Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

For next week the models are really struggling, so how hell the are we supposed to see how things are going to pan out,

I said this yesterday" I wouldn't fancy being the MET'O this weekend" :wallbash:

ATM the GFS as big differences at 06z compared to 0z at even at 96h, and it will change again come 12z

so regarding any PPN will it be east or west that see's best come the SNOW next week ?????... Don't worry too much about it at this stage!!!

Within t24 looking at the WRF NMM tomorrow morning looks interesting, i will show the update soon as the 06z is still coming out

But the Euro4 shows what the WRF NMM is all about......snow for Sat morning :)

15011706_2_1600.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

For next week the models are really struggling, so how hell the are we supposed to see how things are going to pan out,

I said this yesterday" I wouldn't fancy being the MET'O this weekend" :wallbash:

ATM the GFS as big differences at 06z compared to 12z at even at 96h, and it will change again come 12z

so regarding any PPN will it be east or west that see's best come the SNOW next week ?????... Don't worry too much about it at this stage!!!

Within t24 looking at the WRF NMM tomorrow morning looks interesting, i will show the update soon as the 06z is still coming out

But the Euro4 shows what the WRF NMM is all about......snow for Sat morning :)

15011706_2_1600.gif

Yh dancer wise words tues is a long way off as fi being around sunday at the moment do you think its possible those two bands could merge together giving widespread snow tomoz. Looks likely on the euro4 Edited by snowangel32

Posted

Yh dancer wise words tues is a long way off as fi being around sunday at the moment do you think its possible those two bands could merge together giving widespread snow tomoz. Looks likely on the euro4

if it is an occluded front we're dealing with then I would pay too much attention to the above picture, showing streams of ppn when it would

More likely be a band stretching across the reigion, may get a cm or 2 from it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well its Snowing here now... the hills to the back of me is white out....

• Like 1

Posted

Personally for my location I wouldn't be surprised if this coldish spell goes without seeing any lying snow. Just seems to be a mainly dry spell with a few showers which will be hit & miss. The fronts shown on the fax outputs seem to die out before reaching this far south and any slider I think will be further west

Posted

Met office update say dry now for sat in my area i miss my snow symbols already. Just shows Nmm and the euro4 not that reliable

Posted

WRF NMM is now Showing a more organized band of SNOW for Saturday morning the same as the BBC is showing this morning :D

nmm_uk1-1-24-0_aqa7.pngnmm_uk1-1-25-0_crb3.png

Posted

Met office update say dry now for sat in my area i miss my snow symbols already. Just shows Nmm and the euro4 not that reliable

Your looking at too much detail in the MET'O weather maps! they do show at times HEAVY SNOW in say B'HAM then in SOLIHULL just CLOUD and say back to REDDITCH, HEAVY SNOW again. Just look at tomorrow morning the MET'O have a general idea that a band of more organized showers will cross the MIDLANDS and that snow will fall in most places :) 

But not all :whistling:

Posted

WRF NMM is now Showing a more organized band of SNOW for Saturday morning the same as the BBC is showing this morning :D

nmm_uk1-1-24-0_aqa7.pngnmm_uk1-1-25-0_crb3.png

Yh thats what makes met office update puzzling to me. Also dont like the gfs trends at the moment

Posted

Your looking at too much detail in the MET'O weather maps! they do show at times HEAVY SNOW in say B'HAM then in SOLIHULL just CLOUD and say back to REDDITCH, HEAVY SNOW again. Just look at tomorrow morning the MET'O have a general idea that a band of more organized showers will cross the MIDLANDS and that snow will fall in most places :) 

But not all :whistling:

Ok dancer i still have faith just that it was showing this morning now nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Itv weather were showing snow showers later and tomorrow morning but they may be based on earlier outputs. I am just happy to see blue skies and sunshine rather than murky super dupere.

Posted

Ok dancer i still have faith just that it was showing this morning now nothing.

Can get too confusing, I blame the internet!

What happened to the days when reading weather maps was so simple :laugh:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28404-1382457658-7.anigif_enhanced-buzz-27756-1382457492-0.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold day here, With a snow shower early'er this morning giving a very thin covering.

Currently; Cloudy with a light Snow shower as i type.

Temp 2.3c

Dp 0.5c

WC -1.4c

Wind W/N/W 16mph

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

06Z is looking bad for probably this whole region, tuesdays front stays west, no easterly, Atlantic comes through with a whimper next friday, much like ECM actually

see what the 12Z's say, but this is increasingly looking like cold and dry, followed by temps gradually averaging out

Posted

So far in Dudley, glorious sunshine and feels like a nice spring day.  Cold in the shade but in the sun, quite comfortable.  Temp at 5.6C.

Posted

06Z is looking bad for probably this whole region, tuesdays front stays west, no easterly, Atlantic comes through with a whimper next friday, much like ECM actually

see what the 12Z's say, but this is increasingly looking like cold and dry, followed by temps gradually averaging out

Yesterday evening the 18z was a good run and everybody was upbeat ( MOD THREAD) 12hrs later and doom not boom :cray:

But let me rewind back a week and what was on offer for this coming Monday, no signs of HP over Scandinavia and a full on westerly.

So when theres talk of no easterly and the Atlantic making it's self known again come a week from now...... You know how things can change very quickly!!!

In one week from this

gfs-2015010906-0-240_xuf8.png

TO THIS

gfs-0-84_dkc6.png

Another point as early as yesterday morning there was no talk at all of anything in the channel inwhich could now make it's way inland and as far as the SOUTH MIDLANDS

if it does that is.....Finger crossed  :)  but this wasn't even predicted a day or so ago!!!! so who knows what might happen come next TUESDAY or even next FRIDAY?

• Like 2

Posted

So far in Dudley, glorious sunshine and feels like a nice spring day.  Cold in the shade but in the sun, quite comfortable.  Temp at 5.6C.

Really?    here in sedgley  sky extreamly  dark   think somethings brewing  edit    now staring to snow  and hail

Edited by weirpig