Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Snow again now, and having a go at settling. Temp +1.5 °C.

Posted

Just been on the school run and one of the parents said her hubby works for the council and he is on standby to get the snow ploughs out. I would take that but really ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Is that lot from west coast of wales supposed to come this was in the pivot or is it a devil oping situation?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

And so the fun and games begin........glad to hear a lot of you reporting snow falling.... lets all hope this is just the start of it for many...

Just out of curiosity what do you guy n girls do when the snow starts to fall?? do you stand at the window watching?? or do you kick back and chill...

Me im a window watching lamp post guy.

Posted

Bad news on the updates warnings from the met office for some of you guys in the midlands. They now expect snow to turn to rain later in the night. I.E the further south of the wanring area the quicker it turns to rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Noticed the MetO have downgraded their warnings to 2-5cm for most particularly above 150m, and those towards south of the warning area are likely to see rain at some point.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

And so the fun and games begin........glad to hear a lot of you reporting snow falling.... lets all hope this is just the start of it for many...

Just out of curiosity what do you guy n girls do when the snow starts to fall?? do you stand at the window watching?? or do you kick back and chill...

Lampost and normally drive to the highest mountain clent or lickey hills. Then take the kids sledging.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Yes turning to rain by mid evening if local forecasts are to be believed.

Posted

Exactly mate, North Yorkshire, Pennines, maybe at a squeeze South Yorkshire to bear the brunt. Rain by 12am in the midlands looking at the charts

Noticed the MetO have downgraded their warnings to 2-5cm for most particularly above 150m, and those towards south of the warning area are likely to see rain at some point.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

That was unexpected! moderate snow started out of nowhere.

Yep snowing here in Telford and back home towards Wolverhampton in South Staffs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Temp has fallen to 1 °C and there are some nice big flakes coming down now. Road is mostly white, grass is on the white side of green, a bit like after a good frost.

I go out in it! I need to do that to see the lamp-post properly, but in any case I like behaving like a six-year-old when it snows. :p

Bad news on the updates warnings from the met office for some of you guys in the midlands. They now expect snow to turn to rain later in the night. I.E the further south of the wanring area the quicker it turns to rain

Not really a huge surprise, even if it is a shame; I'd much rather have dry than rain, since then the little snow I have got might stay around a bit. But still, even temporary snow is more than many of us expected yesterday afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted

Downgrade if you were looking at 1pm this afternoon. Upgrade if you looking at 8am this morning.

Very fluid situation. So hard to pinpoint who will see the most. It was supposed to be us on Boxing day but ended up far further north and we got a lot of rain.

Still remember 4th February 2012. Where I am was so so lucky. I was convinced that it was going to turn to rain but I was very wrong and we got a good snow event. Turned out I was lucky by literally 5 to 10 miles!

So northerners think they're going to see the most...they might well do and probably have more chance of doing so. I wouldn't rule anything out. It could well turn to rain here...it has done before!

• Like 1

Posted

Local Weather Station reading at RAF Cosford Temp +2ºC Dew Point -3ºC

http://skylinkweather.com/metar/metarmapindex.php

Posted

4pm update from MetO similar to earlier forecasts for my area.

Edit to add - we're currently at 0.7 degrees, clouding over after a beautiful sunny day

post-14258-0-82343600-1421772834_thumb.p

Edited by LadyEv06
  • Like 1

Posted

Mine forecast still gives heavy snow at midnight even so the guy from North says rain later. And it's started to snow now, and it's 4 mins early 😜

Edited by i love snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Very fine snow falling here. Will take a long time for that to build up into anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Very fine snow falling here. Will take a long time for that to build up into anything!

Just imagine how much weaker it will be by the time it reaches us in east mids :p I still have my hopes up though, despite what MetO are saying about rain.

I am hanging my expensive reference grade calibrated food thermometer out the window as we speak to get an accurate temperature ;)

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Is this thing surposed to explode or something cause don't look like a lot of precipitation from south west?