Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Snow cover lasted till 2PM despite all the sunshine, now pouring down and blowing a hooley. Falling and lying snow, unbroken sun, torrential rain and gales- we have had more weather in the last 24 hours than the previous 4 months.

• Like 1

Posted

Hard to say but the low seems to have parked itself NW of Ireland ? looks a bit further south then forecast ? Temp still going up here 11.0c. Squall should be arriving 5-10 min. 

Posted

Squall arrived, heavy rain, wind no more than 30 mph so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hard to say but the low seems to have parked itself NW of Ireland ? looks a bit further south then forecast ? Temp still going up here 11.0c. Squall should be arriving 5-10 min. 

Squall arrived, heavy rain, wind no more than 30 mph so far. 

Tomorrow's wind further south than predicted maybe? I'm staying up for the squall line, but if it's only rain and isn't wind-or-other-interesting-weather-feature-based, then I may just call it a night

Edited by daveinleices

Posted

Tomorrow's wind further south than predicted maybe? I'm staying up for the squall line, but if it's only rain and isn't wind-or-other-interesting-weather-feature-based, then I may just call it a night

Well it's gone through and nothing exceptional here. 32 mph gust and some heavy rain for about 15 min, will have to see what happens later today  :) Will be interested to see if the low has tracked differently to forecast ? and if that alters things. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Looking at the radar track it looks to be dissipating just in time to "hit" leicester haha, typical! Bedtime!

Posted

Some great short term upgrades this morning on the GFS, going for a feature similar to Tuesday to sweep across tomorrow afternoon with similar upper's then another feature early hours of Saturday with surfaces temps sub zero.

No point fretting over Monday/Tuesday's low from run to run yet as they always shift 100 miles south/west last minute anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Some great short term upgrades this morning on the GFS, going for a feature similar to Tuesday to sweep across tomorrow afternoon with similar upper's then another feature early hours of Saturday with surfaces temps sub zero.

No point fretting over Monday/Tuesday's low from run to run yet as they always shift 100 miles south/west last minute anyway.

Cant see them bringing much met has a bit of light snow thats it for saturday other days dry as a bone. And long term its downgraded big time again as always. Lets hope it goes back to last nites scenario

Posted

Cant see them bringing much met has a bit of light snow thats it for saturday other days dry as a bone. And long term its downgraded big time again as always. Lets hope it goes back to last nites scenario

Don't worry, you can't call snow 3 hours away, let alone 3 days, it will not be bone dry.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't worry, you can't call snow 3 hours away, let alone 3 days, it will not be bone dry.

Very true its the mod thread its giving me a mental breakdown. Its addictive stuff though lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

They get to up tight in there! Always looking for cold and as soon as it arrives loking for a breakdown!

The fact is we are heading into an interesting spell which will beat the whole of last year put together!

• Like 1

Posted

They get to up tight in there! Always looking for cold and as soon as it arrives loking for a breakdown!

The fact is we are heading into an interesting spell which will beat the whole of last year put together!

Yh i post in there occasionally with my limited knowledge. But on a bright side IF latest update short term is a beauty I quote perhaps significant snow midlands north mon into tues. But i do feel sorry for my sister who is in illminster somerset and hasn't seen a snowflake for two years.

Posted

Storm did not amount to much here, with a max gust in the 48mph range. 

Meanwhile the temp has plummeted since the skies cleared and is now just 0.4C. I can see the car taking on that "I'm just about to ice up" look.

Posted

Lots of wind overnight, a few overturned wheelie bins on the way to work this morning.  Very mild overnight, reaching the dizzying heights of 9.1C.  Down to 4.6C now and the wind seems to have subsided.  2.8mm overnight rain.

Posted

Met cold weather alert issued at 9am today.....

Think ive jinxed the weather, went and bought new snow shovel, deicer and ice scraper yesterday.... Was 9c at midnight now 2c dew 0c

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Showers are sleety here. Cold and blustery. Neither me nor the dog looking forward to the morning walk - will have to get the waterproofs on!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

An interesting week or two coming up  :D

Feels bitter already here a strong S/W wind gusting 32mph.

Temp 4.1c

Dp 1.8c

WH -0.3c 

Tomorrow we see much colder air sink S/E over the Midlands which heralds the start of the up-coming cold spell. Snow Frosts and sub-zero temps here we come  :cold:  :yahoo:

51-574UK.GIF?15-6nmmuk-16-36-0.png?15-06

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

An interesting week or two coming up  :D

Feels bitter already here a strong S/W wind gusting 32mph.

Temp 4.1c

Dp 1.8c

WH -0.3c 

Tomorrow we see much colder air sink S/E over the Midlands which heralds the start of the up-coming cold spell. Snow Frosts and sub-zero temps here we come  :cold:  :yahoo:

51-574UK.GIF?15-6nmmuk-16-36-0.png?15-06

A bit of Saturday morning snow would be just fab.....fingers crossed :)

Posted

Hey look whats turned up on the 6z maybe a chance even tonite midlanders have been lucky so far long may it continue

post-18133-0-73395000-1421319799_thumb.p

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 2

Posted

Even now 10 miles west of shrewsbury it's trying g to snow in these showers. Temp was over 4c now down to 2.6c. Showers Defo getting more snow. Hills will be getting a covering no doubt

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

And so it begins..... the Cold and snow are coming... looks like chances aplenty coming up over the next 7-10 days... the chair is positioned by the window looking out toward the lamp post...

• Like 2

Posted

Better not snow before Saturday ....east Midlands derby and the sacking of psycho after that snow..snow...snow

Its not often I prey for snow to get a football match called off, sadly i can't see us being that lucky :D