Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I sense this may be another mainly Peak District and Snowdonia event - orographic enhancement.

Well of course they will be the biggest winners, but they are certainly not the only places getting snowfall and accumulation.

• Like 1

Posted

EURO4 6z shows heavy snow for a time in the E Mids, but little accumulation. It seems to me that the conditions are primed for accumulation with a dry ground, low enough DP and ppn heavy. Let's see if it's right!

I wonder if they will consider splitting this thread into W Mids/E Mids as that could cause some frustration later on.

I find that very odd, surely if we get a period of heavy snow then it will settle given the conditions tonight.

Given the size of the region its very possible us in the East could be disappointed however who knows, definitely a wait & see on this one. My main concern is the front coming in doesn't look that potent to give anyone a period of heavy snow certainly not over here in the East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

i'm not convinced based just on recent rollercoaster of upgrades and downgrades. i expect nothing but hope for something. when i see snow falling then i will believe it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh many reports of snow in wales already

Edit will beat me to it

Ppn looks better than expected as well

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Is it just me or does it look to far West for us

It does seem to moving north

But i do think it's to develop when it gets to midlands

Edited by i love snow

Posted

could be another epic 24hours here, I liked SM risk map, put me in two overlapping sweet spots.

luckly work tomorrow, that's if I can get out is in The Peak District all day, BBC weather report showed snow for 18 to 20 hours.

:yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo:  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Is stoke in a good spot for snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Is it just me or does it look to far West for us

Pretty sure another band appears later today.

Actually I might be getting confused.. can't remember now.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Annoying thing living in East Mids is I have to sit here for hours watching all your westerners talk about snow before it arrives/fizzles out in Leicestershire :p 

• Like 2

Posted

Well it's about time us West midlanders got a good dumping

Pretty sure West Mids nearly always does better than East (bar peak district). Most systems that arrives from the west dies out the further it gets towards east mids :(

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

I am right in thinking its another band coming in  later which peps us what is currently in wales which hits the Midlands. The annoying thing about living in Nottingham during these West to east snow events is that we're only 40 miles away from Birmingham & they can be being hammered while we don't see a flake although I have known it to be raining in Brum while snowing here LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Sky looks pretty clear to the west from where i am at the moment, and it's a nice sunny afternoon, so don't be surprised at another downgrade, i,m not saying there will be one, but there is a history of it.

Posted

Sky looks pretty clear to the west from where i am at the moment, and it's a nice sunny afternoon, so don't be surprised at another downgrade, i,m not saying there will be one, but there is a history of it.

Snow is still a good 5-7 hours away from Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted

Pretty sure West Mids nearly always does better than East (bar peak district). Most systems that arrives from the west dies out the further it gets towards east mids :(

Agreed, here in Nottingham we often appear to miss out. When snow arrives from the West, it often lost most of its potency or peetred out by time it hits us or if its coming from the East too far inland to benifit from snow showers that come in from the North Sea

• Like 1

Posted

Agreed, here in Nottingham we often appear to miss out. When snow arrives from the West, it often lost most of its potency or peetred out by time it hits us or if its coming from the East too far inland to benifit from snow showers that come in from the North Sea

Yup. 

Basically, very central England e.g Leicester/Notts/Northampton gets the weaker stuff from all directions. Other than very south, has to be one of the worst places in the UK for frequent accumulating snowfall.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Wrf nmm is good for.for the midlands but i really do think we need the band of snow to pep up that currently forecast otherwise it could be difficult getting the 3-8cms forecast! !

Posted

Have to say I'm usually quite fortunate in my area of Nottinghamshire we often see snow - whether a good dumping or a flurry.