The Midlands - Weather Chat

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

Euro4 looming very good for Wales n West Midlands

Wales yes (T+42 has heaps of snow for them) but not a lot seems to make it to the Midlands. Also, the BBC1 TV weather just now looked very knife-edge. Peak District could do very well, but lower down/further south is another matter. On the plus side, neither was as gloomy-looking as the 12z GFS... though that wouldn't be hard! :p

Temp here already down to -2.8C, so whatever falls from the sky tomorrow will almost certainly freeze once it hits the ground. Lane is a complete sheet of ice, even the bin men took it steady this morning.

Shaky ever the optimist over in the model thread. Cant say its all over yet as ECM gfs has precip to the east euro 4 to the west others central. Some av rain some snow some heavy some light etc etc. Until we see a consensus which we might not get at all then anything is possible.

Shaky do u have ecm precip pics?

B----y optimists misleading everyone  :diablo:

Joke! still a chance for some places..

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Temp here already down to -2.8C, so whatever falls from the sky tomorrow will almost certainly freeze once it hits the ground. Lane is a complete sheet of ice, even the bin men took it steady this morning.

Its still +2 here and completely cloudy. No hope if it stays like that....

Upgrade alert!

MetO now forecasting continuous snow from 2000hr Tuesday through to 1200 hr Wednesday in Ludlow area. I'll take that thank you very much.

Just looked at weather outlook and guy in glossop said it was snowing and laying, thought right.... Looked outside.... It is....â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Light to moderate snow..... 0.5cm filled in where ive cleared snow.....unexpected! -2c dew -3c.....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 2

Massive downgrades for my area just few light snow flurries forecasted such a shame

There was nt much on offer in any case at low levels apart from the odd run suggesting higher amounts.

It would take heavy precipitation causing evaporative cooling for any decent amounts below 250m.

Edited by TonyH

Strarting to look like that last Tuesday's snow could end up being the best snow we see this month (I'm a little bit hesitant to say month though as the 31st is still well over a week away).

Currently a cloudy and cold evening. Too much clag flowing down from the north keeping temperatures just above freezing. Not even freezing up because of the cloudy conditions. All feels quite underwhelming really.

Well done to Matt Taylor on Radio 4 very early this morning, his forecast for this week is looking pretty accurate. It makes me laugh when Chris Evans on Radio 2 tries to push sensonalist weather headlines onto Carol Kirkwood and she's having none of it. Quite impressed with how she deals with it actually!

I think next time, unless i hear the words out of a forecaster's mouth...I'm going to be very very careful with the output seen online. Lesson well and truly learnt.

Discovered just how wide the gap between amateur and professional is this week!

Strarting to look like that last Tuesday's snow could end up being the best snow we see this month (I'm a little bit hesitant to say month though as the 31st is still well over a week away).

Currently a cloudy and cold evening. Too much clag flowing down from the north keeping temperatures just above freezing. Not even freezing up because of the cloudy conditions. All feels quite underwhelming really.

Well done to Matt Taylor on Radio 4 very early this morning, his forecast for this week is looking pretty accurate. It makes me laugh when Chris Evans on Radio 2 tries to push sensonalist weather headlines onto Carol Kirkwood and she's having none of it. Quite impressed with how she deals with it actually!

I think next time, unless i hear the words out of a forecaster's mouth...I'm going to be very very careful with the output seen online. Lesson well and truly learnt.

Discovered just how wide the gap between amateur and professional is this week!

It hasn't happened yet though pal! Anyway, being at 205m, you stand a very decent chance of seeing a covering from this.

• Like 1

Evening all, my toys are well and truly out of the pram, along with the dummy and blanket!! I've been on these forums since 2007 and only just found my voice so bear with! I don't think I can recall such big upgrades/downgrades regarding tomorrow's snow event / non event. One run we are sweet as, next damp squib! I've just ordered beers all around for all models for an upgrade on the pub run. Thanks to those more experienced posters, Steve M, shaky, bish ect, your input is invaluable. Glasses ready for the 18z!!

• Like 2

Evening all, my toys are well and truly out of the pram, along with the dummy and blanket!! I've been on these forums since 2007 and only just found my voice so bear with! I don't think I can recall such big upgrades/downgrades regarding tomorrow's snow event / non event. One run we are sweet as, next damp squib! I've just ordered beers all around for all models for an upgrade on the pub run. Thanks to those more experienced posters, Steve M, shaky, bish ect, your input is invaluable. Glasses ready for the 18z!!

Glad to see you sharing your thoughts :D

If and it's a big IF... The 18z upgrades things and is similar to last nights 18z, it will really make things interesting. I don't see any real changes now but it has happened in the past. Even a shift in the mild sector of 50 miles or so could be massive in an event like this.

Edited by andy_leics22

Just been outside to discover some microscopic snowflakes falling from the sky at the moment. Literally the size of a full stop. But the odd slightly bigger one thrown in for good measure, too. Just personally hope somehow tomorrow and Wednesday will be cold enough to see the same thing happening, albeit with precipitation being (a lot) heavier.

• Like 2