Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I bet and is going mad , it is chucking it down in glenfield leic , settled instantly

Not happy :p

I do miss living there - e midlands was a good spot in the seventies and eighties for snow. Dot think it's done so well over the past few colder winters. Glad you're something tonight. Miserable and drizzly in the tropical sarf!

I'd like to be in a high part of Bradgate Park tonight! Are you a Leicester fan by any chance?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate Snow here with some finer intervals. Around 4cm covered. Had a drive up to the Cat&Fiddle/Flash just, It's looking good  :D

Temp 0.2c

Dp -0.4c

WC -1.8c

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Moderate Snow here with some finer intervals. Around 4cm covered..

Temp 0.2c

Dp -0.4c

WC -1.8c

Lucky you, at least it's something, not even a mm here though it's snowing moderately now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

it had eased off some what so didn't keep an eye out as watching Edge of Alaska to see some proper snow.... and then looked out the window and ITS SMASHING IT DOWN......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Good gosh that was some serious snow!! Its still falling now! !

Looks like it's coming to oadby then Thurmaston, so good news if it's still going there

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

There was 20" + of snow in Chesterfield and surrounding areas.

I know the N Mids did well I was on about my journey from Wales to Warwickshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Think west Midlands is just set to be a snow free zone

• Like 1

Posted

massive 50p flakes smashing down here now... this must be the start of the 10 hours of heavy snow the met office were on about......

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I know the N Mids did well I was on about my journey from Wales to Warwickshire.

We had loads, absolute masses of the stuff. I think we measured 14 inches level snow in our garden.

Posted

THe leicester blob is about to depart after which it will turn to drizzle.

Posted

It was heavy snow here around half an hour ago. Now it appears nothing till I opened the back door and realised it is raining, light.. Looking forward for once to go to work tomorrow, Coalville always get it worse than here in Hinckley.... Saw a surprise amount of snow last weds when Hinckley never had a flake!!

Posted

This is torture now!!! I text my mum earlier and said I thought she'd see snow tonight. Now she's texting me every 10 mins to update me on it!

Her latest text was "coming down a lot now, road starting to go white and cars covered" She lives right next to the city centre so if she's getting this, it must be even better out in the sticks

• Like 1

Posted

We had loads, absolute masses of the stuff. I think we measured 14 inches level snow in our garden.

On my thats was good just 2 or 3 inches in Cov and next to nowt in Bed'uth apparently!

Posted

it had eased off some what so didn't keep an eye out as watching Edge of Alaska to see some proper snow.... and then looked out the window and ITS SMASHING IT DOWN......

its looking great, the radar on fast loop just shows ppn piling in for hours and hours, just hope it can keep dp and temps low enough, should do, then we are going to have a good covering.

just contemplating a trip out on to the tops, but  not sure yet, to much fun watching it unfold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

This is torture now!!! I text my mum earlier and said I thought she'd see snow tonight. Now she's texting me every 10 mins to update me on it!

Her latest text was "coming down a lot now, road starting to go white and cars covered" She lives right next to the city centre so if she's getting this, it must be even better out in the sticks

Nope. It snowed very heavy for half an hour here but just refused to settle on anything but car windows. Our roads arn't even gritted or anything, right out in the country. 

Posted

I reckon the Matlockers should bugger off to the Yorkshire thread! Only joking :D I am jealous though.

What are the house prices like up there? :D

• Like 2

Posted

its looking great, the radar on fast loop just shows ppn piling in for hours and hours, just hope it can keep dp and temps low enough, should do, then we are going to have a good covering.

just contemplating a trip out on to the tops, but  not sure yet, to much fun watching it unfold.

yes its looking good... just stepped out to take some pics and its bloody cold..... keep this level of snow fall up for the next 10 hours then top it off with a day of light/moderate snow....ive done to much Pinot for driving anywhere... im staying put to watch it pile up..... now ive said that it will prob jaffa cakes down with rain lol...

• Like 1