Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

First gust over 30 mph at 32, temp going up now 8.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

FizzJust got back in....Love this post. LOLPS I cannot get smilies up when replying to this post. Is it because its on a previous page?The other option is to move house to a place higher up!! Needn't tell hubby the real reason!!MIA

The smilies are a mystery to me, because I'm always on my iPad, so I do a : and a ) to make a :). Sometimes I forget myself and do ; ) to create a wink, which comes out like this ;) - bizarrely!

If I had my way, I'd move my house to half way up Snowdon, but I think Hubby might notice that, unfortunately!

Edited by fizz511
  • Like 2

Posted

What is MOD or where is it?

It's the model Output thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

The smilies are a mystery to me, because I'm always on my iPad, so I do a : and a ) to make a :). Sometimes I forget myself and do ; ) to create a wink, which comes out like this ;) - bizarrely!

If I had my way, I'd move my house to half way up Snowdon, but I think Hubby might notice that, unfortunately!

That's kind of what I did... I relocated my wife and kids back from sunny warm Spain to 1000ft up in the peak district.... some how I managed to get away with it...

• Like 3

Posted

That's kind of what I did... I relocated my wife and kids back from sunny warm Spain to 1000ft up in the peak district.... some how I managed to get away with it...

Ooh, Spain to the Peak District! Don't do things by halves do you?!

Mind you, I love the Peaks, so I'd've forgiven you if it'd been me!

Edited by fizz511

Posted

Ooh, Spain to the Peak District! Don't do things by halves do you?!

Mind you, I love the Peaks, so I'd've forgiven you if it'd been me!

Spent my childhood in London watching the rest of the UK get pasted with snow while I got nothing.... so when it was time to come back to the UK after Spain I did my research... I was checking ASL on every property we looked at. spent time looking into history of snow falls for the area etc... and low and behold here I am since 2009....

• Like 2

Posted

It's very exciting on MOD, always is when cold due, does look snowy on all models yes

IDO is a miserable poster and on my ignore list, iz it my imagination or are his posts always depressing?, Frosty and TEITS, S Murr, Shaky, just some of my favourites

yep can always rely on shaky to ramp things up with the !!! Adding that special effect, suprised we haven't heard more of him tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Thanks for the reply fizz.

I have no problem wit smilies when posting to a topict in the current page, but can never get it to work on old replies.

I'll try :). in future. Dont fancy the grumpy old face much though. PS It did work here!!!

Wasn't thinking of somewhere like Snowden. He might suspect something was going on!

Try teasing him with some of the nice new houses on the side of the Lickeys!!.

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

It's very exciting on MOD, always is when cold due, does look snowy on all models yes

IDO is a miserable poster and on my ignore list, iz it my imagination or are his posts always depressing?, Frosty and TEITS, S Murr, Shaky, just some of my favourites

Thanks ILTS... :clap:

I liked your post

MIA

Posted

Well im loving loving loving the bbc news24 weather update just now....oh yeah they are talking multiple sliders with snow and more snow and more snow...think she even mentioned a very snowy breakdown if it did occur..... :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Well im loving loving loving the bbc news24 weather update just now....oh yeah they are talking multiple sliders with snow and more snow and more snow...think she even mentioned a very snowy breakdown if it did occur..... :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

Saw that, could be an interesting week ahead!!! :-))))))))

• Like 3

Posted

Could easy be the best week since March 2013 for many.......BRING IT ON!!!!!! im off to do a smash n grab on the milk and bread at Sainsbury's in the morning lol...

Posted

Spent my childhood in London watching the rest of the UK get pasted with snow while I got nothing.... so when it was time to come back to the UK after Spain I did my research... I was checking ASL on every property we looked at. spent time looking into history of snow falls for the area etc... and low and behold here I am since 2009....

Ha, I absolutely love that story! A true weather nutcase (and I mean that in a complimentary way)  :crazy:

When you guys were getting pasted on Boxing Day, I have to confess to spending some time admiring the various 'asl' readings for the Peak District - very, very envious. I even checked on property prices in Buxton!  :laugh:

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks for the reply fizz.

I have no problem wit smilies when posting to a topict in the current page, but can never get it to work on old replies.

I'll try :). in future. Dont fancy the grumpy old face much though. PS It did work here!!!

Wasn't thinking of somewhere like Snowden. He might suspect something was going on!

Try teasing him with some of the nice new houses on the side of the Lickeys!!.

Sounds lovely - I might have to go and check those out! We're a bit location bound though because we run a karate school on Lode lane for around 250 students a week (teamblackbelt.com) who might be a bit miffed if we suddenly disappeared (not to mention it pays the mortgage of course!).

Ah well, one day eh?

Posted

Ha, I absolutely love that story! A true weather nutcase (and I mean that in a complimentary way)  :crazy:

When you guys were getting pasted on Boxing Day, I have to confess to spending some time admiring the various 'asl' readings for the Peak District - very, very envious. I even checked on property prices in Buxton!  :laugh:

Bish

oh yes im a nutcase for sure...... ;) ive always loved the snow from my earliest memories... the winters of the early 80's had me hooked and then from 87 onwards I just missed out time and time again apart from 91... oh my I was like a mad kid that feb as it happened on my birthday...I personally think that Rightmove and other good quality websites should have an ASL option for a property search.... I do think this up coming spell will see all of us Midlanders getting some action

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

18z look marginal in the short term, but very hail mary in the long term. It won't come off, those long range synoptics so rarely do - but if it ever did, January 15 would be one to talk about. Personally, give me the snow and keep the 2 weeks of dry bitter cold..but that's just me. One to note, this weekend looks potentially snowier than it did a day or so ago. Couple of troughs and showers moving from north to south, some may see a few flakes.

Posted

Reading these posts almost makes me smile as much as watching falling snow , less of a weather forum , more of a shared love of snow !! (Midlands snow appreciation society . Being at 500ft asl is ok but would also love to be over 1000ft asl , and in the Midlands we get chances of snow from all angles , next 10 days will be fun to say the least , checking the windows , lampposts and forum every 45 seconds , ( as the bemused other half looks on )

Ahh winter , you just can't beat the exciting tingle of snow , good luck to all

• Like 1

Posted

Very windy this evening in Dudley.  Gusting frequently 30 mph+ Mild temperatures, snow has fully melted now after rain this evening.  8.2C at the moment.  What a 24 hours it has turned out to be weather wise.  There will no doubt be some wind damage tomorrow.  I can hear a roar outside due to the wind.

Edited by dudleyweather1

Posted

ABSOLUTE BARN STORMING 18Z...... THE PUB RUNS BEEN ON THE GIN BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IM AT THE BAR BUYING IT ANOTHER DOUBLE.........

• Like 1

Posted

When reading the MOD thread and seeing how excited everyone is getting, it's often easy to forget that this isn't nailed on yet. I'm trying to keep myself calm until maybe Sunday as regards to a possible slider, by that time it might not even make it to Wales if things are pushed west so best to keep hopes down

Stunning charts continue with GFS 18z

Posted

The squall line should be with me in an hour or so, will wait to see what happens  :) temp up to 10.7c but wind still in the mid 20's mph.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

The squall line should be with me in an hour or so, will wait to see what happens  :) temp up to 10.7c but wind still in the mid 20's mph.  

10 mins of fun to be had by all

From the angle of the line....a bit longer in waiting for Brum i suspect :)