Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

sleet here, temp dropped fairly fast, not been a bad day either, no rain since around 9am, mostly dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I suppose, to be fair, this Winter has been a definite improvement compared to last year, and there has been some snow so far. As such, it's kind of close to a standard Winter. There is also the rest of January, February, March, and even April, to go for further possibilities of the white stuff. Just personally feel a snowfall, without it turning to sleet or rain, is needed with a few days of lying snow to bump this Winter up closer to the good category. I admit the disappointment last night brought got to me a little, (even though it was always likely to have been just a wintry mix. And even then, there had been some settling snow at the start).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Think you can count me out till February now, keep taking long breaks from weather/chart watching this winter, really nothing to comment on  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I suppose, to be fair, this Winter has been a definite improvement compared to last year, and there has been some snow so far. As such, it's kind of close to a standard Winter. There is also the rest of January, February, March, and even April, to go for further possibilities of the white stuff. Just personally feel a snowfall, without it turning to sleet or rain, is needed with a few days of lying snow to bump this Winter up closer to the good category. I admit the disappointment last night brought got to me a little, (even though it was always likely to have been just a wintry mix. And even then, there had been some settling snow at the start).

Thats more like it DRL

Dont let the moaners get to you!

:D  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Thats more like it DRL

Dont let the moaners get to you!

:D  :D  :D  :D

Try not to MIA. :) The temptation to throw stuff out of the pram sometimes can be a little too high (lol), but fortunately the toys are tied back up for now, and will hopefully stay that way. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just snowed again here in oadby! ! Left a sugar coating on some cars! !

At 105m ASL...... Now't to do with Heights then :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

PS could be more snow heading your way in the next few hours, there is a line of snow developing & moving NW out of Norfolk- heading towards peak district again!

Yeehaw here we go again....

• Like 1

Posted

PS could be more snow heading your way in the next few hours, there is a line of snow developing & moving NW out of Norfolk- heading towards peak district again!

noticed that early seems to pepped up a bit. temps 0.8 dp at -1

local news did say possible snow this evening for North Derbys and North Notts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

It's only Jan 21st people - we've still got February to play for!! And without the lows there wouldn't be the snowy highs would there?!'

Correct! and March :)Let me know when you get one :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Okay, to try to help with the optimism for those of us in the drab and damp parts of our region... this was the edge of Bewdley at dawn on 6 April 2008. Okay, it didn't last long once the sun really got to work, but it was a nice sight even so!

Apr_2008_snow.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Mark a totally random question... do you know what the ASL is for Wirksworth and is it higher than Matlock?? and also some lovely looking shots there mate....

Morning BS. In answer to your question, Wirksworth town centre is 158 m and the highest outer suburbs are around  182 m.

Matlock town centre, around Crown Square, is 118 m. It's 200m at the very top of Bank Road, above County Offices, where the cycle time trial finishes.

• Like 1

Posted

Still got a covering of snow but just missed out on any frost,maywell of frozen higher up,bit of a hollow here,still cloudy/foggy 0.9c

Edit:

Different world as you go higher up,our far field theres more snowcover and trees are all white and frozen,gates are ice covered.

Wet here and slow thaw light east wind.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Mormig all

Temp bang on freezing

Min -0.1C

Dew Point -2.1C

Weather dull and quite misty

Strange thing overnight ---

My dewpoint gave me a minimum of -4.7C. Did we see some drier air over the Mids overnight? 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Full snow cover remains here of around 10cm, A few light snow showers overnight with a low of 0.1c

Currently; Foggy.

Temp 0.2c

Dp -0.1c

Wind E/N/E 2mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Morning BS. In answer to your question, Wirksworth town centre is 158 m and the highest outer suburbs are around  182 m.

Matlock town centre, around Crown Square, is 118 m. It's 200m at the very top of Bank Road, above County Offices, where the cycle time trial finishes.

Thank you for that info TM off to Wirksworth for the clan Bigsnow it will be then....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

fed up with this winter now.  apart from some frosts there has once again been no snow for us in Northamptonshire.  I love the snow and cold but would rather it was warm and spring now if all we are going to get this winter is cold icy rain and sleet.  Not excited at all just another boring old british winter non event.

Posted

Mormig all

Temp bang on freezing

Min -0.1C

Dew Point -2.1C

Weather dull and quite misty

Strange thing overnight ---

My dewpoint gave me a minimum of -4.7C. Did we see some drier air over the Mids?

MIA

Humidity stable over night here MIA, but dropped from 88 to 83% about 11 this morning. Edited by picog