at bay. 14.5c outside, and the same inside! I look forward to further hysteria from the reds tops over the next few weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Phew rain is gone! My chooks are gonna need wellies if this weather keeps up. Still much patience on warmings, waves and weather before we have any clue what forthcoming week or two will bring.

Loving the Ontario pic if only to drool over lol

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

It was blowing a hoolie all day today, and quite a bit of rain too. Temp was around the 10C mark yesterday and today but dropped this evening to 5C. Hoping tomorrow might be drier and brighter! Im not braving the model thread tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Its OK OTR all quiet on the western front...everything a little further west and lots of building blocks in place but low confidence in volatile models would appear to be the common themes....on balance I would say I almost hope for the current theme to continue with no serious cold in November with the pieces falling into place for a mid December serious start to winter....that would tie in with being very festive and give some of the tasty looking LRFs a real chance of happening..but won't stop me getting excited at first prospect of a november snowflake.

• Like 2

I've only flicked through the ECM this morning, we're a long way from cold.

This could be good though as it would satisfy the BWI (Blizten's Winter Indicator) which quite clearly states that any snow in the first three weeks of November is very wrong :D

Posted

Cool start today at 2c with ground frost after  a very wet evening yesterday. Muck spread and ploughed in  this last week ready for the winter frost to heal the damage done by the harvest machinery tracks after "Bertha"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice foggy start here, chilly, low sun, atmosphere completely still. Fine Autumn Day.

Thought I would grab this image from Cloud 10 post in Model Thread, hidden among the ensembles at a ridiculous range so, but very easy on the eye. 

Beast of a Northerly and most of the cold pool on our side of the Hemisphere - got to love GFS low res output for throwing up everyone's hopes and dreams -Haha !

post-7292-0-57129000-1416043261_thumb.pn

• Like 4