Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Still got more than half cover, though its very wet and wont be around much longer if these rain showers keep piling in. A close call, but 2014 is out of thee no lying snow club.

Snow in shrewsbury you do surprise me,none on low ground around here,only go a few yards down the hill from here its green.

Had a heavy sleet turned to snow shower earlier which didn`t stick.

Temp is 2.7c

• Like 1

Posted

Suns out now , looks dark to my west over Dudley sedgley way wouldn't be surprised if they're having a wintry spell over there.

Edit

Stil have partial snow cover on grass cars still covered

Edited by nobble

Posted

Suns out now , looks dark to my west over Dudley sedgley way wouldn't be surprised if they're having a wintry spell over there.

Edit

Stil have partial snow cover on grass cars still covered

No we're not. It's just gloomy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Even the showers are failing to reach here. BRING BACK SUMMER!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Well i've cleared the drive, That as much as i can do with-in means.. 

Clear.

Temp 0.8c

Dp -0.6c

Wind Chill N/N/E 4mph 0.8c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Thought I'd re-write a certain Christmas Band Aid song, which sums up the mood on this forum. 

Sung by the 'haves' to the 'have-nots' :-D

#"It's snowfest time, there's some need to be afraid, at snowfest time, everything turns white and we banish rain.

But in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy, throw your arms around Britain, at snowfest time.#

#But say a prayer, pray for the other ones, at Snowfest time, it's hard but when you're having fun, there's a world out side their window, and it's a world of dread and fear, where the only snowflakes falling, just melt and disappear#

And the GFS and Metcheck, are just harbingers of doom, WELL THANK GOD TONIGHT IT'S THEM INSTEAD OF YOU!#

#And there won't be snow in Birmingham this snowfest time, the greatest gift they'll get this time ice..oooh ooh oooh.

Where nothing ever snows, no flakes or blizzards blow, DO THEY KNOW IT'S SNOWFEST TIME AT ALL?"#

#Here's to you , throw snowballs at everyone, here's to them, underneath that mild sector, DO THEY KNOW IT'S SNOWFEST TIME AT ALL?#

#Freeze the world, let them know it's snowfest time and.....

Freeze the world, let them know it's snowfest time and .....#

etc

(ahh that's out of my system now :-D)

Edited by cyclonic happiness
  • Like 8

Posted

Thought I'd re-write a certain Christmas Band Aid song, which sums up the mood on this forum. 

#"It's snowfest time, there's some need to be afraid, at snowfest time, everything turns white and we banish rain.

But in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy, throw your arms around Britain, at snowfest time.#

#But say a prayer, pray for the other ones, at Snowfest time, it's hard but when you're having fun, there's a world out side their window, and it's a world of dread and fear, where the only snowflakes falling, just melt and disappear#

And the GFS and Metcheck, are just harbingers of doom, WELL THANK GOD TONIGHT IT'S THEM INSTEAD OF YOU!#

#And there won't be snow in Birmingham this snowfest time, the greatest gift they'll get this time ice..oooh ooh oooh.

Where nothing ever snows, no flakes or blizzards blow, DO THEY KNOW IT'S SNOWFEST TIME AT ALL?"#

#Here's to you , throw snowballs at everyone, here's to them, underneath that mild sector, DO THEY KNOW IT'S SNOWFEST TIME AT ALL?#

etc

DONT GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB :-))
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow in shrewsbury you do surprise me,none on low ground around here,only go a few yards down the hill from here its green.

Had a heavy sleet turned to snow shower earlier which didn`t stick.

Temp is 2.7c

Nearly gone now, but yes there was. Very strange to have the rain turn to snow in the exact spot where the opposite normally happens: that slope on the A5 at Welington. That was the case at 8.30 last night.

Showers today nearly all of rain with sleety bits here and there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

etc

Lmao - Priceless

Proper cheered me up that has!

• Like 1

Posted

7cm snow last night.... Ice everywhere.... Got keys to new house this morning, padfield extremely icy.... Drove over to chapel.... Very pretty when everythings blanketed in white.... Not got above freezing here.... Cold one tonight.... Fog/mist looking quite eerie...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just spent two hours digging out to the road ( with the help of a couple of neighbours ) and I must say the snow was very dense and heavy but without being watery. Many shrubs and bushes are bent double with the weight of accumulated snow.

• Like 2

Posted

Just spent two hours digging out to the road ( with the help of a couple of neighbours ) and I must say the snow was very dense and heavy but without being watery. Many shrubs and bushes are bent double with the weight of accumulated snow.

How much did you get in the end?

Spent 45minutes this morning trying to get into friends car which had completely frozen solid, locks, doors, boot....

Posted

Nearly gone now, but yes there was. Very strange to have the rain turn to snow in the exact spot where the opposite normally happens: that slope on the A5 at Welington. That was the case at 8.30 last night.

Showers today nearly all of rain with sleety bits here and there.

Bigger showers heading your way now,snowing here and settling about time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yes if them showers make it this far i'm sure they will be of rain, maybe a little sleet if they are heavy! But of Snow, can't see it myself as Dew's are the wrong side of 0c.

Currently 3.3c, DP 2.1C and Overcast.

Posted

Showers have finally reached here.

And it's rain.

Just been up Beacon Hill in Sedgley with the dog. Quite a bit of slushy snow cover up there with people attempting to sledge on it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yes if them showers make it this far i'm sure they will be of rain, maybe a little sleet if they are heavy! But of Snow, can't see it myself as Dew's are the wrong side of 0c.

Currently 3.3c, DP 2.1C and Overcast.

Yes, today was always forecast to be less cold with NW wind, do not expect the snow to last the day, dunno how its managed to not rain, expecting rain later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

LOOking at the lastest Radar, Defo plain old rain and cold rain at that :smiliz46: http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile Now what would be nice would be some showers just like them off the yorkshire coast!

Some bright echoes in them, now if they were incoming i'm sure they would have alot more winter-ness to them.

Posted

Looking on the bright side. This is still a better start to winter than the last 2 years (possibly 3 years...can't remember what happened December 2011!). For here anyway...don't think I can speak for everyone as I think some of you had an OK start to December 2012.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted

Got an extra covering of snow from all those showers some really heavy,wind is more west than north.

2c colder and today would be equal to Christmas day 2004 in temps.

There is an advantage with milder sea temps more showers.

• Like 1