Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Had a sharp hail shower half an hour ago, now the sun is out and it's trying to snow. Temp 5.5c, wind17 mph from S.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

its gone dark and the wind has really whipped up and its very sleety again im sure the odd flake in there as well....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just got caught in a Heavy shower ( just rain i'm afraid ) the wind was really whipping up and still is.... :cold:

Saturday morning is starting to look interesting as a marked trough is heading down from the NW that could deliver a covering of SNOW for some

Some GEFS members are going for alot of PPN but as we all know with SNOW the finer details make all the difference.

Just waiting for the lastest FAX charts to come out......It may lead to nothing but you never know..... One to keep an eye on :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Does anyone know if Northampton can expect to see any significant snow in the next week or will it mostly be confined to the north and west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just got caught in a Heavy shower ( just rain i'm afraid ) the wind was really whipping up and still is.... :cold:

Saturday morning is starting to look interesting as a marked trough is heading down from the NW that could deliver a covering of SNOW for some

Some GEFS members are going for alot of PPN but as we all know with SNOW the finer details make all the difference.

Just waiting for the lastest FAX charts to come out......It may lead to nothing but you never know..... One to keep an eye on :D

Been out  this morning DWW also

Got in just as it went very black.

Looked at the temp it was 6.4C.

Following the shower (now sun out again) it is 3.9C.

Had small blobs on the window facing the west, so thre was something wintry in it, but no flakes (yet)

Off to look at the MOD thread to look at sat morning etc.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

And so it begins..... the Cold and snow are coming... looks like chances aplenty coming up over the next 7-10 days... the chair is positioned by the window looking out toward the lamp post...

Good man.

I am pleased I cut my tree back!!

I knew it just had to be done this year. The neighbours just laughed.

Its coming.......

MIA

• Like 2

Posted

The wind is really increasing a lot here now. Heavy band of rain on radar just about here also.

Posted

Well would you believe it its started snowing and hailing here in leicester and its accumulated on my car!! Surprised as i thought it wasn't cold enough yet but it clearly is!!

• Like 1

Posted

Please take don't these as set in stone, but heres an idea of what we might expect Sat AM

post-11006-0-79057800-1421329054_thumb.j post-11006-0-73383000-1421328114_thumb.j post-11006-0-48204400-1421328305_thumb.j

Cold weather alert issued for over the Weekend    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

You image what it would be if it was RED  (National Emergency)......Love i can't find the car :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Please take don't these as set in stone, but heres an idea of what we might expect Sat AM

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG attachicon.gifCapture.JPG attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Cold weather alert issued for over the Weekend    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

You image what it would be if it was RED  (National Emergency)......Love i can't find the car :laugh:

That looks quite widespread be more than a covering if it happened

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A heavy shower of small hail followed by 5 minutes of snow about an hour ago. The ground was whitened but it's gradually thawing now. The roads were covered in about 1cm of slippery slush.

Posted

Does anyone know if Northampton can expect to see any significant snow in the next week or will it mostly be confined to the north and west?

A bit too early to say, to be honest. I think the further north one is, the greater the chance of seeing something wintry.

Bish

Posted

That looks quite widespread be more than a covering if it happened

640px-Hands-Fingers-Crossed.jpg

Posted

Hilly areas may see some snow but it doesn't look likely any low lying areas will get snow tomorrow or tonight

looking at the bbc forecast.

There don't seem to be many showers tomorrow either looking at the maps they showed earlier.

Hope they are wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Finally Serendipity might get some in Stratford!

Does anyone have any idea how much snow this forecast might mean?

• Like 2

Posted

Hilly areas may see some snow but it doesn't look likely any low lying areas will get snow tomorrow or tonight

looking at the bbc forecast.

There don't seem to be many showers tomorrow either looking at the maps they showed earlier.

Hope they are wrong!

Thats wright...... What makes you think or expecting that we was getting snow tomorrow or even tonight ? Saturday morning is the next stop for SNOW..... Maybe!!! that is :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Finally Serendipity might get some in Stratford!

Does anyone have any idea how much snow this forecast might mean?

I'm doing my snow dance!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

if this turns out to be another 'marginal' snow event I will lose all faith.  Just one or two snow events during a 3-4 month winter is hardly asking for the earth for heaven's sake.  c'mon weather, just do it.

• Like 1

Posted

snow freak; Saturday could be marginal or maybe nowt for some! the best chance of seeing proper SNOW will be early next week

as the Cloud starts increasing on Monday/Tuesday with more Widespread snow into western parts later,

this will be the one that'll be more UK Widespread than a few showers that may or may not come together to give us a covering on Saturday morning, but we will see.

Keep The Faith :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

if this turns out to be another 'marginal' snow event I will lose all faith.  Just one or two snow events during a 3-4 month winter is hardly asking for the earth for heaven's sake.  c'mon weather, just do it.

Its bound to be marginal but they are the ones with the greatest rewards and proper heavy snow I think your area will be ok. All is open to change though and the met have no clue.