Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

what the hell are MET O UP TO for my location its showing snow from Tuesday 9.00pm to Thursday 6.00am,

sometimes you just have to laugh at computer predictions, good to see though.

• Like 2

Posted

Big upgrade here too for snow. Starting at 1800 today and continuous for over 24 hours! Believe it when I see it, but you never know ...

Meanwhile a very cold morning with an overnight low of -6.8C. Perfect landing conditions for snow!

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Big upgrade here too for snow. Starting at 1800 today and continuous for over 24 hours! Believe it when I see it, but you never know ...

Meanwhile a very cold morning with an overnight low of -6.8C. Perfect landing conditions for snow!

surely a weather warning carol just said could be problems in west mids
  • Like 1

Posted

MetO now has me down for snow from 10pm and all through tomorrow, hmmm....

Posted

Very good news!!! Ecm sticks to its forecast of the midlands getting hamemree by snow and now the euro4 joins in!! Looks like the nmm was right!! Keep an eye on the uppers though cos they do get very close to -3!! On the other hand we do have a slight south/south east flow so should keep down point on the right side!!!

Posted

Very good news!!! Ecm sticks to its forecast of the midlands getting hamemree by snow and now the euro4 joins in!! Looks like the nmm was right!! Keep an eye on the uppers though cos they do get very close to -3!! On the other hand we do have a slight south/south east flow so should keep down point on the right side!!!

Could you chuck a couple of charts up for us shaky ? Cheers

• Like 1

Posted

Although the MetO algorithmic not-a-forecast now has me down for a couple of spells of light snow tonight and tomorrow, instead of rain, the model output itself suggests more likely just rain down here ....   Very marginal for me, but perhaps a chance of some flakes though not expecting a covering on the ground.

Meanwhile, at -4.1c I saw my lowest temp this morning since 14th March 2013 and joint lowest since 11th Feb 2012.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I wouldn't be too worried , the uppers never get higher that -3 and that's for me at the southern tip of the mids ,but think my height will keep me safe this time , it's interesting that the front doesn't really have a notable warm sector , normally you would have a warm mixing zone where the uppers go to at lease 0c normally the other side of negative , but the mixing zone gets mixed out mainly . I think we'r gonna get some upgrades aswell today , just got a feeling .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The ctucial thing is its coming at night if this was day i would say it had no chance but seems like met has upgraded the midlands chances even south midlands that has to be good.

Posted

I wouldn't be too worried , the uppers never get higher that -3 and that's for me at the southern tip of the mids ,but think my height will keep me safe this time , it's interesting that the front doesn't really have a notable warm sector , normally you would have a warm mixing zone where the uppers go to at lease 0c normally the other side of negative , but the mixing zone gets mixed out mainly . I think we'r gonna get some upgrades aswell today , just got a feeling .

yeh mate that and its seriously cold out there!! Leicester has got down to -4 or -5 last night so perfect surface cold! !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

At this range surely they can be more certain? They just have no idea, and that baffles me with the technology they have to hand.

• Like 1

Posted

On carols latest forecast she mentioned bham being quite high so bodes well

It's all the failed snow attempts, it's enough to drive anyone to drugs :-D

• Like 1

Posted

Who is confused met and bbc now have my area down for 24 hours of snow could this really happen. What is going on

If its true sheff is going to look very silly tonite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I do think higher areas will see snow. I don't think my area will see anything though so would advise caution so as to not be disappointed!

Posted

Who is confused met and bbc now have my area down for 24 hours of snow could this really happen. What is going onIf its true sheff is going to look very silly tonite

we just don't know, hopefully a met warning will shred some light but there is still a lot of uncertainty, 8:15 carol forecast has been put back 10 mins hmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperature minimum of -4.7C here in Soliull.

Currently dry with increasing cloud to the West.

Temperature still at -4.1C 

Still nowcasting I see....

Could be good for us.

MIA

Edit Yes I have Carol  on at the moment. WAIT FOR IT.

I had it correct last night. A low did form over the south of Ireland, it is slowly drifting towards South West England. 

It is having the effect of moving the wind to the SE.   P U R F E C T

Snow moving in to all of the MIDLANDS during the evening and lasting 24 hours.

12 Hours are described as being disruptive on any high ground. She suggested that most of the Midlands will be covered.

Yea

BBC METO on board!!!

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted

If they havent put a warning out in the next few hours i will be very suprised

Posted

Well decent forecast from carol, shows snow from about 9pm for Midlands, lingers through till tomorrow afternoon, she mentioned southern northern England, Wales and Midlands should see it settle and there is a chance of seeing 'disruptive' snow above 100m which she mentions is most of us.

So looks like we could be the right side of marginal but just need the ppn to be there, I'll be on later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

If they havent put a warning out in the next few hours i will be very suprised

From what i've noticed they normally issue warnings late morning i.e. 10 or 11am, after the 06z GFS/METO has came out I presume.

I'm not sure what we will see accumulation wise. But i'm pretty confident we will see some good snowfall at some point at least. Possibly washed away by rain at some point but some snow is better than no snow!

I am still hoping for upgrades as we get closer though.

• Like 1