Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Temp dropped to -4.5C last night. Still frosty this morning despite some cloud coming in during the night. So far it has been a bright day with some pleasant winter sunshine.

Posted

Temp dropped to -4.5C last night. Still frosty this morning despite some cloud coming in during the night. So far it has been a bright day with some pleasant winter sunshine.

There must have been some big regional differences last night - we only managed a low of 1.1°C

Currently 6.7°C with hazy sunshine.

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks like you were the coldest UK lowland spot, colder than any official station :) Benson -2.9c.

As Bish noted many parts of the Midlands remained above zero last night.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Never dropped below 3.9c here last night, worst wind direction for frost.

Time to get the Sunlamp out with two days of no daylight on the way again.

Posted

Never dropped below 3.9c here last night, worst wind direction for frost.

Time to get the Sunlamp out with two days of no daylight he way again.

There have only been 5 or 6 days of daylight in the last 2 months! Its got to the stage where my body really doesnt know if its day or night, waking up at 5am and trying to sleep in the afternoon.

Someone remimd me what weather we've had since August? 4 or 5 frosty nights is all I.can think of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Hey all! Not been around for a while but the chase for snow is back on i think we need to spare a thought for those living along the severn tho!

Over 100m of rain in upper catchment in next 72 hours with levels already high!

Wat we thinking of chances of the white stuff for the big day? Charts looking better than they were

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

After another day of drizzle, boots caked in mud, could we please just have some decent frosts! I`ll quite happily do without the falling white stuff (for now), even the spring bulbs are making an appearance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Feels so mild out there car temp was 9.1c big difference and shows how quick things can change. Nice looking charts for next week glad that we have a full house in model terms but still a long way to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Always think the darker it is, the warmer it is, dark=dull and warm, cold would mean clear so lighter earlier

Posted

Looks like you were the coldest UK lowland spot, colder than any official station :) Benson -2.9c.

As Bish noted many parts of the Midlands remained above zero last night.

I am in a very prone frost hollow. Although I live outside of the village, the village is also in a frost hollow - we are at the end of a terminal moraine from an ice sheet that extended from Wales. The minimum temp is often several degrees lower than surrounding areas, and I can often see the frost melted in the upper part of surrounding hilly fields, but my garden is still frosty. In the summer, the evenings generally cool quite soon after sunset here, so overnight temps are usually easy to deal with. Best of both worlds really.

• Like 2

Posted

Yes Picog I envisaged that you live in a frost hollow, our village is also very prone and from time to time coldest (unoffical) spot in the UK, narrowly pipping Trawsgoed and Sennybridge!

Posted

Yes Picog I envisaged that you live in a frost hollow, our village is also very prone and from time to time coldest (unoffical) spot in the UK, narrowly pipping Trawsgoed and Sennybridge!

Just had a brief wander around Llanwnnen courtesy of Google Street View. Nice part of the world you live in, Tony.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Dull dull dull but very mild at 12.2c, actually had a few sunny spells earlier from what I could see out the canteen window but alas grey as ever for coming home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Dull dull dull but very mild at 12.2c, actually had a few sunny spells earlier from what I could see out the canteen window but alas grey as ever for coming home.

same here

Temp  10.9C at 09:00.

Max 12.3C

Now 10.7C. A FEW bright intervals this morning.

Posted

Pipping Sennybridge is impressive!

No low temps overnight, a mild 11-12C throughout. Cloudy and blustery. I'm hoping the speculation about snow on the MO thread is right. It's certainly looking increasingly likely. It would be very seasonal.

Edited by picog

Posted

11.4c max last night milder than yesterday as expected.

Can`t rule out seeing any flakes of snow on Christmas day yet even though it`s from the west with colder zonality coming in.

Then after maybe proper cold snap from the north just after boxing day.

Posted

Some really high temperatures across the Midlands today Hereford was at 14.7c midday.

Posted

Currently 13.7°C here, and increasingly windy.

High of 14.1°C just after one o'clock this afternoon, low of 12.1°C before half past six this morning.

Previous highest low daily temps in recent years (Dec-Jan-Feb only):

05/02/2011   11.1°C

20/01/2008   10.9°C

04/02/2011   10.4°C

14/12/2006   10.2°C

31/12/2011   10.1°C

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very mild day with some brighter spells earlier today (Thursday) and 14.5c.

Posted

Bright and breezy here this morning. Temperatures have fallen from 11.4C at midnight down to 6.4C at 7am.

Bit of wrist slashing going on in the MO thread. You guessed it, the charts have done a bit of a wobbly. At least the 25/26 are looking dry, cold and bright. Still looks like the real cold and snow wil arrive, just a little later than originally thought/hoped for.

Edited by picog

Posted

Or there could be more wrist slashing through to New Year (some mild runs being produced) :)

Posted

I really don't mind December being rubbish so long as January and February deliver copious amounts of cold & snow  :)

In fact, I'd even settle for a poor January so long as February gives us something worthwhile.

Bish