Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I'm keeping an eye on those showers, they keep missing me so far but the temp is 1.4°C. Could we just squeeze a flake before midnight?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

post-16474-0-79781100-1419550324_thumb.j

Heres another potential on Saturday ^^

:)

Now we have 2 chances and 2 days of hoping!!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 5

Posted

Latest forecast 15-18cm here bring it on.....â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted

Manchester.airport TAF mentions snow

TAF: EGCC 252300Z 2600/2706 18005KT 9999 FEW030 PROB40 TEMPO 2600/2609 7000 SHRA BKN012 PROB30 TEMPO 2612/2615 8000 -RA BECMG 2615/2618 8000 -RA BKN012 TEMPO 2615/2702 4000 RASN BKN007 PROB30 TEMPO 2615/2702 1000 SN BKN002 BECMG 2618/2621 09010KT BECMG 2700/2703 35005KT 9999 NSW TEMPO 2702/2706 SCT012

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

attachicon.gifIMG_1437.JPG

Heres another potential on Saturday ^^

:)

Now we have 2 chances and 2 days of hoping!!

This is my best chance, id bet its hail/sleet at low levels though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Looks like the NW will miss out on the snow now with the ppn staying further South than previously predicted. Euro4 has no snow for the NW and ppn not reaching Northern England and MetO latest forecast reflects this.

Looks like Saturdays showers are now are best bet.

Posted

Looks like the NW will miss out on the snow now with the ppn staying further South than previously predicted. Euro4 has no snow for the NW and ppn not reaching Northern England and MetO latest forecast reflects this.

Looks like Saturdays showers are now are best bet.

Where does the latest Met Office reflect this?

Headline:

Mostly dry this morning, but turning unsettled this afternoon. Cold.

Today:

A bright, frosty start to Boxing Day with patchy freezing fog and isolated showers at first. Becoming cloudy later in the morning with rain spreading northeast during the afternoon, mainly into southern counties, perhaps with some snow, mostly over hills. Maximum Temperature 4 °C.

Tonight:

Some rain across most parts but drier across Cumbria. Rain, sleet and snow clearing southeast after midnight with icy conditions developing. Wintry showers spreading into the northwest by dawn. Minimum Temperature -1 °C.

Saturday:

Cold and icy to start with wintry showers across the northwest, these moving southeast during the morning, some perhaps prolonged. Becoming drier and brighter through the afternoon. Staying cold. Maximum Temperature 3 °C.

Updated: 0306 on Fri 26 Dec 2014

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

nmmuk-1-20-0.png?26-06

This is looking promising!!

• Like 2

Posted

Hearing mixed things about the snow potential for this eve.

And I'm a novice at reading the charts.

So GOOD LUCK to everyone in the best region of the uk :)

Be sure to post some picks for any of us who don't get any to look at with envy.

• Like 1

Posted

Radar shows ppn reaching welsh cost at 8:15 heading swly, the top of the area covers a lot of Northern Ireland so looks like it will reach South Lancashire, just got to wait another hour to find out :)

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

I'm aftaid IT will come too soon for us merseysiders in bootle and walton and crosby it's alreay clouded over here and in an hour or too will be too warm ad will probably fall as rain or sleet at best

• Like 1

Posted

You are subscribed to North West England for Met Office.

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England : Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Halton, Merseyside, Warrington, Greater Manchester, Lancashire & Blackburn with Darwen valid from 1100 Fri 26 Dec to 0600 Sat 27 Dec

• Like 2

Posted

Yes it does appear to be making more northwards progress on radar. Currently watching weather yr review on BBC news CH. That Atlantic storm conveyor belt was on steroids last winter!

• Like 2

Posted

Metoffice warning updated, most of the region still in the firing line!

Posted

Have I got it wrong? I thought the ppn on the radar now was always forecast to be rain...it's the back edge later and the showers that will follow that may be snow, isn't it?

I believe today's event is more of a nowcast just hope for the best, maybe better chances tomorrow

Edited by cfallon

Posted

I agree, a band of showers tomorrow could be of snow, though Metoffice seem to be reserving that one for higher ground atm too. Today's event is better if you're further South and East of the region. Here in warrington, I'm JUST in the yellow warning, probably because it's been mild in the NW England over night due to the rain showers we've had.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted

nmmuk-1-20-0.png?26-06

This is looking promising!!

That would be good if all snow! Im only available to see MetOffice forecast atm, but if colder air does undercut that, then most of NW England could see something. Day of radar watching I think!

• Like 2

Posted

Well it feels cold here, when I checked the temp it was showing +2 (I'm about 2 miles from Liverpool Airport).

The precipitation area on the radar seems to be moving quicker than I thought-I think any ppn we get from the front edge will be rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I believe today's event is more of a nowcast just hope for the best, maybe better chances tomorrow

I fully agree.

The just updated Met O. alert areas has taken the main action further south but much of the region, certainly higher ground towards the east is still likely to see something.

How much falls though is still up for grabs but I feel that higher parts of the Peak District and South Penninies could see a good few inches by the time it clears through.

It could certainly be an interesting journey back home over the tops after this afternoons football.

Tomorrow's looking good with plenty of showers packing in from the North West and this may favour areas which miss out on today's event so hopefully we will all see something over the next couple of days.

Currently 2.6c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Had a few rain showers this morning, surprisingly the temp is now 5.0c Dew 4.0c, when I went to bed last night it was cold and frosty! Not looking good for snow away from elevation and we are sitting the colder air up here! 

Edited by Liam J