Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

still going well. most roads pretty bad now, Ive been up over starholmes hill 15cms up there, still snowing and OH yes plenty more to come, gonner be great ommorrow. Off out round Matlcok for a walk, take some picture and matbe a pint or two, this definitely beats boxing day TV.

WEATHER IS 0.2 AND -2.0 DP

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Forgot to mention plenty of trees down, one lying half way across A6 at Matlock Bath, this snow is sure sticky wet and heavy

Weve had it sliding down off the roof of the house.... what pub you in mate??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I am confused just looked at the met office app and it has my area down for snow from 11pm until 5am then chance of snow tomoz afternoon and nite also it was only updated at 9pm where is the ppn going to come from.

Light snow here now

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

At this point, I would love to thank Melton council for turning my street lighting off at 10pm...!!. Still snowing tho, amazed that its raining in Leicester.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Weve had it sliding down off the roof of the house.... what pub you in mate??

Hi Big S, Is the A6 clear through Matlock?

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

What a ridiculous system, just when I thought it was finally frosting over for the night down to 0.3c half an hour ago, its now back up to 1.4c with heavy drizzle zzzz.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

It's game over for here too i think. just rain now and all the snow has been washed away just bits and peaces left on cars and on top of bins. the met had this part down for heavy snow from 1900h they still have us down for lite snow from 2300h. how ever i can't see where that snow is gona come from. I do haf to agree with some of the posts last winter was better at least we had interesting weather.

Posted

Power flickering now. Flakes are much bigger again and the wind is picking up further.

Posted

It's game over for here too i think. just rain now and all the snow has been washed away just bits and peaces left on cars and on top of bins. the met had this part down for heavy snow from 1900h they still have us down for lite snow from 2300h. how ever i can't see where that snow is gona come from. I do haf to agree with some of the posts last winter was better at least we had interesting weather.

Remember we are only 26 days into Winter  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Oh and we've not had any sky TV all evening lol

Having my dish low down i manage to get it off with a soft broom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Elevation seems to being playing in this too. Just drove back from dropping my dad back off in Brownhills. From Dudley to around Rushall it was rain then going through Shelfield and Walsall Wood sleet turned progressively to snow once we hit Shire Oak Hill it was all snow and down to the Anchor Bridge...got back to Dudley via Black Country route and there were a few flakes in the air. It all stopped again once I got out the car at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Hi Big S, Is the A6 clear through Matlock?

Tree across it in Matlock Bath.... but other than that I think its ok..... going to get tricky early tomorrow tho as temps set to drop again early.... hows things up your way???

Posted

Radio reports say roads now closed in the Centre of Derby! Still snowing just west of Derby and has picked up again in intensity. This has become a serious snow event now in Derby.

• Like 1

Posted

No chance getting anywhere up here, Im off out for a wonder so will get some pics. Cheers Big S  :)

• Like 1

Posted

A few flakes floating around in the wind.

So now conditions are right...can we have our precipitation back please? We got it wrong first time!

Posted

What a ridiculous system, just when I thought it was finally frosting over for the night down to 0.3c half an hour ago, its now back up to 1.4c with heavy drizzle zzzz.

Unpredictable to say the least this has been,just had a snow shower howling wind NW.