Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I think it's a million more times likely than the crap spouted out from Madden, piers corbyn, papers etc! mine is realistic, that's not

I was certain that this time last year that there was straw clutching about fantasy charts/cold on this forum

All you spout is the obvious, we all know that most of the UK's weather comes off the Atlantic, but still you are saying that we will have a Zonal train come the end of Dec going into Jan with no input from yourself just a realistic look on things, reading from far more experienced folk and looking at trends/pattens it's looking fairly cool at at times with more frequent colder incursions with snowfall :cold:

Posted

I have to agree with the others, you are coming across as repetitive and frankly annoying. February is typically the driest month of the year - the Atlantic is usually dead by then. Yes December is known for westerlies, but there's always variation, the weather will do what it wants. :good: this year we are getting the coldest air from the west... reminiscent of 84'. Anyone can go with the norm as it is easy to do so.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

January 1984 which keeps getting mentioned, here are the number of snow lying days and the mad depth in cm, from the Metoffice snowsurvey:

Aviemore 29/33

Edinburgh 17/13

Eskdalemuir 23/66

Gosforth 15/15

Boulmer 7/4

Leeming 10/17

Bacup 18/61

Ringway 7/11

Blackpool 1/2

Shawbury 5/4

Lake Vyrnwy 18/25

Swansea 2/1

Brize Norton 1/1

Teddington 0/0

It was rubbish south of the Midlands, and even north of that ridiculously dependent on altitude and distance from the coast

Posted

No snow here, not a single flake. In fact, it is bone dry out despite the radar telling a different story. Looks like the guys in Wales are having rain, no snow. Might get lucky later?

Overnight temperatrues starting lifting above 1C as early as 4am, now 3.7C,

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cool morning with patchy cloud and the odd light shower giving just enough to wet the ground, A low of 0.8c

Current Temp 3.1c

Dp 1.9c

WC 2.8c

Wind W/N/W 7mph

Rain today 0.0mm

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Shows the same at 12:00pm..... Not to worry we will see what develops! It could be warmer or it could be colder......With SNOW! lol! :whistling:

Edit, Only joking bundled.gif But then again they maybe onto something for Friday,

UW120-21_oep1.GIF

And the reality not so cold in the end DWW:

post-2595-0-27340900-1417783493_thumb.jp

http://weatherobs.com/

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Dropped to 0.6C here at 06:00 this morning.

Moderate rain shower at about 9:15 til 9:45.

Reasonably sunny morning thereafter.

Signs of further shower cloud in the North West (Cheshire Gap setting up?)

I've looked at Scotland and Northwest England forums and they are reporting wintry showers along the west coast .

So not impossible for a flake of something later on.

Temp seems to have maxed at about 6C.

MIA

Posted

Maybe a Wintry shower later here we will see.. Temp currently 5.5c and mainly clear, Temps will drop sharp later under clear sky's.

Posted

Talk of the Devil.. A light grainy snow shower is just blowing through !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Snow in Buxton......so ive just been told....ive even been blamed for it by the wife as I didn't tell here it was gonna happen...

Posted

Sleet in Matlock.....here we go winter is coming its on its way....and already better than last winter!!!!! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Uppers easily getting cold enough for snow now! According to the EURO4 model, temps at the 850hPa level will be around -7 to -5C by 6 pm this evening.

• Like 2

Posted

200m should be enough to see some, perhaps a few sleety flakes lower down!

• Like 1

Posted

It looks very dark to my N/E. The hills in the distance are now behind a white sheet moving across the horizon.. 

Sleet here now, And the winds picked up.

Temp 4.2c

Dp 1,8c

Wind N/N/W gusting 23mph just.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

I know where you are coming from PM,its really black here now looking out the front, street lamps all on now, where as looking south at back still have blue clear skies.

• Like 1

Posted

The showers seem to be blowing down the Derwent Valley in your direction Mark.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

The showers seem to be blowing down the Derwent Valley in your direction Mark.

sure do, we seem to do well here in North Westerlies, a few times the showers by pass my location but usually we end up with plenty of stuff, Ive always thought the Peak District would steer the showers further to my west.

Posted

Crazy half hour here in Matlock...hail, rain sleet and a few big flakes of wet snow...then rain again...the last few hours have been so much more exciting than the entire last winter....

Posted

Crazy half hour here in Matlock...hail, rain sleet and a few big flakes of wet snow...then rain again...the last few hours have been so much more exciting than the entire last winter....

You know I just walked up to Smedley Steet (last 45mins) to pick up my car, and I thought there was wet snow on the cars parked on the road.only a

scattering, but some ice on bonnets. Mind you it is another 75mts higher than my location.

temps now 2.1

• Like 1

Posted

You know I just walked up to Smedley Steet (last 45mins) to pick up my car, and I thought there was wet snow on the cars parked on the road.only a

scattering, but some ice on bonnets. Mind you it is another 75mts higher than my location.

temps now 2.1

much to look forward to over the next 3 or 4 months and some very good looking charts todays 12z and next week good be interesting too...another Jan/Feb/March 2013 would suit me down to the ground...