Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Met Office now suggesting that light snow will start in my area as early as 8pm tonight and be pretty well continuous albeit light throughout Wednesday daylight hours. Therefore, much more hopeful of at least a covering now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Got to love the weather, the same weather lady on radio Nottingham who only yesterday was talking rain is now talking snow for everyone tonight

Just showed how marginal it was that they just couldnt call it.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Warning to be issued for the Midlands  :):yahoo:  :clapping:  :whistling:

Warnings re tonight-tomorrow will be issued this morning. Wales, Midlands and parts of N at greatest risk of disruptive snow. 

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82300-model-output-discussion-16th-jan-12z-onwards-smile-while-you-post/page-54#entry3131728

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted

Warnings to be issued later this morning for the midlands according to Ian Fergusson :) Model thread.

Finally! Was panicking a little bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Please let Northampton get some decent snow this evening and tomorrow.  I will be happy for a few cms of lying snow if that is all we are going to get this winter. 

Posted

Still a cold -0.9c here, Dp -2.7c  and overcast milky sky's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Gfs 06z is not the best tbh

Is there anypoint looking at GFS in this time frame ? Surely won't be as accurate as the high res models 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

BBC Showing 4hours of light snow, followed by 10 hours of heavy snow and finished off with another 4 hours of light snow..... that will do for me... even If I don't see another flake all winter it wont bother me (honest)... got the bean bag chair in prime spot by the back door over looking the lamp post...

Posted

Is there anypoint looking at GFS in this time frame ? Surely won't be as accurate as the high res models

Ive known it to out perform the high res models before so always take it into consideration. Generally though it shouldnt be as accurate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Think we are too low here in Warwickshire for proper snow....I expect sleet .....What do you think Serendipity?   however I do work in Lutterworth so maybe I'll see some up there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think we are too low here in Warwickshire for proper snow....I expect sleet .....What do you think Serendipity?   however I do work in Lutterworth so maybe I'll see some up there....

Yes I agree, I find we tend to get rain or sleet in marginal situations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

BBC Showing 4hours of light snow, followed by 10 hours of heavy snow and finished off with another 4 hours of light snow..... that will do for me... even If I don't see another flake all winter it wont bother me (honest)... got the bean bag chair in prime spot by the back door over looking the lamp post...

think we all know, you are in prime/sweet spot, because of elevation and further east

Posted

There comes a point where it goes past forecasting, and becomes observing.  I think we are nearing that point now, and there seems to be a lack of cohesion from any sources, so we're better of waiting and seeing.  Looking at the radar the front looks pretty slow moving.

Overnight low of -4.9C recorded in Dudley here.

Edited by dudleyweather1