Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Slowed a little here now, we've got about 7/8cm lying. I think its going to pick up again looking at the radar. MetO and BBC have forecasted heavy snow for my area until 4/5am. 

Posted

yeah very heavy, but windyish here, shame about less cold day tomorrow, or our snow would still be here until new years day

'less cold'? It's only progged to be between 1-2'c there'd be a slow thaw, but it should stick in shady spots and such.

• Like 2

Posted

I think it's time to throw in the towel here in the Black Country now. There's not anything of note on the radar for us as some heavy stuff skims our north through Staffordshire.

The snow was amazing through late afternoon but this evening has just been a huge let down. So mixed feelings. Could have been a lot worse but left with the feeling that something quite decent was taken away from us.

Until next time...

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes just been a walk my self, As you say very peaceful PW..

due to out at 9.00pm, looking decent now, meto give another 3 to 4 hours of this

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The air is filled with snow here..

post-12319-0-39288600-1419627161_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted

Light snow again now and back down to 1c, won't last but nice to see some flakes again after the drizzle fest evening.

Posted

I think it's time to throw in the towel here in the Black Country now. There's not anything of note on the radar for us as some heavy stuff skims our north through Staffordshire.

The snow was amazing through late afternoon but this evening has just been a huge let down. So mixed feelings. Could have been a lot worse but left with the feeling that something quite decent was taken away from us.

Until next time...

We always miss out, even London does better for snow than us lol!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Wouldnt take to much notice of them to be honest they said on there site earlier it was heavy snow in oldbury at 6pm but it was lashing down with rain

Yeah, I know they're rubbish at 'nowcasting', but I'm still hopeful they might have some forecasting ability - lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

so much for the 'it will get colder and more wintry' later on.  it is absolutely tipping it down with rain here now and the temperature is higher than it has been all day.  what a total washout as usual.  I've had it with wishing for snow here, its never going to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Thick and fast here still...the kids are gonna love it out there in the morning.... will ave the little sods up at 5am for a snowball fight, after all they had me up yesterday at 4am for presents....

• Like 2

Posted

The air is filled with snow here..

yep its great tonight, sky is full of snow really heavy again, I think Meto were spot on with this one, I imagine up on the high hills say 350m there will close to 15 to 20cms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Until next time...

Yep just looks boring from here on in really. Back to Falmouth in mid Jan so unless Easter is cold I probably wont see any snow until next Winter now. :(

Posted

Thick and fast here still...the kids are gonna love it out there in the morning.... will ave the little sods up at 5am for a snowball fight, after all they had me up yesterday at 4am for presents....

yep its great here, apart say Buxton its got to be one best places for snow (regionally speaking).

due out soon pick son up from Cromford. Luckly not cromford hill, ha ha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

yep its great here, apart say Buxton its got to be one best places for snow (regionally speaking).

due out soon pick son up from Cromford. Luckly not cromford hill, ha ha.

Yeah lucky that Cromford hill is probably ok if your at the top with a sledge.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

yep its great tonight, sky is full of snow really heavy again, I think Meto were spot on with this one, I imagine up on the high hills say 350m there will close to 15 to 20cms.

Got to get up Sydnope Hill tomorrow. Could be interesting...

Edited by Snowsie

Posted

some more heavier stuff incoming, been backbuilding around Liverpool bay, should be here later so can see heavy stuff lasting till say midnight, heres hoping.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quicker this system buggars off the better. Just an insult right now with this drizzly rain and last minute shift of snow elsewhere.

• Like 5

Posted

Got to get up Syndhope Hill tomorrow. Could be interesting...

unless you have a 4x4 its a no go, this lots due to freeze in the early hours and I not seen a gritter out yet.

currently 0.2c

• Like 1

Posted

Typical, back down to 0.5c now with 0c dewpoint and bam the radars a dead zone  :rofl:

A few dandruff specks floating down but just hope it turns clear now so any showers tomorrow morning are wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

unless you have a 4x4 its a no go, this lots due to freeze in the early hours and I not seen a gritter out yet.

currently 0.2c

Got 4 wheel drive Subaru estate but might go back way round towards Chesterfield from Sainsburys island. Fingers crossed...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We are still in a warm sector here, temp 5 and dp 4! Think of those of us who have had no snow whilst you moan about yours melting  ;)

Edited by Serendipity
  • Like 2

Posted

Been snowing nice and steady here in Long Eaton,Notts since about 6pm, couple of lulls, but back to heavier stuff now :-D  Here's hoping it lasts through the night :-D

weatherbyrebekkaaaarl on facebook 

Ecky31 on Twitter

• Like 1