Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Don't no where it's coming from? The precip of north west wales seems to far north to pivot back and not much expanding down south!

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

Posted

Stop worrying if it's going to fizzle out or turn into rain or invite itself in for tea without asking.

It's going to do whatever it's going to do...and it's snowing now, so enjoy.

And yes

I will be the first on here complaining that it's turned to rain but like the weather, I'm also going to do whatever I'm going to do so you'll have to deal with that too! :p

Edited by Gord
    • Like 3
    Posted

Stop worrying if it's going to fizzle out or turn into rain or invite itself in for tea without asking.

It's going to do whatever it's going to do...and it's snowing now, so enjoy.

And yes

I will be the first on here complaining that it's turned to rain but like the weather, I'm also going to do whatever I'm going to do so you'll have to deal with that too! :p

I'm not complaining, just amused that a all night even has stopped after 20 mins  :D

Edited by imballinger
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Still falling freely here....Large flakes

post-12214-0-79080000-1421774882_thumb.p

• Like 3
    Posted

I'm not complaining, just amused that a all night even has stopped after 20 mins  :D

That's not what I said, please feel free to complain...it defines us as a nation! It's worrying I advised against.

Just don't worry now...save your energy for the complaining later...or save it for playing in the snow, whatever is more appropriate.

Not a chance I can call what it going to happen tonight. Not even going to try. Expect everything!

Edited by Gord
    • Like 2
    Posted

slight covering now on the roads   still expecting a few inches here

Posted
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi Fellow Midlanders, hope you all get what we want .....SNOW :yahoo:

Currently 1.2c and light SNOW......... and loving all the SNOW reports  :D 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Are the new LED lamps any better than the old awful Orange ones for snow watching? No lampposts here so rely on a big 500w floodlight in the back garden. No Snow yet here..

Temp 0.8c

Dp -3.1c

• Like 2
    Posted

just started snowing here, first few flakes, 0.2C

Just spotted, nice big feathers. Inset day at school tomorrow so hopefully the kids will get a snow day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Sleety rain now met 1 bbc 1 lol

Posted

Are the new LED lamps any better than the old awful Orange ones for snow watching? No lampposts here so rely on a big 500w floodlight in the back garden. No Snow yet here..

Temp 0.8c

Dp -3.1c

No streetlamps here either.

I use a Cree LED torch with a beam focus.

Posted

No streetlamps here either.

I use a Cree LED torch with a beam focus.

Yes i have one of them to for closer inspection, Fantastic torches and the batteries last for hours. I usually take the dog out when there's a good covering so hopefully it will get some use later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Temp 0.8c

Dp -3.1c

After the snow event of March 2013 i installed a floodlight in the back garden  :)  I've waited this long for snow and it's BRILL..... really shows the slightest flakes :)

MODERATE SNOW :D

• Like 1
    Posted

After the snow event of March 2013 i installed a floodlight in the back garden  :)  I've waited this long for snow and it's BRILL..... really shows the slightest flakes :)

MODERATE SNOW :D

Yes Dancer they really show the Snow up well, Almost enhances it :D  

Posted

looking at the radar bulk of the precipitation looks to be moving quite quicky north north west now. if it is going to pivet i would hope it starts soon, else it looks more northern england scotland will get the bulk.

Edited by TyphoonNow