Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Well I've been very disappointed with a total lack of snow event down south in northants this winter but couldn't have timed this trip better, not my home town but some great snow fall up here in W Yorks, assuming I can actually get out of the hotel car park tomorrow I'll be back to Wet / no snow Northants again though by evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cant believe its exactly the places favoured on Boxing Day getting it again! Whats making it so much colder in Notts/Derbys, thought the warm air would have got there by now

Its oop north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Puzzled how some people further south have snow and I don't at 165m, if anything more rain than sleet

Not quite high enough and precip not heavy enough?

That's the thing "PPN not heavy enough" 15MINS OF HEAVY PPN went from sleety rain to snow in just a few minutes and then back to light sleety rain again.

It's very marginal and all it takes is some heavy stuff to come along to change things from rain/sleet to SNOW

Posted

Well I've been very disappointed with a total lack of snow event down south in northants this winter but couldn't have timed this trip better, not my home town but some great snow fall up here in W Yorks, assuming I can actually get out of the hotel car park tomorrow I'll be back to Wet / no snow Northants again though by evening.

Yes I wouldn't hold your breath for anything settling here. I'm from NE Yorkshire originally and miss the heavy snow showers pushing off the North Sea. That said they don't do so well from frontal snow as the Pennines tend to kill it off.

It is trying again to turn from sleet to snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Yes I wouldn't hold your breath for anything settling here. I'm from NE Yorkshire originally and miss the heavy snow showers pushing off the North Sea. That said they don't do so well from frontal snow as the Pennines tend to kill it off.

It is trying again to turn from sleet to snow here.

I've got family in Whitby and I always get so jealous when they enjoy telling me that its snowing almost every winter and "they've got lots of snow on the NYM, we are cut off" tsk tsk! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well still coming down here at a steady rate but one thing I have noticed is that the wind has really picked up and is blowing the snow about a fair bit....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Raining and snowing here at the same time.

Ridiculous weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing here at the moment. Would seem the conditions are still right for snow rather than rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Blizzards here in the Peak District....if this continues to be this heavy all night the we will have some serious snow fall for tomorrows moderate snow to fall on to.... magic... in the mean time ive taken to watching 'THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW' now that is a snow event that we would all get snow from... nothing marginal about that... lol

Posted

The earlier covering is going in Stoke. Gone from roofs & melting elsewhere. Doesn't look much like a top-up, everything's circling us.

Posted

quite heavy now is,nt it, gonner be a good covering, possible dry slot coming up before next ppn hits

yep some very heavy bursts coming thru... the heavier stuff looks like coming in in the early hours.....5+cm here by the morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nottingham is hardly any further north than here, maybe 15 miles or so. No higher either.

Nottingham is a fair bit further East though. The colder air is over the North and the Eastern side at the moment. So Nottingham and Leicester are still cold enough to see snow in heavy bursts.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

i had heavy rain though with bits of snow mixed in

Let's just say it's complicated

Posted

Thank goodness for last Wednesday morning, at least weve had a day of lying snow this month. The best thing about this winter is that it hasnt been quite as bad as last, though I think it has down in the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The earlier covering is going in Stoke. Gone from roofs & melting elsewhere. Doesn't look much like a top-up, everything's circling us.

That is sad to hear. It was a lovely icing sugar powder snow when I walked the dog this evening, very pretty. Here in Birmingham its wet snow but nothing substantial. Think the PPN is furthe east.

Posted

I've just woken up to see that it's snowing here and starting to put a dusting down. There seems to be a fair few showers on the radar too heading in this general direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

another yellow warning and another letdown. i wander if the mets going to upgrade their systems when when they get their computer? so they can put out warnings for if we are about to get a dusting of snow.