Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Cheers for the good news Shaky i think it will go down to the wire and Steve Murrs track was done after the 12z based on the ukmo. I think today has increased our chances overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

When is steve murr post for?? Tues or wed??

for wed, looks promising, but models for end of the week trending the wrong way, still FI though,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Little video recording of today's wet snow in Solihull / Southern Birmingham. 

Started as rain, but turned to heavy wet snow within 30 minutes before getting a bit sleetier and lighter towards the end. 

Nice to also see the continued encouraging signs from Shaky and Steve Murr of possible snow still for Tuesday (even though it could easily be mostly concentrated on high ground. But who knows, that day could still surprise us). And hopefully next week will also offer the chance to smash up the snow shields of those who missed out on the wintry weather today. Certainly some exciting weather coming up anyway. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Typical woman! I'm never happy lol

Just saw that Met office has given me a snowflake symbol Tues and all day Wednesday should be YAY but I am still fed up because I don't want the 1 flake I want the 2 flake symbols! Oh well..they will probably take my one flake away in a minute anyway...as per usual

• Like 1

Posted

Now yet another band of showers set to slide 5 miles west as the winds have turned NE, unbelievable the lengths the snow shield will go to  :laugh:  :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Typical woman! I'm never happy lol

Just saw that Met office has given me a snowflake symbol Tues and all day Wednesday should be YAY but I am still fed up because I don't want the 1 flake I want the 2 flake symbols! Oh well..they will probably take my one flake away in a minute anyway...as per usual

gives me light snow tuesday from 6pm, (dry before then) sleet wed, then light rain wed pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks for those uplifting words shakeh :D that has raised my hopes a tad

hello you old scrote!.....where have you been hiding?

btw, you're in the wrong thread......you're one of us darn sarf now.....lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

gives me light snow tuesday from 6pm, (dry before then) sleet wed, then light rain wed pm

always hopeless I never bother with that now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Now yet another band of showers set to slide 5 miles west as the winds have turned NE, unbelievable the lengths the snow shield will go to  :laugh:  :(

It is a joke living here don't understand it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

hello you old scrote!.....where have you been hiding?

btw, you're in the wrong thread......you're one of us darn sarf now.....lol

Hello you old codger :p haha, I have no idea why I haven't been on here for ages to be honest. Been quite busy with work and i kind of got out of the habit of coming on the forums. I don't plan on leaving again for now though :) don't know why I left it so long to start posting again!

Well, I can see no South Central thread and i'm not joining the South East thread ;) I feel at home in the Midlands thread. My broad Lestoh accent goes well in here! People can't understand me half the time down here anyway haha :D

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I see you are as optimistic as ever youngling..... Pmsl... Eyes north and turn up the floodlights...  :ninja:

Duuuude!! Good to see you are still here :D still doing your gardening mr titchmarsh? :p

Posted

My misses just travelled from shrews to crew green. Half way here said it's snowing and white over. Got hone and no snow at all. Very narrow band of snow. Bout 2 mins dwn road frm me grrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Haha... yep still here, just generally lurking! :ninja:  More landscape than gardening nowadays, whole makeovers instead of running round like a fool with a mower! :hi: Hows life down south?

Posted

Haha... yep still here, just generally lurking! :ninja: More landscape than gardening nowadays, whole makeovers instead of running round like a fool with a mower! :hi: Hows life down south?

Haha!! Exactly, you are like titchmarsh on ground force :p glad the business is going well. Yeah life down here is quite good actually. I prefer the quality of life in Oxfordshire to Leicester but the cost of living is a lot more!!

Andy left this forum as a boy and has come back as a man. And there's still no snow.

Lmao! Same old same old. Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Someone said this in the model thread.

"Sweet spots (anything up to 10cm showing though with caveat of optimistic 10:1 ratio) - N Hamps, Berks, Bucks, E Oxf, Northants, in to Leices/Notts"

I'll take that :D

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

"Sweet spots (anything up to 10cm showing though with caveat of optimistic 10:1 ratio) - N Hamps, Berks, Bucks, E Oxf, Northants, in to Leices/Notts"

My words

And I would urge caution, not only due to liquid equivalent ratio used, but also given it's simply one run :)

Plenty of water to go under the bridge before then but given current modelling of the stall zone at face value being towards the east of this region would not be a bad place to be at all

SK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Andy left this forum as a boy and has come back as a man. And there's still no snow.

Lol...

Posted

The "into Leices/Notts" part must have been an error. We know that Leicester only ever gets more than 5cm of snow once every hundred years. The last time was December 2010. So the next decent snowfall in Leicester will be in approximately 95 years time :p

Posted

My misses just travelled from shrews to crew green. Half way here said it's snowing and white over. Got hone and no snow at all. Very narrow band of snow. Bout 2 mins dwn road frm me grrr

Crewgreen? Thats lower than here! Oh yeah, forgot, its just outside Shropshire. Rain here, again...