Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

DWWW and Bish

Yep steady rain around here (and dull)

However temp is falling currently 2.7C and dewpoint is 01C so still might see a flake before it finishes.

Bjut it looks like the other side of Brum have stolen it this time.

MIA

Does that extra W stand for..... "Wishing" :smiliz19: the radar looks like i'll be wishing into 2015, Oh well!....it was nice to see it falling yesterday anyway! so here's to 2015 :drunk:

Posted

I love your optimism but aren't winds turning northerly?

Might be ok until around 1-3am  then they slacken off to next to nothing, sooooo....fingers crossed ay? :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All models expect that trough to be nothing by the time it reaches the Midlands. Just like every other weather system really. :(

• Like 1

Posted

All models expect that trough to be nothing by the time it reaches the Midlands. Just like every other weather system really. :(

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to happen! Things went slightly off plan yesterday remember!

• Like 3

Posted

Well, maybe the gods will smile upon us this time, instead of peeing on us from a great height.

Must be hilarious watching all the failed snow events in the dead zone (central Midlands = no weather as such)

Posted

Well, maybe the gods will smile upon us this time, instead of peeing on us from a great height.

Must be hilarious watching all the failed snow events in the dead zone (central Midlands = no weather as such)

Even yellow snow would do ATM....lol!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is all dying out. Still waiting for our first flakes here!

• Like 2

Posted

No weather to report for the next 2 weeks at least bar a few frosts so i'll see you all in Mid January if the charts are better.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still dregs of snow about, 0.3C now, cold lasting until around new years day, then our usual weather wind and rain lasting through whole of Jan, are we not due a decent Feb? the last decent Feb here was '09

Posted

still dregs of snow about, 0.3C now, cold lasting until around new years day, then our usual weather wind and rain lasting through whole of Jan, are we not due a decent Feb? the last decent Feb here was '09

The first ten days or so of February 2012 were very cold, and gave most of us at least one good dumping of snow.

The rest of the month was gash though.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The first ten days or so of February 2012 were very cold, and gave most of us at least one good dumping of snow.

The rest of the month was gash though.

Bish

0h yeah the 4th, but that was it, snow the thursday after that completely missed here, maybe that's why i class the last real decent Feb as '09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

The Snow didn't come to me so I found the snow!

Darwin Forest near Matlock. Bit of a trek across the hill but worth it just to see the excitement of my 10 year old :)post-22999-0-90926200-1419705416_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted

Darwin Forest near Matlock. Bit of a trek across the hill but worth it just to see the excitement of my 10 year old :)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You had a trip up to Matlock.... Fair play... :good: great pic, i bet it wasn't just your 10 year old that was excited  :yahoo:  come on you can be honest, we are just as mad on here about the white stuff!!!! :smiliz19: .

• Like 1

Posted

You had a trip up to Matlock.... Fair play... :good: great pic, i bet it wasn't just your 10 year old that was excited  :yahoo:  come on you can be honest, we are just as mad on here about the white stuff!!!! :smiliz19: .

I admit I also had a big smile plastered all over my face... Looked a bit like this :)

• Like 1

Posted

Darwin Forest near Matlock. Bit of a trek across the hill but worth it just to see the excitement of my 10 year old :)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Glad you enjoyed snow, some more incoming on radar at moment, temps -1.0, dp -3.0, so if the ppn makes it here should a good shower.

• Like 1

Posted

Glad you enjoyed snow, some more incoming on radar at moment, temps -1.0, dp -3.0, so if the ppn makes it here should a good shower.

Hope so...now we are here safe (went up past the golf course and then cut across just past Jaggers Lane) with food in the fridge and heating on there can never be too much snow :)post-22999-0-06890000-1419708744_thumb.jpost-22999-0-05922100-1419708793_thumb.j

Edited by Snowsie
  • Like 3

Posted

post-2248-0-56710500-1419708831_thumb.jpI drove along but turned around about half a mile from Jaggers, road was very icy, just went up for a quick look.

mind you in 2013 the road was impassable, drifts from wall to wall 4 to 8 feet deep.

• Like 3

Posted

The snow showers are looking more interesting than they have been all day for us if they were to maintain strength and direction... main word being IF

Posted

attachicon.gifP1050243.JPGI drove along but turned around about half a mile from Jaggers, road was very icy, just went up for a quick look.

mind you in 2013 the road was impassable, drifts from wall to wall 4 to 8 feet deep.

Amazing views! Was really worried we would get stuck but other half was driving so I just closed my eyes at the scary bits. Luckily we were in his 4WD and not my mini lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

I have to say I couldn't contain my excitement last night, running about like a two year old & this morning, wow loved it. Popped out in the car to drive further into Derbyshire, lots of cars turning back but we kept going! Parked up & had a couple of hours walk, looking at all the animal tracks from last night & guessing the nights story from the prints. Got a pocket full of chocolate & just enjoyed the white sparkly beauty of it all.

• Like 4