Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Expecting rain today, not a drop fell where i was in Stourbridge...Dry all day on the ground, but felt damp and on the cool side.

Tomorrow! expecting it to be dry, you watch come tomorrow...drizzle :laugh:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Expecting rain today, not a drop fell where i was in Stourbridge...Dry all day on the ground, but felt damp and on the cool side.

Tomorrow! expecting it to be dry, you watch come tomorrow...drizzle :laugh:

I wouldn't worry. While no one was looking, I managed to set the drizzle shield to high power for tomorrow, so it should be dry... (I hope). :p
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A Foggy night with some light rain and drizzle, A low of 5.9c, Currently thick Fog and damp.

Temp 5.9c

Wind N/E 4mph

Rain today 1.8mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperature around 6.5C - 6.9C all night.

Currently at 6.8C

Dull not quite so misty this morning.

Winds - none

MIA

Posted

This weather is vile. Now been raining or drizzling pretty much nonstop for 48 hours, with temperatures constantly 6-8C and very little wind. But the main thing is the light levels, midday is like twilight at the moment. Yesterday it was practically dark by 4pm.

Apart from Monday, which had about 4 or 5 hours, there has been hardly any sun for the last 2 weeks.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nip over the border gorgeous here :)

Posted

This weather is vile. Now been raining or drizzling pretty much nonstop for 48 hours, with temperatures constantly 6-8C and very little wind. But the main thing is the light levels, midday is like twilight at the moment. Yesterday it was practically dark by 4pm.

Apart from Monday, which had about 4 or 5 hours, there has been hardly any sun for the last 2 weeks.

It never fails to amaze me how different Shrewsbury and Telford weather is to Ludlow area. We have had no rain since Tiesday afternoon, and now it is glorious sunny skies - must be the Welsh influence!

Posted

It never fails to amaze me how different Shrewsbury and Telford weather is to Ludlow area. We have had no rain since Tiesday afternoon, and now it is glorious sunny skies - must be the Welsh influence!

It's cleared here now, just managed about 15 minutes of a very low sun. You haven't had any of the drizzle then?

The weather always changes halfway down the A49, usually somewhere around Ludlow. Sudden jumps in temperature in summer (compare Ross on Wye with Shawbury, there's about 2C difference in summer maxims), or suddenly hitting rain in a southwesterly when it is dry here.

Posted

Little reason to post much lately would jut be repeating myself, cloudy days, some showers, bit of drizzle, more cloud, little daylight, fog/mist/more drizzle.

Same old for the next 10 days.

Posted

It's cleared here now, just managed about 15 minutes of a very low sun. You haven't had any of the drizzle then?

The weather always changes halfway down the A49, usually somewhere around Ludlow. Sudden jumps in temperature in summer (compare Ross on Wye with Shawbury, there's about 2C difference in summer maxims), or suddenly hitting rain in a southwesterly when it is dry here.

No we haven't had any drizzle. Yesterday was dry, as was today. I live a few miles south of Ludlow, and it is amazing how much wetter Ludlow is than here. I'm also in a fantastic frost hollow. It tends to be cold around here anyway, but quite often we have a frost and there is nothing in Ludlow. Edited by picog

Posted

I thought today was supposed to brighten up.

Its got darker here , The temperature is starting to fall already after reaching 10.3C and the wind is freshening up from the ENE.

I am going ot now to collect some leaves before it is too dark.

MIA

Posted

Thick Fog continues here, Not seen the sky for 3 days now.. Light rain and drizzle on and off, And a top temp of 9.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I thought today was supposed to brighten up.

Its got darker here , The temperature is starting to fall already after reaching 10.3C and the wind is freshening up from the ENE.

I am going ot now to collect some leaves before it is too dark.

MIA

Never got light here either, but a damn sight better than howling winds and heavy rain

Posted

Another batch of unforecast rain moving up from the south tonight, here's hoping for some clearer weather next week after Monday Night's cold front.

Posted

Thick Fog continues here for the 4th day, With light rain and drizzle. Currently 8.4c the lowest it's been all night.

Wind East 8mph

Rain today 1.2mm 

Posted

Skies are a bit brighter this morning.

Sun nearly showing through the murk at the moment.

Temperature at 9.9C and wind light ESE.

If the sun breaks through it could be quite pleasant later

MIA

Posted

Still grey , but milder  .

Lawson,

Give us a clue to your real location (within the Midlands?).

It doesn't have to be accurate. It becomes important later on when the snow arrives!!!!

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Never got light here either, but a damn sight better than howling winds and heavy rain

Not sure I agree, at least howling winds and heavy rain = interesting weather. The past couple of weeks or so have been one long snoozefest.

Bish

Posted

It's looking like another day of thick Fog here i was hoping for it to as least clear a little, The drizzle has eased.. Temp 8.6c 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's looking like another day of thick Fog here i was hoping for it to as least clear a little, The drizzle has eased.. Temp 8.6c 

Yes P.M it's certainly been quite a foggy month. 139 hours of fog here so far this month which is 28 hrs above the 30 year average for November.

Not in the same league as Nov' 1999 and 2008 though which recorded 262.5 and 204.5 hrs respectively.

November 1999 was the second foggiest month of any on my record with only January 1996 ( completely in a league of its' own) being foggier with an exceptional 381.5 hrs.

• Like 1

Posted

Been looking around our neighbours.

Tony (Central Wales) - sunbathing

Mapantz (C southern) - beautiful sunshine temp 13.4C

Me - well i saw the sun about an hour ago for five minutes. Its now dull with temp at 10.2C

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lucky you MIA ....missed that five mins! Must admit haven't had a look at what the weather situation is, when it's this grim it ain't worth looking.

Currently 9.3c and just let me have a look........ Yes still ...GREY-GRIM-MUCK ....Then again who cares it's getting dark soon  :laugh: 

Posted

Been looking around our neighbours.

Tony (Central Wales) - sunbathing

Mapantz (C southern) - beautiful sunshine temp 13.4C

Me - well i saw the sun about an hour ago for five minutes. Its now dull with temp at 10.2C

MIA

Ha indeed I was! My Dad (rather prone to exaggeration) claimed to be sunbathing in his Warwickshire garden with a 15c temp this afternoon! I checked the nearest MO site it was 11c :)