Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks good for snow, Friday night more snow? not thinking that yet, GFS only model to show another slider, temps at 0C 6pm friday before front moves in

need other models on board

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

On the cycle ride home from work, I can confirm there was some snizzle here. Very light but it could be classed as snow nonetheless!

Posted

I'll send a few around to have a chew on.... I'm sure a few N'w  Midlanders may have a number of hats they need to get rid of :hi:

Chin up Wolf :D

Ha ha. Lets hope for some decent snow this week.

We deserve it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Is the MetO hourly forecast based off the GFS ?

Has just occured to me that intensity and time wise, the MetO hourly forecast for the Wednesday snow event ties in perfectly with what the 18z GFS charts are saying. 

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just had a butchers at the 18z. Anyone know who J.R from WWF/WWE is? Well that was my reaction when I saw the charts for Tuesday and Wednesday... "GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTYYY!!!" Haha. That is an insane run for the whole of the Midlands, Oxford included!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Just had a butchers at the 18z. Anyone know who J.R from WWF/WWE is? Well that was my reaction when I saw the charts for Tuesday and Wednesday... "GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTYYY!!!" Haha. That is an insane run for the whole of the Midlands, Oxford included!

Now if we fast forward 95 years into the future and saw that chart again, I might actually be confident of it coming off ;) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Is the MetO hourly forecast based off the GFS ?

Has just occured to me that intensity and time wise, the MetO hourly forecast for the Wednesday snow event ties in perfectly with what the 18z GFS charts are saying. 

Wasn't going to say it :whistling: but that's what my thoughts was earlier, weird how the met's update at 21:00 was almost the same as the GFS output!!!

Posted

It's been snowing lightly here for an hour now, nothing settling but snowing non the less :-D

Posted

Stone cold, Stone cold!

• Like 1

Posted

How much snow could we be looking at if the latest charts ca

Depends who you talk to.  ive heard people say  it will be a wintry mix  others saying  snowmagedon.   Events like this always have a habit of suprisng  people, My thoughts are up to 10cm with height.

Posted

How much snow could we be looking at if the latest charts came off?

Looking at the latest NNM charts it shows PPN coming in late Tues evening and hanging around until teatime Weds, at best 10cm...

But the devil is in the detail... I'm sure that'll change! http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfarw.php

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Depends who you talk to.  ive heard people say  it will be a wintry mix  others saying  snowmagedon.   Events like this always have a habit of suprisng  people, My thoughts are up to 10cm with height.

Looking at the latest NNM charts it shows PPN coming in late Tues evening and hanging around until teatime Weds, at best 10cm...

But the devil is in the detail... I'm sure that'll change! http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfarw.php

Would that be 10cm across the mids or just the lucky spots lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Snowing here in Bewdley right now! Light and small flakes, but it's not just sleet and is settling gently on cars.

Posted

Luckily a work colleague couldnt make thursday so I've had my shift changed from wednesday, maybe a sign hahs

Anyway had some light snow which I saw when clearing up the dock earlier

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
Posted

I did say the nmm had increasingly started turning the band of precipitation to snow in the last 2 runs and finally the gfs has caught on! !! Latest nmm is the same snow for much of the midlands! !

• Like 1

Posted

I think there's a few trying to turn the model thread into the Daily Express! I seriously doubt that there will be enough snow/rain to make any meaningful amount away from hills. The met don't seem concerned & that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Ooh, good luck! :) Can't help noticing from an IMBY perspective, though, that I'm now right on the western edge of the snow cone. So maybe actually a slight downgrade for me from SM's first map. :p Certainly nail-biting time for the likes of Herefordshire and W Shropshire. Obviously things can and will change between now and then, so not getting het up.

Edited by Arctic Hare