Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Great news, If anything the latest gfsp is even better  :smiliz19:

45-574UK.GIF?25-6

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

Would love to see a covering of snow which lasts, rather than the mush we usually get, and just one day out too ('just' missed Christmas day itself!), still after last year, we deserve a decent blizzard!

Noticed a few showers getting through the Cheshire gap, are they rain still atm?

Posted

Latest nmm has quite heavy snowfall for central/north midlands tomorrow evening! !! Woop woop!!

Where can i find the nmm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Where can i find the nmm?

Pretty sure you have to be a Netweather subscriber (paid) to view it.

Looking forward to the first snow of this winter for here :) I have moved further outside of Leicester in a more rural village which is about 20 meters higher up before. Hoping them two facts combined means I might see one or two more flakes than at the previous house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

looks very good i must say  however probably will change a little   elevation as ever i think is the key.  Thanks  feb1991  for that chart    merry Christmas

Yes merry xmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Excellent GFS tomorrow night. Could still change but hopefully not by

Much now. Gfs gives a good bout of moderate or heavy snow. :)

Posted

Hello and a merry Christmas to all, just eat my dinner and popped on to see if there were any alterations on the METO warnings from earlier, pleased to see the outputs regarding tomorrow, now time for a drink,

Have a good evening all!

• Like 1

Posted

Prospects for snow in the Midlands have improved according the the 12z.

Temp here falling away nicely. Down to 1.2C already, so hoping for a severe type frost. Missed out this morning. Merry Christmas all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Latest nmm has quite heavy snowfall for central/north midlands tomorrow evening! !! Woop woop!!

yeah, looks good, in the Xmas spirit that model, if the low tracks as shown we will see snow, not a lot but maybe a covering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Latet charts show Bham right on the southerm edge of 2-4 cms. 

Goes a bit further south in the East and a little further north in the west.

SO..... 50 miles further south would be great for most of us.

I  note my temperature only reached 5.8C today in brilliant sunshine. PM brought cloud drifting down from the North west. 

The wind this evening has dropped out altogether but the temperature has increased slightly to 3.3C with this cloud still hanging around. Was hoping for a good frost to give us more chance tomorrow.

Oh well fingers crossed.

MIA

Posted

Saw the excitement appearing for tomorrow and jinxed it by viewing charts again :rofl: , 18z shoves it back north with the wrap around precip north of here again to *sigh*

Para slightly better, hopefully it will track further south last minute.

Chance of Cheshire Gap effect Saturday for a time, hopefully it will be cold enough!

Edited by conor123

Posted

bbc briefly gives me heavy snow symbol, but mostly sleet after 8pm, Saturday less cold just rain

Posted

Not much change to be honest on the 18z gfs!! Pretty similar to the last run!! Anyway euro 4 and nmm more bullish regarding accumulations across the region widely!! Trying not to get to excited but snowking posted an accumulative chart on the model thread and looks pretty good for the midlands! !

• Like 2

Posted

Not much change to be honest on the 18z gfs!! Pretty similar to the last run!! Anyway euro 4 and nmm more bullish regarding accumulations across the region widely!! Trying not to get to excited but snowking posted an accumulative chart on the model thread and looks pretty good for the midlands! !

like your posts shaky!!!!! definite possibility of back edge snow, Saturday though looks milder with a full thaw (if any snow lies) still doubtful of snow lying

Posted

like your posts shaky!!!!! definite possibility of back edge snow, Saturday though looks milder with a full thaw (if any snow lies) still doubtful of snow lying

hmm saw a post earlier which had temps struggling to even reach one degrees!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Saw the excitement appearing for tomorrow and jinxed it by viewing charts again :rofl: , 18z shoves it back north with the wrap around precip north of here again to *sigh*

Para slightly better, hopefully it will track further south last minute.

Chance of Cheshire Gap effect Saturday for a time, hopefully it will be cold enough!

Tbh probably time to not bother with GFS PPN charts now and let the Hi Res models do that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Evening every1. may i wish you all a happy christmas and a peeceful happy and a snowy newyear.  looking at the mets and bbc forecast for tomorrow night there could be a lot of fun and games for lot of us here in the midlands the met has a yellow warning for snow for these parts tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Posted

I couldve predicted this a week ago.   We are supposed to be travelling tomorrow to Birmingham for the day, so the first bad weather of the year was always going to come and ruin my xmas. 

For those new on here , I suffer really badly with Anxiety , and get really stressed about travelling when conditions may be bad.

Im also working the weekend, tho I only have to travel about 4 miles -   but pssed off as I had booked it as holiday  (thats another story).

The BBC chart is showing the snow from early evening , but when you watch the actual footage on BBC it shows snow from mid afternoon   ?

Edited by mr benn