Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Stiperstones village - 30 minutes of moderate wet snow falling, varying temperature 1.6C current from 0.9C.

The overnight dusting on old snow thawed. Further sugar coated with light graupel at 9.00am.

All a load of rubbish really. The met office are totally inept - ensure warnings cover a big area and everthing is forgiven. I don't think so!

Oh come on really!

Posted

Its the usual case of over-hyped expectations not coming to fruition and then lets blame the Met Office - pathetic..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Dont blame the met this could have easily gone the other way. If it wasnt for the pesky warm sector it would have been a different story.

• Like 1

Posted

Dont blame the met this could have easily gone the other way. If it wasnt for the pesky warm sector it would have been a different story.

All it MAY have taken for large areas of the Midlands to see lying snow would have been say DPs 1c lower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

The met office advance warning system is faulty. The weather teams today have square heads and  blind faith. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Average depth is 13.5cm  now with light snow still falling. Thick fog since 2030 yesterday evening and the temp' according to the Davis on the roof mast, is -0.2c.

Party at TM's tonight, folks! Bring a sled!

Still cloaked in hill fog here, rain's stopped now. 3.7oC currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Cold damp and drizzly here...

temp still at 2.7C Dew point 0.30C.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

The met office advance warning system is faulty. The weather teams today have square heads and  blind faith. 

surely multi million pound computers can be more accurate than they are currently?  otherwise what's the point.  Might as well just stick with the way they used to do it 50 years ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

the met put out warnings even for a lite breaze now a days. nothing but cold rain here atm.

Posted

Zzzz nothing here all day, nothing last night, all we had was that shower this time yesterday then drizzle, to mild anyway 3.3c/2c dp.

Blandest winter goes on.

• Like 1

Posted

the met put out warnings even for a lite breaze now a days. nothing but cold rain here atm.

Probably have to do it for Health and Safety reasons.

Ian Fergie said recently when asked about Weather Warnings that if it helps one person then it has served it's purpose.

One person may have been prevented from a broken leg after not slipping on last nights snowflake that fell at 600m asl.

Posted

The only thing faulty with the MetO warnings were the people who failed to read what the warnings actually said!  

If you can't read, get Mummy to read them for you.   The pweety yellow piccy-tures do not depict where snow is actually expected to fall .....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Awful, awful day here. 3-4 °C, raw, damp, murky, dull. The absolute worst kind of winter weather.

Yes, it's been better for coldies than last year. So would be going down to Sainsbury's and sticking your head in the freezer cabinet. :p

• Like 2

Posted

Zzzz nothing here all day, nothing last night, all we had was that shower this time yesterday then drizzle, to mild anyway 3.3c/2c dp.

Blandest winter goes on.

You are right. It has been another pathetic winter, yet again, for most of us.

Hard to believe how good it looked this time yesterday and look how it all turned

out for most of us. Dull, dank, cold and horrible out there. The worst sort of weather.

I don't think we will get any decent snow events this winter.

Edited by The Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The only thing faulty with the MetO warnings were the people who failed to read what the warnings actually said!  

If you can't read, get Mummy to read them for you.   The pweety yellow piccy-tures do not depict where snow is actually expected to fall .....

As far as the warnings go, certainly I have no criticism of the MetO for issuing them based on what the pros saw at the time. The situation changed between the first and second warnings, and it would have been a failure on their part if they hadn't updated the warnings in those circumstances.

That said, I suspect I (and maybe some others) would have been less disappointed if the first warning hadn't existed at all, given that it was significantly more bullish than anything seen before or after. Yes, it got my hopes up (for a few hours) and I don't think that (disappointment, rather than anger at the MetO) is unreasonable.

• Like 1

Posted

Not to rub salt into the wounds or anything lol Snow at Holmesfield.

Enjoy mate. A lot of us gutted here.

Looks like a return to zonality soon. Goodbye winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

You Midlanders must be gutted, twice in the past 4 weeks I have promised my relatives in Tamworth heavy snow due to MetO warnings and twice it's been a flop with Yorkshire nicking your snow!

At least here I wasn't promised any in the first place!

Why does Edinburgh and Sheffield get so much snow these days, both Cities have on average the same number of days with snow lying as Birmingham - I checked the 1961-1990 average yet both Cities get a snow blitz while brumies miss out, as someone born in Birmingham that ain't fair.

Andy

Not to rub salt into the wounds or anything lol Snow at Holmesfield.

It won't look half as pretty by Friday lunchtime!

Just jealous

Andy

Posted

Light snow 6-10pm apparently (MetO) it stopped snowing around 3.30pm here so we had a good 6 hours of falling snow today, though not accumulating to much it was nice to see it falling. We still have around 6/7cm of lying snow from overnight.

Edited by LadyEv06

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Funnily enough I was going to say as the colder air creeps back over us then we may see some light snow if there's anything left from the damn thing.

Posted

Hi Midlanders ! Looking for some info, my County football team are playing Nottinghamshire at Rainworth FC on Sunday.

Is there anyone from the area on here ? Do you have much lying snow, if so, I doubt the game will be played, unless a quick thaw and it drains quick.

Thanks