Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

any more dew point charts mate!! If its snowing in brummy then that must be good news for us in leicester cos we are north east of brum!!

http://weatherobs.com/ ...... My DP back down to 0.0c

• Like 1

Posted

What is falling here at the moment, which isnt a lot, is still of snow (just about)

Posted

What the hell is wrong with the weather that they can get more snow in Saudi Arabia and Jordan than in the UK, over 1000 miles north??

Right, ok, so we have February left.....please, please, please, please can some god or other, get their act together? :-D

Thats the problem.  The gods had a conferance (well, okay a jaffa cakes-up in Valhalla) in October and listened to everyone.

And for every person in Britain who wanted a severe, cold, snowy winter there were 10,000 who said they would be happy never to see snow again ....

Sad, but true.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks like snow now on the Cov webcam, its will turn to snow under the heavier blobs in this very marginal set up due to evap cooling even below 100masl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

worth noting that dewpoint's are modeled to rise from now on throughout the night to be above 0c for all parts of the Midlands, so regardless of the amount of ppn coming, the paramters for snowfall are going to get increasingly marginal, and if the hi-res modeling is correct, and it is an 'if'....dewpoints will be on the wrong side of marginal in a few hours time, and snow will turn to sleet and increasingly to rain.....elevation is the key for Birmingham northwards

• Like 2

Posted

there wasn't really any cold air, i mean no true northerly or beasterly, just a wet fart of cooler Atlantic airstream, dosen't do it for low levels

Maybe I should have said colder air. Where have all the -10 uppers been these last two years, havent seen them near us once. Even -5 has only visited rarely.

Posted

Snow falling here but it might as well be rain. It's not settling and starting to erode the dusting from earlier.

Signs that we are now heading to the wrong side of marginal.

Posted

http://weatherobs.com/ ...... My DP back down to 0.0c

Look at this map and select dew point good overview:

http://weatherobs.com/

North MIds mostly just below 0c south mostly just above.

Posted

Thats the problem.  The gods had a conferance (well, okay a left trouser leg-up in Valhalla) in October and listened to everyone.

And for every person in Britain who wanted a severe, cold, snowy winter there were 10,000 who said they would be happy never to see snow again ....

Sad, but true.

Trouble is, I don't want severe cold, I just want the 5-7 days average lying snow per year, for this area!! ><

• Like 1

Posted

After an hour and a half 1cm ontop of old snow and where it was cleared.....and covering on everything....

Wind picking up..... -1c dew -2c.....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 2

Posted

How can the temperature rise it is the bloody night

Makes not a jot of difference in the Winter its all about the airmass.

Trouble is, I don't want severe cold, I just want the 5-7 days average lying snow per year, for this area!! ><

Trouble is that average consists of years with over 30 days and the other more plentiful with near zero!

• Like 1

Posted

Been pretty light snow on and off for last couple of hours - had just about stopped but latest recon of lamp-post shows it pepping up again.. :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Right so the colder air comes back in briefly on Thursday, what a p**s take, just before the mild air pull in to melt the slight frost we'll have.

There is something seriously wrong now.....it's not been like this in my whole 37 years on earth! 

Posted

Makes not a jot of difference in the Winter its all about the airmass.

Trouble is that average consists of years with over 30 days and the other more plentiful with near zero!

Well, we haven't exactly been spoilt in North Warwickshire since 1990 though. Not 30 days lying snow here in 40 years surely?

Posted

Right so the colder air comes back in briefly on Thursday, what a p**s take, just before the mild air pull in to melt the slight frost we'll have.

There is something seriously wrong now.....it's not been like this in my whole 37 years on earth! 

Oh it has late 80s, early to mid 70s poor as well (just before you were born).

Same old UK weather..

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

Well, we haven't exactly been spoilt in North Warwickshire since 1990 though. Not 30 days lying snow here in 40 years surely?

1979, 1981/82 off the top of my head, if not 30 days close too it.

Here 1979: https://twitter.com/bablakewx/status/557101886499999745

He really is worth a follow.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Guys

The problem is the low off pembrokeshire, it  has only moved 25 miles east in the last 3 hours.

It is still therefore pumping warm air up into the midlands..

Carn't someone give it a boot from Aber?

If it will move thru' we will all be laughing.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

1979, 1981/82 off the top of my head, if not 30 days close too it.

I remember 1981. My sister and a few mates rolled a snowball from one end of the road to the other (around 200 yrds) then we all hollowed it out and made an 'igloo'.  Then they got a 3 year old muggins to go inside and my damn sister jumped on it and her mates! >> :-D

Them were the days! :-)

• Like 1