Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Evening folks. looks like there should be some fun and games tomorrow evening in to the night for quite alot of us. Lets hope the mets yellow warnings are justified for our area the snow on the 27TH DEC we got in this part of the midlands was only for half an hour before it turned back to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Evening folks. looks like there should be some fun and games tomorrow evening in to the night for quite alot of us. Lets hope the mets yellow warnings are justified for our area the snow on the 27TH DEC we got in this part of the midlands was only for half an hour before it turned back to rain.

Some of us are still waiting to see a snowflake after none last winter either!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

We got about an hour of real heavy snow out of it just shows you can do really well with marginal events. I hope those who missed out last time will get some. My mate in somerset is desperate for sleet let alone snow lol. Told him tomoz nite his wait could be over.

Posted

My god the latest euro4 shows a stream of heavy snow tomorrow night for central and south midlands!!! Damn shame it will get washed away 24 hours later if it does settle! !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

My god the latest euro4 shows a stream of heavy snow tomorrow night for central and south midlands!!! Damn shame it will get washed away 24 hours later if it does settle! !

Does indeed look quite good. Should get a better idea of things later tomorrow morning and afternoon. At the end of the day MetOffice have access to their own supercomputer and weather models that i'm sure are more likely to be accurate than what we can get hold of. So it'll be interesting to see if they update the weather warnings. 

Posted

Not a bad euro4 for South Midlands, no good here for me but I guess I can wait for something, Stratford looks a good bet for some decent accumulations tomorrow after tonight's outputs, and as always the malverns. Enjoy down there!

@kmanmx don't always take the meto for gospel, look at boxing day, we were meant to have a front stalled on us but they got it wrong by a fair few miles giving sheffield a good dumping instead, will be more of a nowcast come tomorrow afternoon, however given the wind direction anywhere E/NE of Bristol channel is going to be in a good spot to get under a streamer

Edited by Staffordshire
  • Like 1

Posted

I would be very pleased to see some snow but things are always SO marginal here...

Posted

I would be very pleased to see some snow but things are always SO marginal here...

doubt there will be much marginality about it, especially when nightfall comes, nocturnal cooling will favour you then, decent, negative dew points and adequate upper temps will ensure you ppn is snow after let's say 9pm, ppn over central england should sink South over night and you may also catch ppn from the Bristol channel, Id be quite excited if I was you, chance for a few cm if things fall into place

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

doubt there will be much marginality about it, especially when nightfall comes, nocturnal cooling will favour you then, decent, negative dew points and adequate upper temps will ensure you ppn is snow after let's say 9pm, ppn over central england should sink South over night and you may also catch ppn from the Bristol channel, Id be quite excited if I was you, chance for a few cm if things fall into place

Don't rule anything out here mate. Remember, on nearly EVERY event when snow or something big is forecast, we have last minute shifts of 50 miles north etc.

Same can easily happen tommorrow, especially with showers being the order of the day!

Posted

Don't rule anything out here mate. Remember, on nearly EVERY event when snow or something big is forecast, we have last minute shifts of 50 miles north etc.

Same can easily happen tommorrow, especially with showers being the order of the day!

true radders but tomorrow is more convective by the looks of it, not an actually front so I have less hope of that happening really, I'll still keep an eye on the radar as always but main attention South of reigion

Posted

Latest euro4 show snow for pretty much all the midlands especially the west and south midlands. But whoever misses out tomoz going by the pub run there are still chances on thurs fri sat and next tues winter is finally here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not sure there is much to get excited about tomorrow night. Yes a few heavy snow showers especially for the SW Midlands but the focus is on showers rather than bands of anything and I think this is where some charts look misleading. Gone by Wednesday mid morning. Any covering fairly low chance imo and 3-6cm over high ground only probably.

Meanwhile here in Cornwall, sleet, hail, thunder, lightning and snow in the heaviest showers possible so should be interesting but certainly nothing settling here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning midlanders....

Could it be today we have snowfall?

If it happens it will be this evening or overnight.

(get those lampposts clean and tidy to get max effect!)

After 6.4C and cloudy at 05:00, the skies have cleared and the temp has dropped to 4.1C .

The BBC showed the temp at 15:00 of 3C so they are expecting it.

Keep the faith.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc and UK met I feel have Saturday/sunday's low miles too far north! the low will likely head into Spain, bbc gives a lot of snow wrongly for Sat night

Posted

From The BBC:

Warwickshire

1. Yellow early warning of snow

1800 on Tue 13 January

To:

1200 on Wed 14 January

Updated 12 January at 10:51

Showers of hail, sleet and snow on Tuesday evening and overnight are likely to leave a covering of snow of 3 - 6 cm in places, especially on ground over 100 m but also locally to lower levels too. Icy patches will also form on untreated surfaces. The public should be aware of the risk of tricky driving conditions.

Posted

Upgrade on met app, heavy snow here at 12pm sleet then from 9 a few hours of light snow well well. Not used to upgrades.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good for snow I think. Possibly being in the west of the region may be advantageous this time. Temp this morning was 1.5C, now 2.3C. Clouds looking snowy.

I think all of us Midlanders could get lucky sometime in the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Rain mixed with a little wet snow has started here. Unfortunately can't give temperature updates as my outdoor sensor has decided to stop functioning.

Posted

Rain mixed with a little wet snow has started here. Unfortunately can't give temperature updates as my outdoor sensor has decided to stop functioning.

Isn't that typical! Just when you really need to know the temperature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Isn't that typical! Just when you really need to know the temperature.

I know! Grrr. I'm going to take it to the garage (the main station part that still works) and hopefully put it somewhere there, since it's open it's pretty cold inside.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

back from visiting my brother near copenhagen..... So wet over there... Missed last weeks windy spell here but have lost a few roof tiles....

1.6c dew -1c cloudy....

Posted

Think we are going to be a bit far east here. We missed out Boxing Day. Probably miss out today too. Only a few sleety symbols showing for us on MO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Morning on this wintry day and hopefully it will get even better, Tony H in the Wales thread is reporting SNOW & surprising SNOWFALL at that!!!

With pic's......... https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81819-wales-weather-chat/page-29#entry3114611 :D

Lets hope it all happens here in the near future :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

We have rain here and temp is currently 6 with a dp of 3 so needs a bit of a fall before tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

We have rain here and temp is currently 6 with a dp of 3 so needs a bit of a fall before tonight!

It's Teatime onwards for us.... It's all about the RADAR now http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile and also others and their SNOW reports :)