IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A light covering here in Evesham ,on grass, cars etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Nice and white here still roads still pretty bad cars are being very cautious. All be gone soon storm incoming and it looks a beast. Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We've got around 3 cms in the back garden and on the Hill, less on the road where the first lot of snow melted. Two pics, one is the view from my back yard, the second is the view due west towards Wales, think you can just about make out clouds in the distance.

2014_01_14_snow2_zps69ba4789.jpg

2014_01_14_snow_west_zps65ad698f.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Seventh morning with snow on the ground, only 1cm but still covering everything....

-3c dew -4c.....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys,

We managed 1 cm general covering here in Solihull. It has remained all night on grass and roofs.

The roads are now just about clear.

Temperature is 0.1C with a dew point of -2.1C. Winds are brisk.

I do not know, but has anyone on here commented on this unusual situation.

It my experience I have only known one other comparable event to this event for the Midlands. This is fairly unique when we get snow falling from a straight south-westerly. I seem to remember that it happened before in the 70's.

Lets hope its a forerunner for next week.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Well we had some snow - but only enough to leave a slight dusting on cars.   But thats the 22 month drought broken!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A thin snow cover here ( 0.5 cm ) after showers late yesterday evening.

All eyes on tonight and tomorrow to see just how windy it gets. I'll be surprised if it's stronger than last Friday and Saturday but there's always the possibility in a situation like  this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hi guys,We managed 1 cm general covering here in Solihull. It has remained all night on grass and roofs.The roads are now just about clear.Temperature is 0.1C with a dew point of -2.1C. Winds are brisk.I do not know, but has anyone on here commented on this unusual situation.It my experience I have only known one other comparable event to this event for the Midlands. This is fairly unique when we get snow falling from a straight south-westerly. I seem to remember that it happened before in the 70's.Lets hope its a forerunner for next week.MIA

And yet practically nothing in Knowle, maybe just a slightly frosty look to the lawns and cars.

How is that even possible....?

Sigh.

Posted

No extra snow overnight (since last post at midnight), everything seems to have frozen making the side roads very icy.  Overnight low of -0.4C, now at 0.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

And yet practically nothing in Knowle, maybe just a slightly frosty look to the lawns and cars.

How is that even possible....?

Sigh.

Fizz,

This might upset DWW and Bish, but I think it is height dependent. (Yes even 10 meters)

I used to go through Knowle on the way to work each morning and FREQUENTLY I would have some laying snow at home, but Knowle had less or even none on occasions.

We here have less than places like Harborne, where the land is gradually dropping from the Lickey Hills. I am on the Shirley side and it tends to get heavier up towards Moseley as well.

Thats all I can think of. But it does seem to be a consistent pattern.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

No snow here (well obviously, it's Leicester :p) . It's incredibly icey though. The work car park is literally an ice rink. You could ice skate on it !

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Ian F has just posted some good info in the MOD seems the met office are sniffing around some very good stuff for us coldies.....

• Like 1

Posted

Is it a possible that more snow this evening before rain or will it warm up too quick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Fizz,This might upset DWW and Bish, but I think it is height dependent. (Yes even 10 meters)I used to go through Knowle on the way to work each morning and FREQUENTLY I would have some laying snow at home, but Knowle had less or even none on occasions.We here have less than places like Harborne, where the land is gradually dropping from the Lickey Hills. I am on the Shirley side and it tends to get heavier up towards Moseley as well.Thats all I can think of. But it does seem to be a consistent pattern.MIA

I'm at 150m but only got a slight covering, think most of the action was slightly further north of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Fizz,This might upset DWW and Bish, but I think it is height dependent. (Yes even 10 meters)I used to go through Knowle on the way to work each morning and FREQUENTLY I would have some laying snow at home, but Knowle had less or even none on occasions.We here have less than places like Harborne, where the land is gradually dropping from the Lickey Hills. I am on the Shirley side and it tends to get heavier up towards Moseley as well.Thats all I can think of. But it does seem to be a consistent pattern.MIA

That's it! I'm putting my house on stilts!

:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

will be very interesting to see the met office update today......I still dare not say anything to anybody in my house tho until t24....

Posted

Just a sugar dusting of snow in Knowle. And yet we had plenty of 'direct hits' re the showery activity last night.

Still, something is better than nothing!

As usual nothing here :-(

Good to have you back on here, Ian :)

Bish

• Like 1