Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Great, Skys have cleared a little here leaving patchy cloud and a light 7 mph Westerly. Temp 7.2c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

There's been quite a fair bit of action with regards to the weather today: Some heavy pulses of heavy rain last night followed by a few showers during the morning period. This had gradually lead to some brighter skies during the afternoon. Been feeling fairly mild throughout with the temperature currently around 8.7*C accompanied by a light Southerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi all - Back with renewed vigour for a(nother) winter of heavy snowfalls!!

Temp currently 7.6C with cloud rapidly increasing from the south.

Shower-band on the way up from the south.

Lets hope for an interesting winter weather wise.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Currently 9.4oC here, wall-to-wall cloud cover, feeling quite mild out, light wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And here we are again. (Well, I am. Can't speak for anyone else. :p ) All I really want from this winter is for it not to be another washout like last time. MIld and dry or cold and snowy would both do me fine, though cold, frosty and sunny with a bit of midwinter snow-then-sun would be my ideal I think.

Pretty uninspiring weather here in Bewdley this lunchtime: mild, gloomy, damp, windy, but not extremely so for any of those. Can't say I'm too unpset at not getting the drenching currently being dished out to Wales, NI etc though. Wind is gusty enough to make using umbrellas a pain if you're anywhere remotely exposed, though.

Edit: Also, if we're going to get that elusive snowflake around here this winter, it needs to be before 11.30pm... as my local lamp-posts are now switched off at that time!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Some big gusts around the 45mph mark at lunchtime, and power went off for half an hour or so. Reports of flashing power lines in the village.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Glad were back to the Midlands Thread, it's just lately the thread became the SW thread anyway :p

Right! we are a couple of weeks to WINTER and i think we'll be looking at Dec and even early Dec for the cold spell some of us are looking for fall-to-pieces.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Great to have our own thread back!

Very wet 'n windy overnight, mild at around 12C al night. Rain just finishing up here.

Posted

After a grey start, a lovely sunny day with a max of 13.2C. Clear skies now, and temp fallen away to 7.3C already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few fog patches developing already in the Derwent valley. I'm expecting a foggy start to tomorrow.

Posted

A quiet, slightly misty morning here. Temp rising through the night from a low of 3.3C to 7.6C now.

Posted

Thick Fog this morning here, Temp 3.9c N/W 2mph. A low of -0.6c

Posted

Thick Fog continues here, Very bad visibility Temp 5.8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If you want to see snow this Christmas, then pop down to Snow-lihull. In fact, it might be the only place in the Midlands where snow falls this Winter. :p

post-10703-0-57928900-1416054954_thumb.j

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted

Bish

Still misty here in the centre.

Temperature SLOWLY climbing to 9.6C.

I ws on the golf course earlier on and the sun came out briefly, but the mist/fog look like hanging on now.

MIA

BBC again underestimated that's its mid November now and when the wind calms, fog/low cloud is very stubborn and the days can feel chilly like today, i noticed the ramping up the word mild on last nights forecasts, well 15 days ago it was miles warmer feeling, November isn't a freezing cold month even March is colder and Aprils average minima very similar.

Posted

Thick Fog continues here and does't look like clearing today, Temp 7c with a high of 7.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dense or thick fog for the last 27 hours here and quite a few more hours to come by the look of it.

A little milder though with the temperature already a few tenths of a degree higher than yesterday's 7.5c max'.

Posted

Yes TM it's not lifted all weekend..Whiteout here this morning. Continued thick Fog here to, Temp 8.2c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Dull, grey and misty...

Temperature at 9.0C

TYpical easterly weather.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Out & about on a round trip this morning up to Derby then on to Leicestershire‎ and back to Brum....

Plenty of FOG out there this morning but lifted to mucky conditions and then just got replaced with showers on the way back .

This forthcoming week looks pretty much on the cool side all week with day time temps in single figures, i suppose Avg for mid Nov really.

Tomorrow looks on the wet side for most here in the Midlands & with them winds comes wind-chill, it's going to feel RAW :cold:

30-290UK_gxm6.GIF33-515UK_llj3.GIF

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Temps look decidedly average all week, frost unlikely and limited rainfall.