Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Heaviest(most visible) frost so far this winter here overnight , but only the 3rd coldest night at -3.6c.Gone very dull now with occaisonal showers

Posted

that's nothing. Often at this time of year the temperature can be six or 7° here on the coast, whereas just 3 miles inland itcan be below freezing. it annoys me that after a mild night here with not a hint of a frost,I can get up the next day and hear people talking about what a harsh frost it had been just afew miles inland.

Yeah I can imagine, my grandad lives in Thornton. And I often go down and see that the weather is quite different. I usually just think god it's windy tho being so close to the coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Had a hail shower about 2.30/3pm when I was walking Meg, it felt cold in the wind, didn't bother her though she's got a double fur coat!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

2.1c and rain.

Typical of our luck with the weather really.

Earlier when temperatures are on the right side of marginal it's bone dry.

Get them above the critical point and along come the showers.

It was still damn cold at footy though even after being wrapped in more layers than an onion.

• Like 1

Posted

Today was a real surprise here, went to bed last night thinking that was it on the snowfall front, instead awoke to a sharp frost temp of -3 degrees, then an hour long wonderful snowfall with large fluffy flakes giving a cm cover, this then only slowly cleared through the day, with sleety showers this afternoon. Temps are 2 degrees currently, everything has turned to ice.

The fells looked lovely as ever, and great to see fields next to Lake Windermere all white.

Sadly, the snowline will climb rapidly tomorrow, but there is a good chance of further wintriness at lower levels next Friday - a long while off, and the highest tops should maintain some snow cover over the next few days, though Wednesday will be a test, if the rain is particularly heavy.

I said earlier the best snowfalls are the surprise ones, we hit the jackpot today with a very localised snowfall - it reminded me of Christmas Day 2010 which delivered a snowfall of similar intensity around about the same time which sprang out of nowhere very much homegrown, temps though much milder than that particularly day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Weathers obviously crap, theres no one in this thread!! Lol is this our lot? I hate reading the MOD thread, i dont know how they do it to be honest, it irritates the weeble off me lol,,,, how can they do it year after year with charts and forecasts for the weather to never pan out as the models say?? Take a hint, you cant predict the british weather!!!

Gawd im brave posting this in a massive weather forum aint i ??!! Hehe

• Like 2

Weathers obviously crap, theres no one in this thread!! Lol is this our lot? I hate reading the MOD thread, i dont know how they do it to be honest, it irritates the I have a problem off me lol,,,, how can they do it year after year with charts and forecasts for the weather to never pan out as the models say?? Take a hint, you cant predict the british weather!!!

Gawd im brave posting this in a massive weather forum aint i ??!! Hehe

don't worry you want to see the amount of super duper I kick up on here !!!..:)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sure to make your eyes sting aye!!! Rofl

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Depressing start to the day and no improvement until Monday if the forecast is to believed.

Currently a no mans land 4.1c.

Posted

Sun looks like its trying to come out

Hopefully you're right but not much sign of it happening up here.

Posted

Hopefully you're right but not much sign of it happening up here.

well its trying but its struggling so maybe it wont here either.

Posted

well its trying but its struggling so maybe it wont here either.

Just cloudy and damp here, one of the advantages of living up in the hills.

Not as dismal looking as earlier though and hopefully it will stay dry long enough to put the outside decorations up.

• Like 1

Posted

Very gloomy here goes with my mild hangover :(.....

sun hasn't managed to come out now it's raining.
  • Like 1