Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

No surprise that an ice warning has just been issued after this afternoon's activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It was rain here too even though we were under the heavy blob.

Posted

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82300-model-output-discussion-16th-jan-12z-onwards-smile-while-you-post/?p=3128174

Re. Wednesday what are we Midlanders to make of Steve Murr's post in the MOD thread..?

Post #677 if the link won't work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

steve Murrs ukmo looks FAB though

Just picking up on the model thread on what S Murr is forecasting for Weds.....my interpretation :yahoo:

BLUE = is forecast SNOW zone..... RED= sweet spot.

post-1235-0-36788700-1421597933.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yes UKMO does look decent.

Also MetO have me down for light rain from 7pm to 9pm. Trying to figure out where that comes from, can't see anything due to hit us on the radar.

Met office are rubbish they had me down for a cloudy day but bone dry it ended up bright sunshine and snow showers they will change trust me.

• Like 1

Posted

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82300-model-output-discussion-16th-jan-12z-onwards-smile-while-you-post/?p=3128174

Re. Wednesday what are we Midlanders to make of Steve Murr's post in the MOD thread..?

Post #677 if the link won't work.

Just picking up on the model thread on what S Murr is forecasting for Weds.....my interpretation :yahoo:

Sure there will be some interested in the upcoming wintry spell regarding these two post's

FINGERS CROSSED for the Midlands.... What a lovely charts if that's what you want to call it :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

I'll take it with a huge pinch of grit-salt, there is a curse upon the Midlands that we shall have to watch countries such as South Africa, Morocco and Saudi Arabia, getting more snow than us, whilst we flitter the hours away watching fronts fizzle out before arriving, or the dew points being too high for snow.

It's so frustrating! :-(

• Like 1

Posted

By the way, here's some pictures of 2012's hoar frosts.

photosfromphone21stjan131755_zps5cce416d

photosfromphone21stjan131768_zpsa095e472

Now if we get frosts like that, even if we don't get snow, then I'll forgive the weather :-)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I'm good thanks fizzychops! How about you? Haha, after last Winter being snowless, any snow this Winter is a bonus!

Fizzychops.

Yep, Andy's back....

• Like 1

Posted

I think there still could be one or two bits and pieces still to come through this evening. Not necessarily for where I am but for those a little bit further west.

If I was in Telford or Shropshire, I'd be watching those showers bubbling up around Liverpool. It's a bit too much of a northerly bias to get them in here now but I think this thread could still see one or two more reports of wintryness this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'll take it with a huge pinch of grit-salt, there is a curse upon the Midlands that we shall have to watch countries such as South Africa, Morocco and Saudi Arabia, getting more snow than us, whilst we flitter the hours away watching fronts fizzle out before arriving, or the dew points being too high for snow.

It's so frustrating! :-(

wednesdays front dosen't even make it this far east, tuesday, just rain and sleet, 12Z GFS gives us virtually no snow, then friday the Atlantic is back

Posted

wednesdays front dosen't even make it this far east, tuesday, just rain and sleet, 12Z GFS gives us virtually no snow, then friday the Atlantic is back

One model run though. You should know better than anyone with your good memory for past events that rain/snow lines can move at the last minute. Things can adjust right up to the last minute. It may turn out the way that you just described. It may not...there are other solutions on the table right now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Having just had another look at the 12z run, I think some parts of the Midlands have a chance of seeing snow on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Height will be a big factor though. Anywhere above 250m would have a decent chance I think but it doesn't look great for low ground.

Timing is also bad at the moment! The timing of the front on Tuesday is the worst possible really. It seems to arrive in the West Midlands around lunchtime. If it were to arrive in the late evening/overnight I think snow chances would be much better.

Temps look to be dropping to between 0 and 1c later on in the night, but that's once the PPN has cleared away!

Typical really.

Posted

One model run though. You should know better than anyone with your good memory for past events that rain/snow lines can move at the last minute. Things can adjust right up to the last minute. It may turn out the way that you just described. It may not...there are other solutions on the table right now.

its not so much rain/snow lines, but the fact wednesdays ppn, looks like staying out west, SM post looked good but was it before 12Z? cos i'm in sweet spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

This is looking like it could be the only snowman I will be making in Solihull this week

⛄ï¸

• Like 1

Posted

Right another update and this time the nmm 12z! ! Good news peeps the Tuesday front is snowfall all the way now for the midlands and slightly heavier aswell! ! Just though I'd give us midlanders something to cheer about! !

• Like 5

Posted

We all know how much you love the Atlantic, be my guest :hi:   but maybe not as soon as what you think or the GFS if that matters :p

missyou-1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

We all know how much you love the Atlantic, be my guest :hi:   but maybe not as soon as what you think or the GFS if that matters :p

missyou-1.jpg

Atlantic 252, 00-01 yeah, hate the pond though, but that is our weather in winter, Atlantic air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Having just had another look at the 12z run, I think some parts of the Midlands have a chance of seeing snow on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Height will be a big factor though. Anywhere above 250m would have a decent chance I think but it doesn't look great for low ground.

Timing is also bad at the moment! The timing of the front on Tuesday is the worst possible really. It seems to arrive in the West Midlands around lunchtime. If it were to arrive in the late evening/overnight I think snow chances would be much better.

Temps look to be dropping to between 0 and 1c later on in the night, but that's once the PPN has cleared away!

Typical really.

I see you are as optimistic as ever youngling..... Pmsl... Eyes north and turn up the floodlights...  :ninja:

Posted

Right another update and this time the nmm 12z! ! Good news peeps the Tuesday front is snowfall all the way now for the midlands and slightly heavier aswell! ! Just though I'd give us midlanders something to cheer about! !

true shaky, FAX charts posted in model thread, looks good Wednesday, but things trending west, looks more like yesterdays GFS

Posted

Atlantic 252, 00-01 yeah, hate the pond though, but that is our weather in winter, Atlantic air

Not this week :cold: :cold: :cold: That S Murr chart was based on the 12z UKMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Thanks for those uplifting words shakeh :D that has raised my hopes a tad

Posted

Not this week :cold: :cold: :cold: That S Murr chart was based on the 12z UKMO.

think he has done same with ECM? fax charts good, GFS looks too far west

Posted

I see the Meto forecasts snow for Tues/Weds, but don't hold your breath,as their website forecasts change every 15 minutes.

For about 30 minutes the Metoffice showed heavy snow for today in my area on Friday afternoon, but was soon taken down.

The website is automated until an actual real person updates it nearer to the event.