Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I think whatever snow falls here will be overnight tonight so be interesting to see what's down in the morning  :) Some nice short sharp hail showers today. 

Posted

That's true I guess
Nice to see some positive mental attitude, the model thread is borderline suicidal!

Hopefully will see at least some snow tomorrow

Well it's only weather isn't it. Looking more forward to the prospect of two lie ins, being able to have a drink in the evening and walking the dog more than anything that falls out of the sky this weekend. Now had there been a monster blizzard forecast....(disclaimer: there hasn't!)

Although admittedly the pleasantness of the dog walk does have a direct link to the weather!

Posted

Boooooo no drink as I'm on dry January can't wait to see what happens driving over to the ipro in the morning hopefully some snow but not enough to postpone it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Boooooo no drink as I'm on dry January can't wait to see what happens driving over to the ipro in the morning hopefully some snow but not enough to postpone it

How many sugars do you have :laugh:  Same here! having a lovely cup of tea seeing if it's going to snow or not...... Can't be bad :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Hubby's Falconry Experience Christmas present on Sunday. Wonder if birds of Prey like the snow?

Me and the daughter will be shivering spectators lol

Posted

Why is itv central weather saying heavy snow on Sunday? I've not seen anything about this?

God knows   it all over the radio that  the blackcountry will receive approx 4 inches  of snow tonight    think its a case of looking out of the window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looks like stoke may see some snow soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

God knows   it all over the radio that  the blackcountry will receive approx 4 inches  of snow tonight    think its a case of looking out of the window

Aha 4 inches. Most likely not! But there is a weather warning out for 2-4cms

Posted

Why is itv central weather saying heavy snow on Sunday? I've not seen anything about this?

NOOOOOO..... James Madden is now working for ITV Central weather..... :rofl:

NOOOOOO .... And Radio :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

Cup of tea and scone for me..I will be watching the lamppost tonight waiting and hoping. Oh well at least if it freezes it's good for picking the dog poo up..;)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Its snowing

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Blimey. The MetO forecast for me has gone from 1 hour of snow tomorrow morning to 5 hours of snow! (5am to 10 am).

If that forecast disappears with the next update, I shall go and jump off Coventry pier!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well done Midlanders. Just been in and out of various threads on the site. Lovely and calm in here as always.

There is a chance of showers coming through early tomorrow morning I think but nothing to get too excited about...worth looking out for though.

Now, seeing we have the atmosphere right in here. Who's having a beer and who's having wine?

Cobra's tonight for me.... trying to force the pub run into a Cobra run later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Stella for me

Wish I had the snow to go with it â„ï¸post-22999-0-52502100-1421437752_thumb.j

Edited by Snowsie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Blimey. The MetO forecast for me has gone from 1 hour of snow tomorrow morning to 5 hours of snow! (5am to 10 am).

If that forecast disappears with the next update, I shall go and jump off Coventry pier!

Remember to check the percentages  :) It has me down for 5 hours to, but only ranging from 50 to 30% each hour.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Now, seeing we have the atmosphere right in here. Who's having a beer and who's having wine?

I'll have both, if you're paying Gord!  :drunk:

Nice vibes in this thread tonight, in direct contrast to the infamous MOD thread - can't even be bothered to venture in there tonight. I'd rather keep my sanity intact, thank you very much.

Bish

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I'll have both, if you're paying Gord!  :drunk:

Nice vibes in this thread tonight, in direct contrast to the infamous MOD thread - can't even be bothered to venture in there tonight. I'd rather keep my sanity intact, thank you very much.

Bish

Totally agree. A lot of them guys/girls are really smart and talk about stuff i've never heard of. But there seems to be a lack of common sense. The models are disagreeing on events at t48, and yet people are then looking right out to t144 and analyzing every frame and moaning at the lack of cold. Hold up ! we're not even sure what's happening at the weekend yet, so don't go and get caught up on stuff 5 to 7+ days away.

Oh well. It's amusing to watch them squabble. :D

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Totally agree. A lot of them guys/girls are really smart and talk about stuff i've never heard of. But there seems to be a lack of common sense. The models are disagreeing on events at t48, and yet people are then looking right out to t144 and analyzing every frame and moaning at the lack of cold. Hold up ! we're not even sure what's happening at the weekend yet, so don't go and get caught up on stuff 5 to 7+ days away.

Oh well. It's amusing to watch them squabble. :D

very exciting and to be fair thats not surprising cos that nmm chart has a pretty potent line of snow crossing us tomorrow morning! !

Posted

Any snow showers that do make it across end of tonight should settle with ease, down to -1.3c here already and crystal clear skies.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

clear as a bell, -2.5C, my look on models looks like the UKMO and ECM are too far east, looks like leading edge snow Tuesday evening, then rain for Wed, we are on the wrong side of the slider

GFS looks the snowiest, but likely a massive eastward shift on 18Z, to match other 2 models

Posted

This is what Kmanmx was mentioning regarding precipitation probability!........This is my contribution :cold: FINGER-CROSSED :D

post-11006-0-91896400-1421438491_thumb.j

• Like 1