Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

At 7am it started very mild, with strong gusty winds this morning, 13.6c. The Temperatures are going to drop by over ten degrees over the day.

Come 7pm around 1c to 2c and with that strong N/W wind it's going to feel :cold: :cold: :cold: Later.

Temperatures dropping fast now.....Currently 7.8c

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very windy morning here so far, Gusting 57mph W/N/W. Avg Speed 24mph.

Temp 6.1c

Posted

Fffffreezing in the wind .. Very raw just took the little fella a walk to the shops , wish I had my gloves on

Posted

Incredibly windy last night, especially in the early hours. All sorts of things blown over in the back garden.

Big drop in temperatures currently taking place, it was an astonishing 13.7°C here at half past four this morning whereas now it has already dropped to 7.3°C

Bish

Posted

Well there does seem to be a few showers about in the Peak District area. A few isolated ones over Wales but nothing to get excited about. Some forecasts maintain a low chance for sleet/snow showers here this evening. I would imagine them to be very isolated if any did get into this region.

Been a beautiful day today....icy wind though. We have a lucher and he found his running about at the common more tiring than usual. He must have really felt it!

Posted

Fingers crossed....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

First reaction to your post was 'Oh no, not another promising chart from way off in the future that'll never happen'.

Then I clicked on it and saw the date.

Hmmmm...although these snow prediction charts have been known to throw in false hope at very close time scales, much closer than that one.

There seems to be some kind of chance there though doesn't there?

Posted

We have a sleet symbol in the MetO Ludlow area forecast for next Wednesday, so you guys higher up and further north might be in with a shout for the white stuff.

Currently 2.8C here, a real contrast to this morning's 12.4C.

Edit: we now have a snow symbol for Wednesday! I think that's the second one this winter.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

First reaction to your post was 'Oh no, not another promising chart from way off in the future that'll never happen'.

Then I clicked on it and saw the date.

Hmmmm...although these snow prediction charts have been known to throw in false hope at very close time scales, much closer than that one.

There seems to be some kind of chance there though doesn't there?

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers rather than holding my breath, for safety reasons! Lol

I think even if it delivered, it wouldn't stay long, but it would be nice to see a covering. However, with snow being as unpredictable as it is, I'll believe it when I see it, and in the meantime be cheerful in the expectation!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

IM SURE I JUST SAW SNOW FLAKES.....Anybody else??

It was soft hail here but we were on the edge of the shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is this the reward for cold temperatures? A few measly drizzle/light sleety showers? No thanks Ill have my 16c from last night back please! Must say it was quite warm sleeping last night and quite humid. 

• Like 1

Posted

Wednesday even better. MetO now giving Ludlow 2snowflake periods and 2sleet periods. C'mon snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anything wintry out of these showers crossing through Birmingham at the moment? Wasn't expecting them to get this far inland.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Anything wintry out of these showers crossing through Birmingham at the moment? Wasn't expecting them to get this far inland.

Radar indicating sleet over the Lickeys

Posted

Radar indicating sleet over the Lickeys

I'm on duty tonight so it's a bit of a nightmare! Probably mostly rain with a bit of sleet for lower levels.

Posted

Sleet & Snow showers floating about

post-19153-0-31464500-1420930882_thumb.j

Posted

Haven't spotted anything falling at all to be honest.

Edited by Gord

Posted

I'm on duty tonight so it's a bit of a nightmare! Probably mostly rain with a bit of sleet for lower levels.

Good luck, the showers have all been of hail here in Wales this evening.

Posted

Sleet & Snow showers floating about

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The precip type radars are based solely off model data, not always representative of the actual conditions. The traffic cams generally suggest rain, although it's hard to tell.

Posted

Is this the reward for cold temperatures? A few measly drizzle/light sleety showers? No thanks Ill have my 16c from last night back please! Must say it was quite warm sleeping last night and quite humid. 

I know you're off back to Cornwall this weekend hence why you think your winter is over. I'm sure though it's not a complete lost cause though is it? Cornwall can get it's snow events? When was the last time the tip of Cornwall saw lying snow?

Have to say I am quite jealous of the Springs and Summers down there. Added on to the fact it looks like a stunning part of the country. Must get on the Night Riveria from Paddington one evening and check it out!

Our reward is seeing less of your trolling. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Our reward is seeing less of your trolling. :D

Just personal preference Eugene. Other opinions exist other than your own. I'm all for snow but not this inbetween mush which no one really wins.

I know you're off back to Cornwall this weekend hence why you think your winter is over. I'm sure though it's not a complete lost cause though is it? Cornwall can get it's snow events? When was the last time the tip of Cornwall saw lying snow?

Have to say I am quite jealous of the Springs and Summers down there. Added on to the fact it looks like a stunning part of the country. Must get on the Night Riveria from Paddington one evening and check it out!

Some falling snow a couple of years back which is really quite rare. Last lying snow on the Lizard was in the late 1980s im told!!!!

But absolutely its a stunning part of the world and those first spring like days are the best. A sense of reawakening and new lease of life in everything. Not too long now. :)

• Like 3