Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Went down to -3.6c last night, currently clear and temp is -3.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The Boxing Day snowfall was the largest single fall in December here since 1990 when 38cm fell. There was more than twice as much on the ground in December 2010 but most of it fell on Nov' 30th.

• Like 4

Posted

The Boxing Day snowfall was the largest single fall in December here since 1990 when 38cm fell. There was more than twice as much on the ground in December 2010 but most of it fell on Nov' 30th.

Hi TM, what was your largest fall in Dec 2010, we over 35cm down here, in in patches in topped out at over 45cm in dips and hollows.

I remember it well, it was 01.12.10 my sons birthday and told him how rare deep falls of snow were so early on. :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi TM, what was your largest fall in Dec 2010, we over 35cm down here, in in patches in topped out at over 45cm in dips and hollows.

I remember it well, it was 01.12.10 my sons birthday and told him how rare deep falls of snow were so early on. :smiliz19:

The average depth on Dec' 1st 2010 was 49cm, the greatest depth I've recorded in December in over 50 years of records.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

-4.2C my min last night, still snow around wildwood area, must have had a flurry last night, could see the flakes on the ground, no fog though, i expected it foggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Up to 2.0c now, still clear skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier.

Temp 0.4c

Dp -1.9c

WC 0.2c

My goodness me. That is sure a lot of snow. It's like a whole different world up there!

Great pics!

Posted

A cold clear day, With everything still frozen. A few shots while out walking earlier.

Temp 0.4c

Dp -1.9c

WC 0.2c

Very pretty, bit like up here.....so far loving this cold snap.... Snow is very crunchy and icy compacted now but looks like an alpine scene with the hills, trees and fields all white....

Posted

Fantastic view from the trig point.  It's been a good few years since I went up there.  Beautiful photos PM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Stunning photos PM.

What a superb day for a walk with the low sun emphasising the patterns in the snow.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gloriously sunny day here at Rugby with shade frost and ice lasting. I only slipped over twice on our pre dinner walk :)

Posted

Superb photos PM, a favourite area of mine, so many variations of walks that include Hollins Cross, the dog looked to be enjoying it. They seem to enjoy the snow even more than we snow freak humans. Bit different to my sedate 3.5 mile flat walk around here, still in snow at times and a cloudless day, just some 'false' Cu developing on the northern horizon from two of the remaining power stations north of Doncaster.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Marksp

Gives a great impression of the wind and snow effect.

Here must be the coldest night for 19months.

I fell below freezing at  15:10 and is now down to -0.7C. Could be -5 or -6C as there is no wind and no cloud at all. 

MIA

Posted

Coldest day since march 2013 at 1.1c already below 0c good ole high pressure.

My goodness me. That is sure a lot of snow. It's like a whole different world up there!

Great pics!

Those are drifts too first and fifth pics,it did try to drift here but to no avail.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Stunning photos everyone. I can see how sparkly and magical the hills and views must be.

Temp plummeting here. Already down to -3.2C without any snow! Frost and ice on pond stayed all day. Looking like the lowest temp of 2014 coming up tonight.

Posted

Something wrong here temp has shot up to 2.2c wind direction changed,what is it with this time of night temps just rise lately very odd.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very cold already here with full snow cover of around 9inch. Clear with no wind at all.

Temp -2.7c

Dp -3.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Polar Maritime,

My mum in Hognaston, I have been using the ELR webcams in Wirksworth to check on weather. You being where you are, do you reckon less snow depth than you'rn at Hoggie?

Posted

Amazing pics & videos - I really must look into moving to Derbyshire someday! What are the house prices like there?

Temp here is -1.3°C with a Dp of -2.7°C

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Polar Maritime,

My mum in Hognaston, I have been using the ELR webcams in Wirksworth to check on weather. You being where you are, do you reckon less snow depth than you'rn at Hoggie?

I really could not say snef, But I'm sure they will have full snow cover at least there. What altitude is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

first 'ice' day in ages, max temp -1.3C, still ice, frost and snow around here, seen 3 snowmen! wonder how low tonight? -3.2C now