The Midlands - Weather Chat

Have to admit I'm getting excited but guarantee for some sort of downgrade

18z was an upgrade, 00z was different but not really a downgrade, 06z was an upgrade.

The trend would suggest more upgrades. But I know what you mean, these things often fall at the last hurdle. We can only hope and stay positive though :) Snowfest for all!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier. Temp 0.4c Dp -1.9c WC 0.2c

METO should have followed the map 

Great Longstone at 11.00am this morning pretty difficult journey, what with fog and blowing snow very tricky approx. 20 to 25cms   also plenty of vids from Beeley Moor most are at 250m to 350mtrs

Posted Images

Looking good for areas around brum (given their elevation also)

Word of caution being that over the years, those areas predicted to get the best falls 48 hours ahead rarely do!

I think best to wait for tomorrow's 6z euro 4 on weatheronline.

• Like 1

Only slightly negative is it looks like -4 to -5 850 temps win out come about 3am Wednesday which could cause marginality. Could do with them being 2c colder.

Any sign of those met office warnings? Be surprised if there isnt any soon

According to the Model thread the latest thing they have heard out of the MetO this morning is they think it's going to be an all rain event apart from high hills which will see snow. They basically disagree entirely with the GFS.
Edited by kmanmx

Any sign of those met office warnings? Be surprised if there isnt any soon

Had a quick look  still nothing   this morning ice warnings have been removed   so somebody is there 

Not looking so good for my area (coventry) could be some heavy sleet here and thats it..east mids look in line for a pasting

Cov better place to be than east mids so dont no where you get that idea

Where are these warnings not even for the peaks? Find it strange not even to have a yellow out yet? I know it difficult to predict but comon!

They have just removed the snow warning from NI...!!!!??  Just an ICE warning now....Have to say with Met totally not on board then I doubt anything significant is going to stick on Tuesday night/Wednesday...Certainly in my part of the Midlands...

Edited by VeryCold

My doom is based on the the last weather forecast on Radio Nottingham from their weather presenter, basically rain & a weakening affair for tomorrow. Yesterday they were reporting tomorrow as a decent snow event, lets hope they are wrong

MetO must know something we don't. I guess their UKV / METO model is coming to a very different conclusion to the GFS. Waiting for an update from Ian F.

Edited by kmanmx

Update euro4!! Precipitation slightly further east so more east midlands/south east midlands!! Bad news is the band is pretty light compared to gfs!!

Good news it is showing snow rather than rain at least however hardly any accumulation. More upgrades required yet