Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Mine actually upgraded keeps it snow all the way now until tomorrow afternoon then sleet i wouldnt take to much notice of forecasts its more of a nowcasting could go either way for many a d no one has a clue lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

GFS says rain by 8pm this evening.

Met Office say just snow all the way through.

Northerners say they're going to steal our snow...again!

Radar says not a lot right now.

Take your pick!

• Like 2

Can someone explain where all this snow is supposed to come from, as from the radar it doesn't look much

Essentially yes it expands/spreads and somewhat stalls and then in about 4 or 5 hours another band of ppn from the SW comes along and merges, if the NMM is on the money anyway. And it certainly looks accurate so far compared to the radar. More accurate than EURO4 atleast. Though it's got everything arriving about 2 or 3 hours behind where it really is.

Edited by kmanmx

Lampost and normally drive to the highest mountain clent or lickey hills. Then take the kids sledging.

Hi well I live right by the lickies and it's settled with ease can only see things getting worse lol

MetO forecast now a mix of mainly snow with some sleety bits throught this evening and overnight. Hoping the snow will be heavier than the sleet. Temp now dropped back to 0.2C, so still on downward trend.

Met Office has actually upgraded here from light snow to heavy snow

No the PPN is expected to be light and patchy, but stalling around here to give better accumulations over the Peak District.

What we have now is about all it's going to be.

Anyone else think these temps make it unlikely to be rain ?

I mean it's 0.9c here and dropping. If it gets to 0.5c, surely that'd be pretty unlucky to see snow. I know it's not impossible as 2meter tempertures are one of many factors, but still...