Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Well some of you have seen more than me!

Had a shower on Thursday morning which was snowy but pathetic!

That's me lot!!

Most of us still haven't seen a flake including me, only ground above say 200M got some snow, and no more than an inch i believe, i think you got quite lucky to see some snow fall considering your in the east and it was a westerly flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I haven't been outside but after looking at the beautiful frost patterns on the bathroom skylight window I'm pretty sure that it's a Brrrrrrrrrr sort of morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Clear start and -3c.

Looka like a nice winters day and with at least the chance of the odd snow shower thrown in for good measure.

Certainly a day to wrap up warm for the footy though.

Posted

Ooh a lovely crisp frosty start to the day, suspect temperatures will take some time to climb above freezing. We are forecast snow showers as well through the rest of the morning into the afternoon - which would be a real bonus.

Lakeland Fells look wonderful.

Current temp - -2 degrees.

Posted

Had another one of those mysterious white glows in the clouds last night, at about 01:15 and lasted for a good half hour. I know it wasn't the moon that caused this and it's not the first time I've seen one either. Has anyone else seen these?

attachicon.gif20141213_011607.jpg

Yes I have caught a couple of these on my night time lapses.

Which direction was the photo taken?

Here is one of the occurrences during the early hours of 28th September

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Freezing icy white here with cloud coming in

Posted

Lovely frost this morning its that white I thought it had snowed when I opened the curtains.

-2c here brrrrr

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Its frosty outside and no sign of any showers here. :-(

I'm done here for any wintry weather until after Xmas. Hopefully after Xmas.

Posted

-2c fog has given white coat to everything....looks so lovely.... Plus the sleet/ rain from last night has given sheet ice everywhere... Just fed the birds and attempted to break ice on bird bath...

Posted

The best snowfalls are the surprise ones, this is one of them, sky is full of large fluffy snowflakes and in the space of 5 minutes everything is now coated white.

I will stop now..

• Like 2

Posted

The best snowfalls are the surprise ones, this is one of them, sky is full of large fluffy snowflakes and in the space of 5 minutes everything is now coated white.

I will stop now..

Looks like you hit the jackpot there. :laugh:

Posted

Just driven over the tops from Bacup to Burnley and there is a covering of snow above about 350m.

Only a couple of inches but enough to add a sharp clarity to the landscape.

On the opposite side of Burnley, Pendle Hill looked fantastic with the snow line about half way up and further north again, the Yorkshire Dales were crystal clear.

Just s shame I didn't have my decent camera with me and haven't got time to get out this afternoon as it's not often the views are as good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Apparently we had a hail shower this morning and it got very icy, i was too busy sleeping.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Raining here now melting the frost, marking the end of the cold snap here.

On the models front, there is a few agreements that the cold returning by Xmas. I don't know whether it verify or not, its difinatly one to watch though.

The winter is coming, but it will hold for now.

Edited by pip22

Posted

I live on a side of a big hill called werneth low. I think it's 250m at the top. It was -1 and sunshine clear skies at my house went over the hill at 8:30 cos my work is the other side. And I descended into thick fog yet the temp rose to 0oc.

I find it amazing how the weather can be so different in such a short distance.

Apart from snow chilly sunny days are my second best winter weather!

:)

• Like 1

Posted

Just driven over the tops from Bacup to Burnley and there is a covering of snow above about 350m.

Only a couple of inches but enough to add a sharp clarity to the landscape.

On the opposite side of Burnley, Pendle Hill looked fantastic with the snow line about half way up and further north again, the Yorkshire Dales were crystal clear.

Just s shame I didn't have my decent camera with me and haven't got time to get out this afternoon as it's not often the views are as good.

and you didn't pop to mine for a brew thought u was a friend ;)
  • Like 1

Posted

On our drive back from Glasgow this morning it was still managing to snow quite heavily on the higher parts of the M6 and the outside lane was not in use in some places.  Now back in Bacup  there are wintery showers but mainly just cold and damp! 

It was worth the drive to Glasgow just to see this hills absolutely plastered and glittering in the winter sun.

On our drive back from Glasgow this morning it was still managing to snow quite heavily on the higher parts of the M6 and the outside lane was not in use in some places.  Now back in Bacup  there are wintery showers but mainly just cold and damp! 

It was worth the drive to Glasgow just to see this hills absolutely plastered and glittering in the winter sun.

I bet shap and beattock summits where a bit hairy !!!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I live on a side of a big hill called werneth low. I think it's 250m at the top. It was -1 and sunshine clear skies at my house went over the hill at 8:30 cos my work is the other side. And I descended into thick fog yet the temp rose to 0oc.

I find it amazing how the weather can be so different in such a short distance.

Apart from snow chilly sunny days are my second best winter weather!

:)

that's nothing. Often at this time of year the temperature can be six or 7° here on the coast, whereas just 3 miles inland itcan be below freezing. it annoys me that after a mild night here with not a hint of a frost,I can get up the next day and hear people talking about what a harsh frost it had been just afew miles inland.