Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Here's 2010's snow in this area, whilst everyone else had over 1-2 feet!!

28thnovember2010016snowylake4.jpg

Ahh memories of 2010, cost me a blummin' fortune in roof and conservatory roof repairs due to the damage when 6inch deep solid ice slid off the roof! 

post-14258-0-94996100-1421790492_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

The stuff coming in soon from the sw....question is will it be snow or rain? Deffo a thaw going on out here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Big downgrade from met on latest update has now got mainly sleet and light snow and rain from tomoz. Damm warm sector is much further north than forecasted i bet we are now seeing what they thought might happen when there was no warnings going out. Think only those with serious elevation will do well. Good luck everyone lets hope some of you are lucky. On a plus side thats 4 times i have seen snowfall this year so not that upset.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am off to bed . going to say it , Game over .

The ref never blew the kick off whistle :) Night..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

We had nothing in Dec 2010 apart from 22nd Dec when maybe 2-3 inches fell overnight whereas everywhere else got 1-2 feet during the whole month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

For 1990-2014 the average days of snow lying here in December is 1.76 days. But take out 2010 and it falls to 0.96. That year had almost half of the total in that 25-year period. 13 of those 25 years had 0 days.

that really is bloody useless!

Posted

We had nothing in Dec 2010 apart from 22nd Dec when maybe 2-3 inches fell overnight whereas everywhere else got 1-2 feet during the whole month

We had 9 inches here in West Wales took the train to Cov Christmas Eve 2010, nowhere had more than a foot the whole journey, generally 3 to 6 inches.

Posted

Its sleet/snow mix here, going up in height of about 30m made a bit off difference so would say pure snow for this area you need to be 200m +

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Methinks this so called Damm warm sector has now gate crashed my party.... :nonono:

DP now at 0.9c and temps at 1.4c Oh! well, i was having such fun, Maybe another time  :p

EDIT, forgot to say.... SLEETY RAIN HERE :closedeyes:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Wet moderate blowing snow falling in Stiperstones. We had a good dusting on top of the old snow at 4.00pm. Temperature was 0.6C. It rose to 1.6C and has fallen back in the last half hour to 1.4C.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

We had 9 inches here in West Wales took the train to Cov Christmas Eve 2010, nowhere had more than a foot the whole journey, generally 3 to 6 inches.

He's probably referring to Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. They saw a good 1-2 foot of snow from streamers coming in off the North Sea. While Leicestershire saw a dusting. We did get around 3 inches later on in December though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Very heavy snow here. Interestingly not huge flakes, perhaps 20p size but absolutely tonnes of them. Arn't the flakes usually huge in marginal situations ? I thought smaller flakes meant it was colder/less marginal..

Posted

Very heavy snow here. Interestingly not huge flakes, perhaps 20p size but absolutely tonnes of them. Arn't the flakes usually huge in marginal situations ? I thought smaller flakes meant it was colder/less marginal..

Where about's in south Leicestershire?

Posted

He's probably referring to Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. They saw a good 1-2 foot of snow from streamers coming in off the North Sea. While Leicestershire saw a dusting. We did get around 3 inches later on in December though.

I can vouch for that 35cm everywhere, and over 60cm in the garden in patches.

dp still -2 and temps 0.5

• Like 2

Posted

In the next hilarious move of this comical winter's evening, the precipitation moving this way is now starting to break up anyway!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Some really heavy stuff on the radar incoming here. Should be here in about 30 mins.

I don't hold much hope of it being snow but evaporative cooling could be a factor if it's heavy enough. Probably be sleet at best though.