The Midlands - Weather Chat

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

Reports of rain just south if here aren't good news. Elevation didn't matter Boxing Day so this could be a concern again. Still, mustn't worry. Wait and see. Currently at Rowley Regis station anyway. Still snow falling here. Heading back up to Gornal in a bit.

its not like boxing day, then the ppn was very heavy, this time it's not, just patchy, cannot see this being as good as boxing day

• Like 1

yep if all else fails its a trip to Brassington...

funny you should mention trips, I;m going easy on wine tonight, so if I have to drive out I WILL.

Beely Moor should do it. :cold:  :cold:

• Like 2

Moderate snow in Bedworth too, settling on paths and grass, but not roads and roofs, as yet

This area gets no snow normally between the A5 in nuneaton to Warwick there seems to be no snowwhete either side gets it lol. Hopefully some tonight

• Like 1

make sure u keep us up to date mate with the dew points! !

Oh! yes Hawk eye me.... Must admit shaky thought at one stage tiny flakes were turning to sleety rain, then it started really coming down again and everywhere is now WHITE :D  

Still raining here, and the earlier snow is disappearing even on pavements now. Looks like it's curtains for Bewdley unless something unexpected happens. Oh well, I've had three minor snowfalls this week, which is better than last winter! (Boxing Day was a total non-event here.) Good luck to those who haven't had any snow yet; hoping you do better! :)

Oh! yes Hawk eye me.... Must admit shaky thought at one stage tiny flakes were turning to sleety rain, then it started really coming down again and everywhere is now WHITE :D

i think its gona be down to the rate of precipitation falling! !

Hi guys,

The heavier snow an hour ago has left a total covering here of maybe 0.5 to 2 mms.. 

The snow eased off, but is now starting up again as a light to moderate drift. 

Current stats....

Wind SE and picking up quickly

Temperature 0.6C and falling

Dew POINT  STILL -2.4c.

I see its been reported that the system is starting to rotate.

I noticed on BBC forecast that they are expecting a moderate to fresh NE setting in tomorrow.

That is normally a good sign.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

yep just started, looks like being an all snow event, not sure how met o forecasts can give heavy snow for 15 hours radar looks very iffy. theres lot going to have happen for it to increase although it is over 15 hours.

• Like 1

yep just started, looks like being an all snow event, not sure how met o forecasts can give heavy snow for 15 hours radar looks very iffy. theres lot going to have happen for it to increase although it is over 15 hours.

BBC Weather on tv just showed snow right thru the night here and final frame was 4pm tomorrow and still snowing.

• Like 1