Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I feel like im 5 years old again........ running from window to window checking the lamp post to see if its getting heavier or slowing down.... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Why is it raining in South Staffs?

It was supposed to be all snow but mine has been washed away!

where in south staffs? mine is decent 2-3cms max, 2.8 miles to the SE of stafford town centre up radford bank

Posted

where in south staffs? mine is decent 2-3cms max, 2.8 miles to the SE of stafford town centre up radford bank

About 40 minutes ago was belting with rain by junction 2-3 of the M54, with the car reading 1C. Then drizzly rain at Telford, suddenly turned to snow just past Wellington.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Just outside of Wolverhampton. Cant believe it is just horrible rain and we have

virtually nothing left now.

I am about ten/ fifteen miles south of you.

Posted

Started snowing again here heavy fine icy almost hail type snow big flakes mixed in , wind picked up too

Posted

Just outside of Wolverhampton. Cant believe it is just horrible rain and we have

virtually nothing left now.

I am about ten/ fifteen miles south of you.

cut off point must have been just south of me, i had freezing rain while uppers were milder, then snow, still light snow falling

Posted

After some snow earlier temp up to 5C  but expecting that to drop as the depression moves SE.

You can see where it is on XC weather

http://beta.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations 

post-9179-0-06724100-1419629574_thumb.gi

heavy snow to the North - rain to the South. Problem is the precipitation is usually heavier when the low pushes into the cold air and becomes lighter as it moves away. We shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's been snowing here for about 3 hours now, I would say around 4-5cm on the ground. If it is like this in Derby then I would expect the more rural parts have a very decent covering by now. Looks like I will be taking the kids out with the sledge tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Getting heavier here could almost call it a blizzard.... just heard a bang out side so stuck me head out the back door to be greeted by snow sliding off the roof... I got a face full.... stung a bit did that...

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at the radar, it seems the 'pivot point' was South Yorkshire rather than Central areas.

Oh well! It was nice to see even a bit of snow falling during Christmas Week, even if most of it ended up being washed away within a few hours. I just wish the models were a bit more inspiring for the start of Jan than they seem to be right now.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Proper big flakes again now filling in gaps on cars where melted snow slowly moving back South me thinks

Posted

...and as the final echo from the radar comes through...it is turning back to snow but it's too late for here.

Posted

...and as the final echo from the radar comes through...it is turning back to snow but it's too late for here.

you have been too far South, like 25th Jan 2013

Posted

Nice to see PolarWarsaw got some good snowfall, he's had some rotten luck in recent winters.

The temperature seems to be dropping very rapidly now, down from 4.1°C to 3.0°C inside the past thirty minutes. Could be extremely icy in the morning.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

you have been too far South, like 25th Jan 2013

Except that came on the back of the 18th and the 20th so it wasn't so disappointing. But you're right, very similar.

Posted

Moderate here for the past 40 minutes or so. I've heard of power cuts locally?? Wind seems to have picked up too

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Back-building going on towards north Wales and the system is starting to pivot south from that direction, I think we might be ok after all. :-)

Also, heavy rain just turned back to graupel 

• Like 3

Posted

Except that came on the back of the 18th and the 20th so it wasn't so disappointing. But you're right, very similar.

20th, now I mostly missed out that one, was light snow all day, added nothing to top up

Posted

20th, now I mostly missed out that one, was light snow all day, added nothing to top up

The 20th was a pleasant surprise here. It was meant to be a south east event but we lucked into it.

That whole fortnight was a decent cold spell.

As for current backbuilding around North Wales...I'm not getting too excited. I think we're done to be honest.

We're coming onto the back of the low now...so skies should clear and temperatures should plummet. It's going to be very tricky indeed in the morning for all of us.

Edited by Gord

Posted

The 20th was a pleasant surprise here. It was meant to be a south east event but we lucked into it.

That whole fortnight was a decent cold spell.

As for current backbuilding around North Wales...I'm not getting too excited. I think we're done to be honest.

We're coming onto the back of the low now...so skies should clear and temperatures should plummet. It's going to be very tricky indeed in the morning for all of us.

might catch it here, but looks light, seems to be moving ESE though not S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

It looks to be pivoting ese now so should be over the west mids soon heres hoping if it dosent still pretty happy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Nice to see PolarWarsaw got some good snowfall, he's had some rotten luck in recent winters.

The temperature seems to be dropping very rapidly now, down from 4.1°C to 3.0°C inside the past thirty minutes. Could be extremely icy in the morning.

Bish

Bish,

Yep truly remarkable here. I am only 3 miles away from you and for the last hour when the temp rose to 2.8C its been  lashing it down. 

Suddenly the wind has increased from the NE and it has tuned to small flakedrizzle/sleet again and the temp in 10 mins has dropped to 1.1C and still falling.

Incredible changes as the warm sector came thru and stuck with us for abour 3hrs.

Snow still on grass (1 cm)  but all melted from pavements and roads. 

Might be another burst before back edge clears thru'

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1