Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Nowt here not even windy, was windy earlier.

Posted

Pleased today isn't Christmas Eve, a thoroughly miserable Christmas day would be ahead of us, thankfully the mild very wet conditions of the next 36 hours will clear off to leave a polar maritime flow in time for Christmas.

By no means will this Christmas period go down as a cold classic, but neither a torrid wet windy mild affair of many yesteryears - a respectable one.

• Like 2

Pleased today isn't Christmas Eve, a thoroughly miserable Christmas day would be ahead of us, thankfully the mild very wet conditions of the next 36 hours will clear off to leave a polar maritime flow in time for Christmas.

By no means will this Christmas period go down as a cold classic, but neither a torrid wet windy mild affair of many yesteryears - a respectable one.

that will do me ,a post Christmas dinner walk with the dog in something more seasonal would be nice :)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just watched the 10pm BBC forecast and a thoroughly wet and miserable couple of days coming up with a lot of heavy rain over the Pennines.

This ties in with the current Meto warnings but the current emphasis on flooding to the east of the Pennines may well need extending to cover the rivers draining to the west as well.

Fortunately then seems to follow a dry Christmas Day and Boxing Day before a distinct lack of clarity on what happens afterwards with a few scenarios open.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

24-36 hours of rain nice,

Not the best conditions for last minute shopping.

Posted

I remember watching the news showing snow at Manchester airport just before Christmas 2009 when we were on a Canaries Cruise.

Got really envious of everyone back home having heavy snow whilst I was in warm sunshine.

Thankfully the envy soon changed to oh lucky me and sod the snow as I went for another beer and sat outside again.

Yes I love the snow but I also love the sun on my back and IMHO winter is the best time for a holiday in the sun.

Haha, I must admit mate, I'm a sun worshiper

Posted

Well for Xmas day the mo have changed there forecast from

A dry day, to now forecasting showers, so maybe a white one

for some,I think the irish sea streamer post was in response

to about the 28th with a cold NNW setting in with -9 850s

obviously went un noticed in the mad thread....

C.S

Interesting cheers. I had wondered if my memory of lots of sunny dry Christmas days was rose tinted. FA co final day anyways seems to be sunny too.

opps the quote should  have been weather history's list of Chrtmas's past.

Edited by chris78

Posted

Oh dear conditions reminiscent of last winter at present. A very dark drab wet start to the day with strong gusting winds after very many hours of heavy rain. Local beck at back of garden is swollen - highest its been so far this winter, and a good 24 hours more rainfall forecast. Its a bleak scene over the Lake District, certainly not a day to be out on the fells, indeed one of those days to hide indoors. We have a weather front locked into position waving about - it the same set up which brought the devastating floods of Nov 2009, thankfully the rain isn't anywhere as near as intense.

Looking forward to Christmas Eve when polar maritime descends upon us.

• Like 3

Posted

Such strong gusts here not sure whether to go out or not.

Its windier today than the last windy spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Were off to see father christmas, in our flip flops and bathung suits!! Lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

It's one of those dull depressing gloomy days here, no rain as yet, bit of a wind blowing but nothing out of the ordinary, currently a balmy 12c.

• Like 2

Posted

It's terrible out there ,got to take dog on 200mph walk shortly :)...

I know tell me about it - the radar is beginning to explode into life now so it's all downhill from here, possibly for next 36hrs or more.... awful dog walker weather this....but alas undeterred they will be walked.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1