Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah 2013 was localised I got 20-25cm out of Jan 2013 and March 2013, the later giving some great drifts!

Band moving down from N now hopefully it can keep its intensity

Rain all the way that, but wednesday seems better? front seems to stall over midlands rather than pushing east, Fridays slider misses us to the west

Welcome back Andy! see you're not in leicester now

Posted

Latest nmm has all snow event for midlands and east anglia on Wednesday! !and also all of a sudden Tuesdays precipitation is heavier and mostly snow from central midlands north and eastwards!! Yesterday it was showing a wintry mix so maybe the hi resolution models are starting to realise the surface cold in place!!

Posted

Rain all the way that, but wednesday seems better? front seems to stall over midlands rather than pushing east, Fridays slider misses us to the west

you refer to the band moving down from northern England atm? But yeah agree there mark, stall and pivot, won't get my hopes up for a couple days though, don't think I can deal with much more stress atm haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

you refer to the band moving down from northern England atm? But yeah agree there mark, stall and pivot, won't get my hopes up for a couple days though, don't think I can deal with much more stress atm haha

yeah coming from north all rain, tuesday mostly rain, Wed is where the interest is, but ppn does look light,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

*Pops head around door* The old place don't change much :D

Well, well. As mysteriously as snow appearing from nowhere, Andy reappears!

How're you doing chap? Popped by to remind yourself of the agonies of the snowless Midlands?

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Latest nmm has all snow event for midlands and east anglia on Wednesday! !and also all of a sudden Tuesdays precipitation is heavier and mostly snow from central midlands north and eastwards!! Yesterday it was showing a wintry mix so maybe the hi resolution models are starting to realise the surface cold in place!!

No words :good:

I think by the time it does land 'IF'.....We'll all be that knack-ed to enjoy it  :laugh:

Posted

yeah coming from north all rain, tuesday mostly rain, Wed is where the interest is, but ppn does look light,

wouldnt write off Tuesday just yet, let's see how the more hi res models handle it, and yeah light but more long lasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hope so! Seeing it snow on Tuesday (rather than it being rain/sleet) would be a nice bonus.

Also welcome back Andy. Great to see you back on here. :) Let's hope for those of us who want to see wintry weather that our councils will remember to turn off our snow shields (which, again, looks quite possible for this upcoming week). :cold:

Posted

No words :good:

I think by the time it does land 'IF'.....We'll all be that knack-ed to enjoy it  :laugh:

haha I'm tied down with A level exams and finalising uni decisions this and next week so not great timing, oh well!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well some very dark grey cloud has just appeared over the hills and looks to be heading my way.... could see some action here soon fingers crossed...

Posted

Watching the football looks like it's snowing in Manchester! ,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hellooo :) yep, i've been in Oxfordshire for 2 years now. Moved down to the infamous 'Abingdon snowless zone' in 2013 and moved just down the road to Kennington last month. I didn't see a flake of snow all last Winter but saw a dusting yesterday morning which was a nice surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I can't really get excited these days unless it show the night before as in my area, marginal events are ALWAYS a disappointment. Even last night the showers were pure rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, well. As mysteriously as snow appearing from nowhere, Andy reappears!

How're you doing chap? Popped by to remind yourself of the agonies of the snowless Midlands?

:D

I'm good thanks fizzychops! How about you? Haha, after last Winter being snowless, any snow this Winter is a bonus!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Been a lovely cold day here in Notts and finally we get some precipitation and it falls as rain, you couldn't make it up!!!  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I'm good thanks fizzychops! How about you? Haha, after last Winter being snowless, any snow this Winter is a bonus!

I like Good Omens hope your the man to be that with you coming back and all that :hi::D

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Heavier blob approaching Wolverhampton could turn to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few pitifully light snow flurries in the last half hour, all the heavier stuff seems have gone to the south west.

Posted

A rain/snow shower came through here about 15 min ago, lasted about half a hour. No lying snow, temp 3.3c.