Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Chart costa/shaky please??

Just arrived home to a hopefully pleasent chart

cant post charts for some reason ive lost that option on my phone!! But let me tell you the latest nmm is delicious for plenty of the midlands tomorrow night!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

cant post charts for some reason ive lost that option on my phone!! But let me tell you the latest nmm is delicious for plenty of the midlands tomorrow night!!

Just for you :smiliz19:

14122700_2518.gif

Posted

Latest forecasts 15-18cm here.... Bring it on....

Where have you acquired such information? If you expect that you'll turn out disappointed :whistling:

Posted

Where have you acquired such information? If you expect that you'll turn out disappointed :whistling:

Im 300m ( nearly 1000ft) up in peak district....itll snow...how much is the question....it currently 0c

Ps nmm euro4 gfs

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Im 300m ( nearly 1000ft) up in peak district....itll snow...how much is the question....it currently 0c

yeah guaranteed for you, if the low tracks further North you'll get more snow and we will have none, further south then you'll miss the more intense ppn but we will get some too

Posted

Lets be honest guys its clear the met office are getting your hopes up for no reason its all going to Yorkshire  :smiliz19:

But no the charts look really good for your region, what I will say is there is a consistent trend of slight shifts northward in the output so perhaps the more southern areas of your region *may* be at risk of rain rather than snow.

Posted

Ps nmm euro4 gfs

There's no doubt you will get some action but its all to do with the intensity and the duration. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

past experience draws me to believe that the LP will track further south than modeled....It wouldn't surprise me to see fairly widespread snowfall from the West/East Midlands right down to the M4 corridor

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

past experience draws me to believe that the LP will track further south than modeled....It wouldn't surprise me to see fairly widespread snowfall from the West/East Midlands right down to the M4 corridor

Yes, a very good chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I know I'm a suvverner but I remember it happening last year. We weren't forecast any notable accumulations, let alone any snow at all. The rain had turned to snow and we received about 8cm. 

Posted

lol I think the opposite.

Usually the models project the system too far north, final projections have the LP significantly further south than originally expected. On the actual day the PPN always tracks further north than expected. Not hugely but by around 30 miles or so. 

We are are at the final projection now and seen southward corrections (with slight northward corrections over the last few runs).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Going to be touch and go in these parts, I think... but that's already more interesting than anything last "winter" brought! In truth I'm not expecting more than a bit of sleetiness and maybe an hour or two of slush round here. Probably at about 3am. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another excellent euro 00z. UKMO and fax all seem pretty confident on its track as earlier still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Another excellent euro 00z. UKMO and fax all seem pretty confident on its track as earlier still.

Looks to be heading south to be. Accumulation signal now looks to be missing north of Brum. What time does everyone expect any snow that materialises to start.

Posted

Hopefully around 4pm for places sw of here :) not much has been said about possible drifting of any snow surely with gusts up to 40mph higher routes could have that to contend with aswell.

Posted

Hopefully around 4pm for places sw of here :) not much has been said about possible drifting of any snow surely with gusts up to 40mph higher routes could have that to contend with aswell.

looking good for us leicester folk mate!! Lets hope temps dont get tol high today!! If they level out at 1 or 2 i be happy! !

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

An interesting day coming up, 27mm of heavy precipitation for my location from around 3pm onwards which should fall as snow..

Currently Icy with patchy cloud a low of 0.4c

Temp 1.3c

Wind W/N/W 7mph

nmmuk-1-20-0.png?26-06

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1