Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Guys

The problem is the low off pembrokeshire, it  has only moved 25 miles east in the last 3 hours.

It is still therefore pumping warm air up into the midlands..

Carn't someone give it a boot from Aber?

If it will move thru' we will all be laughing.

MIA

OK I am taking the dog out soon will try for you :)

Posted

Makes not a jot of difference in the Winter its all about the airmass.

Trouble is that average consists of years with over 30 days and the other more plentiful with near zero!

For 1990-2014 the average days of snow lying here in December is 1.76 days. But take out 2010 and it falls to 0.96. That year had almost half of the total in that 25-year period. 13 of those 25 years had 0 days.

• Like 1

Posted

I remember 1981. My sister and a few mates rolled a snowball from one end of the road to the other (around 200 yrds) then we all hollowed it out and made an 'igloo'.  Then they got a 3 year old muggins to go inside and my damn sister jumped on it and her mates! >> :-D

Them were the days! :-)

But yes since1990 poor, although there was Feb 1991, Jan 1987.  Jan and Dec 2010 must have had good runs of snow lying, there was here ?

• Like 1

Posted

Still snow here

But it's not doing the job of snow...it's doing the job of rain! Useless snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Look at this map and select dew point good overview:

http://weatherobs.com/

North MIds mostly just below 0c south mostly just above.

That map shows DP all over the place ? DP -ve in places on south coast

Posted

MetO/BBC still going for heavy snow all night until 10am and light snow up to 3pm tomorrow. Snowing lighter now, 0.9 degrees, -0.6 DP, keeping positive! 

Posted

For 1990-2014 the average days of snow lying here in December is 1.76 days. But take out 2010 and it falls to 0.96. That year had almost half of the total in that 25-year period. 13 of those 25 years had 0 days.

Stop trying to cheer us all up :-D 

But yes since1990 poor, although there was Feb 1991, Jan 1987.  Jan and Dec 2010 must have had good runs of snow lying, there was here ?

I have pictures of the 1/4" snowcover here, which evaporated over the weeks. But we actually got an inch of frost!

Posted

Thats quite a shocker of a stat. AGW dare I say.. :diablo:

That map shows DP all over the place ? DP -ve in places on south coast

Beware it includes PWS but on the whole you get an idea. The air is drier in SE.

Stop trying to cheer us all up :-D 

I have pictures of the 1/4" snowcover here, which evaporated over the weeks. But we actually got an inch of frost!

It was a decent cover in Coventry Dec 2010 I was there! 2 or 3 inches just a mile from you!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Why why why????

Everytime we get chance of snow it always upgrades just before and never comes off!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Here's 2010's snow in this area, whilst everyone else had over 1-2 feet!!

28thnovember2010016snowylake4.jpg

Pretty much similar levels for here, certainly not 1 to 2 feet !

• Like 1

Posted

Thats quite a shocker of a stat. AGW dare I say.. :diablo:

Beware it includes PWS but on the whole you get an idea. The air is drier in SE.

It was a decent cover in Coventry Dec 2010 I was there! 2 or 3 inches just a mile from you!

Nope I watched the damn thing slide past here, If you like, i'll find the episode in the records tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Hows things in the mod thread?

Major breakdowns?

Posted

Don't be to downbeat guys. This was always going to be marginal. Such horrible setups. I probably sound like a broken record but we still have February and even March to go. March 2013 delivered some great snow for this area so there's still time. It is frustrating when the met and bbc show heavy snow signals only a few hours before the event and for them not to come off. It shows just how hard it is to forecast these marginal events. Chins up folks

• Like 2

Posted

Snowing heavily here.

Heavy blob result :) Wont last 15 minutes though..

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow all very doom and gloom here. Not sure it really ever looked that great for you. Was always going to be a patchy mix. See the Meto is mostly going for rain after Midnight now for most of you. Just think of me who has not really seen any snow here in Falmouth!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hows things in the mod thread?

Major breakdowns?

very quiet, back to square 1 really, I'm looking for signs of cold in deep FI, dosen't seem to be any away from Scotland

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Pretty much similar levels for here, certainly not 1 to 2 feet !

The December 2010 event? That was a corker for Leicester really. Had 3 inches of snow overnight that stuck around for days!

Then Jan 2013, we saw quite a bit of snow again. I remember the Jan 2013 cold spell well because I was working as a Carer and cycling from house to house! A few times I nearly ended up on my backside but I remember we had snow on the ground for over a week and at one point we had 3-4 inches on the ground.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Still snizzle here, with an occasional snow flake mixed in.

temp up to 1.1C now with dewpoint at -1.4C still.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

People shouldn't be surprised these up and downgrades happen all the time in southern britain, can't say i am.